Thread: Security at the Super Dome

I have a Question Security at the Super Dome

I have a question about seatingMy wife can't climb but a few steps. I called the Super Dome about this and they told me that they could not control where my seats would be. The ticket office at the cajun dome had no answers either for my concerns. I question them about handicap sections also. I had to fill out a form, send it in so they could verify that I had someone with a handicap. My question, last year did anyone have a problem moving from one section to another without having the security telling you that you can't sit there even if they may have several hundred seat avalible? If so than I can't go without knowing that my wife can't find a seat that she feels safe sitting in.so it might be TV for me and my wife.

Default Re: Security at the Super Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I have a question about seatingMy wife can't climb but a few steps. I called the Super Dome about this and they told me that they could not control where my seats would be. The ticket office at the cajun dome had no answers either for my concerns. I question them about handicap sections also. I had to fill out a form, send it in so they could verify that I had someone with a handicap. My question, last year did anyone have a problem moving from one section to another without having the security telling you that you can't sit there even if they may have several hundred seat avalible? If so than I can't go without knowing that my wife can't find a seat that she feels safe sitting in.so it might be TV for me and my wife.
    If you filled out the bowl ticket request AND noted on it that you needed handicapped seating AND you were able to verify the handicapped situation, you are all right. I posted not long ago the Superdome's website page with information on this. If you need to be comforted that this will be taken care of, go to the superdome website, look up hte information and call again. But if you took care of filling ou the form(s) you will be ok.

I am not famillar with the handicap seating in the Superdome. Is it only wheelchair or is there seating also? I need seating in handicap zones. No wheel chair.

I don't have a good answer, but I would personally go down to the Cajundome or the Athletic Dept. once they receive their allotment. They've been so overwhelmed with questions and info that they probably couldn't give you the special attention you deserve in this situation. I'm sure it would be relatively easy for them to pull a handicapped seat or one right near an entrance for you. I think this would be a better option then chancing it with the Superdome rent-a-cops.

Good Luck.

Come on man, not one security person will look you and your wife in the face and say sport I can't help you. You will be fine. I had a buddy with a regular ticket last year and he is in a wheelchair and they accommodated him just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Come on man, not one security person will look you and your wife in the face and say sport I can't help you. You will be fine. I had a buddy with a regular ticket last year and he is in a wheelchair and they accommodated him just fine.
    This "Come on Man" reply was not necessary. I ask a simple guestion about my having to get a seat where my wife would not have to climb more than a few steps or sit in a handicap section. I needed to know this so we could attend the game without having security saying you can't sit there. This "Come on Man" seams to emply that I have all the answers, which I don't. We would prefer going to the game knowing we will not have any problems instead of sitting at home watching it on the TV.

Wasn't trying to be rude, I tend to write as I speak, it was a general statement, don't take everything do personal. I imagine you and your wife are older, again what kind of dome personnel wouldn't help y'all ? You will be fine.

I am a senior as well as my wife. We are in good health except for my wife's climbing. We attended a Saints game several years back and had a problem. Our seats were with the pigions. Wife could not climb. We was told we could not stand were we was watching the game. Some seats were avalible but we could not sit in them without a ticket for these seats. So needless to say we had to leaveso that is why I am asking the guestions I asked.

I hear you but this game will have 20,000 empty seats

The game will have 20K emtpy seats but they keep the upper deck closed. I'm not sure why Frenchie is not getting handicapped area seating . you would be able to have one person with the handicapped seat so everything would be ok.

That is why they have reserved seats . if everyone went to a seat they felt was better for them we should just have general admission seating.

Thread Information