Thread: Jay Johnson interviewing for vacant Southern Miss

Default Jay Johnson interviewing for vacant Southern Miss

Buckley tweeted Jay Johnson interviewing for vacant Southern Miss head position.

Default Re: Jay Johnson interviewing for vacant Southern Miss

As much as I'd hate to lose him, it's a real testament to our program when our OC leaves to be a head coach at another D-1 program

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Buckley tweeted Jay Johnson interviewing for vacant Southern Miss head position.
    Would miss him. But what a statement that would be. Big bad CUSA school hires our assistant for their head spot.

Good luck to you, Jay.

Wasn't Jay Johnson a prior OC at Southern Miss?

he interviewed last year for the HC spot at Southern Miss if I remember correctly.

7. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Jay Johnson interviewing for vacant Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    he interviewed last year for the HC spot at Southern Miss if I remember correctly.
    Ye, that is the story, and for him to get a second would say that it went real well.

He has ties to Southern Miss. Was an assistant there from 2003-2007 with the last 3 years as OC.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    As much as I'd hate to lose him, it's a real testament to our program when our OC leaves to be a head coach at another D-1 program
    I agree. As long as we can maintain our offensive proficiency without him, losing him for a HC position is a positive for the program

If he would get hired before the bowl game, would he not be able to coach in our game? That would f#$&ing suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    If he would get hired before the bowl game, would he not be able to coach in our game? That would f#$&ing suck.
    Hud got that

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Would be nice to keep him for another year and if we lose Hud, he could take over with a smooth transition. USM job is a mess right now, coach fired, AD fired, President forced to quit, and finances a mess. Should want to be hired by new AD whenever that is filled. Otherwise, might cause friction later if he an new AD do not get along or new AD had his own choice in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Would be nice to keep him for another year and if we lose Hud, he could take over with a smooth transition. USM job is a mess right now, coach fired, AD fired, President forced to quit, and finances a mess. Should want to be hired by new AD whenever that is filled. Otherwise, might cause friction later if he an new AD do not get along or new AD had his own choice in mind.
    I agree completely. If Hud left, he'd be my top choice. But I was just looking at the positives if he did actually leave.

Thread Information