Thread: LA over GA 7-2

1. UL Softball LA over GA 7-2

The Lotief's really seem to have weathered (pun) all the rain and somehow have the Lady Cajuns ready to go early in the season.

4-0 with 2 wins over a top-20 team.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: LA over GA 7-2

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    The Lotief's really seem to have weathered (pun) all the rain and somehow have the Lady Cajuns ready to go early in the season.

4-0 with 2 wins over a top-20 team.
    Did not realize we only had 2 jrs and 3 srs. Getting some experience this year with what some in the know, consider the best H.S. pitcher in the US coming in next year????????

plus a national top 5 rated recruiting class????

Dont know about you, but I am definitely purchasing a new pair of shades

UL Softball Re: LA over GA 7-2

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Did not realize we only had 2 jrs and 3 srs. Getting some experience this year with what some in the know, consider the best H.S. pitcher in the US coming in next year????????

plus a national top 5 rated recruiting class????

Dont know about you, but I am definitely purchasing a new pair of shades

At one of the Lady Cajun basketball games Steff stated it was #4 in the country, to me. She had me tell Gerald behind me and he said, I knew that, but I want to see a #1 in the country(smiling) and then we will get that new building built in centerfield!!!

DaddyCajun

4. UL Softball UL smashes in two wins to start season at 4-0

Georgia had just brought the score to 3-2 in the previous inning when Ragin' Cajuns senior Lacey Bertucci stepped up to the plate with the bases loaded.

With one mighty swing of her bat she lifted the Cajuns (4-0) to a five-run lead. She knew it was gone as soon as the ball left her bat and the bright green sphere went so far it landed on the top of a tree in left field.

"Lacey Bertucci is one of the best hitters in the country," said head coach Michael Lotief. "She's been pressing lately and has just missed a couple of balls, but she got a hold of that one. What I liked about it was the two infield hits that kept the inning alive and helped load the bases."

The Cajuns struggled to get a bat on Georgia (2-2) pitcher Kate Gaskill early and did not swat their first hit until the fourth inning. Gaskill finished the night with 11 strikeouts.

The rest of the story

Grant Alexander
    Sports Correspondent

Default Re: LA over GA 7-2

Some very impressive wins this weekend so far. Especially when you consider that this team was supposed to have some questions about their pitching staff. 2 wins over a #14 ranked Georgia is definately something to brag about. Somehow I'm not too surprised with the excellent coaching staff we have here at UL. Good luck with your last two games today ladies. The hardest games are over with for the weekend. Let's go out and be 6-0 come Monday!!! GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!

Thread Information