Default ESPN Announcers for N.O. Bowl

Beth Mowins, Joey Galloway & Quint Kessenich

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2012/12/61713/

2. UL Football Re: ESPN Announcers for N.O. Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Beth Mowins, Joey Galloway & Quint Kessenich

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re.2012/12/61713/
    This could be a good thing, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Mowins

a Lafayette graduate will not be calling us Lafayette, and maybe not even UL Lafayette.

Default Re: ESPN Announcers for N.O. Bowl

Judging by the softball tournament, expect LOTS of Lafayette-ing.

Beth mowins??? ehhhh. Glad I'll be in the stadium. At least she's not Pam Ward. She was atrocious

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to get out in front of this and start to write to ESPN and these three camera jockeys to see if they will respect our branding?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    Does anyone think it might be a good idea to get out in front of this and start to write to ESPN and these three camera jockeys to see if they will respect our branding?
    That's up to our SID and Conference head. Last year "piggy" waters worked against us. Hope things are different this year? Last year folks tried the twitter thing and email thing about the name and got it shoved in our faces. Let our SID do his job, hopefully the Conference will follow.

Z

7. UL Football Re: ESPN Announcers for N.O. Bowl

no,they won't appreciate that.

We need a couple of hotties to approach the guys, and for her Lafitte The Pirate even though he is now married. She has to understand UL is more important than wedding day vows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    That's up to our SID and Conference head. Last year "piggy" waters worked against us. Hope things are different this year? Last year folks tried the twitter thing and email thing about the name and got it shoved in our faces. Let our DID do his job, hopefully the Conference will follow.

Z
    Dr. S hired a national firm a year ago to develop a branding initiative. Wouldn't this game on national tv with that kind of exposure be the right time to initiate this? I only assume it will include LOUISIANA and the Fleur de Lis in some form, doing away with the pepper logo and mascot, but who knows. Like everything else, it is top secret stuff. If not now, when?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Dr. S hired a national firm a year ago to develop a branding initiative. Wouldn't this game on national tv with that kind of exposure be the right time to initiate this? I only assume it will include LOUISIANA and the Fleur de Lis in some form, doing away with the pepper logo and mascot, but who knows. Like everything else, it is top secret stuff. If not now, when?
    Don't hold you breath, my man. It looks more and more like WE KNOW OUR PLACE!!

How crappy is that, right??

Z

Yeah, a lot of people hammered the PBP guy last year before the game. Dont think it helped much

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Judging by the softball tournament, expect LOTS of Lafayette-ing.
    When did Beth Mowans announce Louisiana softball? I remember Holly Rowe.I remember Jennie Finch.I do not remember Beth Mowans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    Carter promised me and others on Twitter last year he'd be respectful, and at least use "Louisiana . - Lafayette" at all times. He did not keep his word. I'm sure Beth's on Twitter. I'm sure she'll hear it from Louisiana and ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Carter promised me and others on Twitter last year he'd be respectful, and at least use "Louisiana . - Lafayette" at all times. He did not keep his word. I'm sure Beth's on Twitter. I'm sure she'll hear it from Louisiana and ULM.
    Dude was a tool. If our people do their job and the Conf. office does theirs we have no problem.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Dude was a tool. If our people do their job and the Conf. office does theirs we have no problem.

Z
    What about our conference office? All the SBC has on its website is Louisiana Lafayette. I thought Benson was going to help us in that regard. To simply let us call ourselves that and not have the conference do so is no help.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    What about our conference office? All the SBC has on its website is Louisiana Lafayette. I thought Benson was going to help us in that regard. To simply let us call ourselves that and not have the conference do so is no help.
    Benson calls us "Louisiana" when he talks to "us" and "Louisiana-Lafayette" when he talks to everyone else. We were "Louisiana-Lafayette" in his MT radio interview.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information