Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ECU Tickets sold.

Default ECU Tickets sold.

One poster on the CUSA board stated that they sold 2,000 tickets in the first 36 hours. That's already at or more than SDSU brought last year. If their ticket sales slowly climb up until the game, we could realistically be looking at 10k fans from them. Assuming we bring 40k again, which to be honest I'm kinda thinking we may have more like 35k this year. we are still looking at 50-60,000 butts in the dome come game day.

Can't wait for this game!

Default Re: ECU Tickets sold.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    One poster on the CUSA board stated that they sold 2,000 tickets in the first 36 hours. That's already at or more than SDSU brought last year. If their ticket sales slowly climb up until the game, we could realistically be looking at 10k fans from them. Assuming we bring 40k again, which to be honest I'm kinda thinking we may have more like 35k this year. we are still looking at 50-60,000 butts in the dome come game day.

Can't wait for this game!
    Our ticket sales are going faster than last year. There is no reason to believe we won't have more tickets sold this year!

What are y'all's honest opinion on how many tickets we sell?

I feel like the excitement around the program has dropped off just a tad from last year, and this not being our first bowl game in 40 years and not being a night game seems like a 5k attendance flux. am I wrong?

I would love to hear y'alls honest opinions here.

Do we get 40k again? Why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Our ticket sales are going faster than last year. There is no reason to believe we won't have more tickets sold this year!
    Right, but can we keep the pace?

We did not sell 40K last year at the Cajun Dome, we sold 18,500. The rest were walk up, ticket master, etc. I have heard that we have sold 14,500 so far. Not sure how it will go, but the attendence should exceed last year. Personally, I expect a total of about 46,000.

Good thing we got our room reservations already with that many in NO

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    We did not sell 40K last year at the Cajun Dome, we sold 18,500. The rest were walk up, ticket master, etc. I have heard that we have sold 14,500 so far. Not sure how it will go, but the attendence should exceed last year. Personally, I expect a total of about 46,000.
    Great info. good to know.

I don't know about ECU, I hope they have a good crowd as MOST of there fans seem like us and would be a fun atmosphere, but I also noticed many people were buying tickets for the military people.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Correct, but why did we only sell 18,500? That was the allotment given to us. The rest had to go through the NO Bowl and we know SDSU had 2k max.

Hopefully this year we were able to secure a larger number of tickets to sell .that means profit to UL!

I think the university deadline to buy tickets is Thursday, we better get it going if we are gonna get to 18,500. I know why they did it but the priority seating will affect attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Correct, but why did we only sell 18,500? That was the allotment given to us. The rest had to go through the NO Bowl and we know SDSU had 2k max.

Hopefully this year we were able to secure a larger number of tickets to sell .that means profit to UL!
    If I understand correctly ( I could be off), bowls give schools an allotment of 17,500 tickets to sell through the school. Schools like UL can request more and I think we have an alottment of 18500. I predict that we bring more fans this year than last. If ECU can bring 5-10k, we should have ~55k in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I think the university deadline to buy tickets is Thursday, we better get it going if we are gonna get to 18,500. I know why they did it but the priority seating will affect attendance.
    The UL website says the deadline to buy priority tickets is Thursday. Is this the same as buying tickets through UL at all?

Im guessing that's the deadliine to get your paperwork in so you are in line for the priority seats. I imagine they will sell tickets till the complete allotment is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    The UL website says the deadline to buy priority tickets is Thursday. Is this the same as buying tickets through UL at all?
    I'm not sure it, it isn't very clear. I thought it was priority deadline but both news outlets reported it as a final deadline. I hope it isn't and don't see why it would be, but needs to be cleared up

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'm not sure it, it isn't very clear. I thought it was priority deadline but both news outlets reported it as a final deadline. I hope it isn't and don't see why it would be, but needs to be cleared up
    Yea this just doesn't make much sense. It's got to be just the Priority deadline.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information