Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Announcers for N.O. Bowl

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ESPN Announcers for N.O. Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Benson calls us "Louisiana" when he talks to "us" and "Louisiana-Lafayette" when he talks to everyone else. We were "Louisiana-Lafayette" in his MT radio interview.
    and thats fine Thats more than we got from Porky. If Benson doesnt micromanage we will be okay

Z

Damn, I hate when they put women announcing football. It ruins the game for me. And outside of ESPN propaganda the consensus of other college football fans who have had to endure her broadcasts of their games is that she is beyond atrocious.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Damn, I hate when they put women announcing football. It ruins the game for me. And outside of ESPN propaganda the consensus of other college football fans who have had to endure her broadcasts of their games is that she is beyond atrocious.
    Its a politically correct world, sir. From the beauties that now cruise the aisles of United and American Airlines Jets, to the propaganda that certain energy production companies put on the internet (Facebook).

Things have changed. not for the better.

Z

Benson calls us "Louisiana" when he talks to "us" and "Louisiana-Lafayette" when he talks to everyone else. We were "Louisiana-Lafayette" in his MT radio interview.
    We were called Lafayette in a South Alabama radio interview (ULM was called Monroe).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Its a politically correct world, sir. From the beauties that now cruise the aisles of United and American Airlines Jets, to the propaganda that certain energy production companies put on the internet (Facebook).

Z
    Admit it, you liked that WalMart Octomom look on that stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Admit it, you liked that WalMart Octomom look on that stew.
    I'll admit to anything if it would have gotten us to Tulsa before midnite!

Back to important things, do I delete the 2011 New Orleans Bowl off of my DVR at home so I can record the 2012 version? Space is getting tight on the DVR these days.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Back to important things, do I delete the 2011 New Orleans Bowl off of my DVR at home so I can record the 2012 version? Space is getting tight on the DVR these days.
    Ummmmm"Beth Mowans." Nope.

9. Default Re: ESPN Announcers for N.O. Bowl

I want Forrest Conoly.

He did color for 3 UL games this year.

First game LOUISIANA -Lafayette

Second game: Louisiana, Louisiana-Lafayette

Third game: Louisiana

10. UL Football Re: ESPN Announcers for N.O. Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z
    When I was a young buck the airline stewardess were hot, really young, and women not some light in the loafers men.

Now I watch these guys and gals limping along counting the days til they they can access their 401 accounts. My niece is one of those in her mid forties. She works like heck to stay in shape and was an absolute hottie when she was young.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    Does anyone think it might be a good idea to get out in front of this and start to write to ESPN and these three camera jockeys to see if they will respect our branding?
    Might want to start at the top
    John Wildhack: ESPN Executive Vice President, Production

ESPN
    Atten: Mr. John Wildhack
    ESPN Plaza
    Bristol, CT 06010

The trouble with trying to find the game producer or someone with production control or graphics is that these bowl games will be worked by free lancers and contract guys, not entirely by ESPN employees.
    Its 3 weeks till kick, but no telling when all of the pre produced packages and the graphics will get started or who will be working on them. At least, if this is the guy, they could end up with the right person. Also, does the university "own" the various names of our school? That would put a whole different spin on this in that, along with the "brand" your name is a valuable asset and should be handled as such by the media, don't care who it is.
    I mean, if KLFY continued to refer to E S P N as "ess-pin", how fast would espn have their lawyers in Lafayette. Same with the university's name.

Joey Galloway.I remember when he was drafted by the Seahawks, guy was awesome.until he held out and wore out his welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Joey Galloway.I remember when he was drafted by the Seahawks, guy was awesome.until he held out and wore out his welcome.
    Let's see if you still feel that way after December 22 :-)

Let's see if you still feel that way after December 22 :-)
    I've been pretty indifferent towards the guy for a while now.I don't plan on watching the game on the 22nd.so I don't think that will change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I've been pretty indifferent towards the guy for a while now.I don't plan on watching the game on the 22nd.so I don't think that will change at all.
    You know you'll be watching :-)

Good luck pounding Ohio, by the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information