Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: La. Tech AD on Tim Brando: Quotes

Default Re: La. Tech AD on Tim Brando: Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    Ya see Moore? I knew nathan, and some of the fellas around his age were gonna call you on this. Oh well, if you win/lose, I will chip in to help with your bar tab.
    You sayin' I screwed up?

I'll be glad to help a fellow CAJUN even if it costs my RCAF donation for next year! Last year it was tough getting a few beers all night at Champions Square . do you think they are already stocking up the bars for us!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Same lines from him, blaming everyone but HIMSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    You sayin' I screwed up?

I'll be glad to help a fellow CAJUN even if it costs my RCAF donation for next year! Last year it was tough getting a few beers all night at Champions Square . do you think they are already stocking up the bars for us!

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I will be glad to help as well.

Champion's square was bad Moore, but I had to take about a half a mile hike to find a beer in the Dome at around the third. Now to be fair to the Dome, I was sitting close to the students.

You sayin' I screwed up?

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Bottom line: GET READY 'CAUSE WE'RE COMING BACK!

Here's something else I don't understand. The Liberty Bowl said they'd take you (Tech) no matter what, then why didn't they just invite you and you accept? Or did you tell them, "Hold on. I'm going to see if somebody prettier than you asks me out" like you did with the I-Bowl?

Don't you realize how disrespectful and cocky that is? But then again, in your own words, that's "the logical next step."

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    I will be glad to help as well.

Champion's square was bad Moore, but I had to take about a half a mile hike to find a beer in the Dome at around the third. Now to be fair to the Dome, I was sitting close to the students.
    They were definetly not prepared for a Cajun Invasion . a friend told me one of the barkeeps said they ran out of their beer supply that normally gets them into the 3rd quarter of Saints games, and this was for the RCAF pregame party!

I hope they are ready for us this year because we aren't goint to have our normal pregame prep this year. I hope they are ready for the postgame celebration this year . it would be pretty cool if Champions Square is open postgame AFTER we win!

Default Re: Tech=no bowl

Jimmy Watson, let's blame everyone else, it's the I Bowl's fault. He also just claimed that Tech would not make any money on playing in the I Bowl?? WTF. Typical Tech arrogance and a lot of butt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    Jimmy Watson, let's blame everyone else, it's the I Bowl's fault. He also just claimed that Tech would not make any money on playing in the I Bowl?? WTF. Typical Tech arrogance and a lot of butt hurt.
    Wouldn't make any money? They would have probably sold their entire allotment and got paid the full payout.that's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Wouldn't make any money? They would have probably sold their entire allotment and got paid the full payout.that's BS.
    No, I understand what he is saying . they wouldn't travel well to Shreveport! What a joke!

Dumb and Dumber meets latech.

No, I understand what he is saying . they wouldn't travel well to Shreveport! What a joke!

Travel? I thought they owned Shreveport/Bossier? Isn't Shreveport just overrun with Tech fans? If all their claims were true that ame should ave old out after than a Led Zeppelin reunion concert.

Lol oh right.apparently that's what he's implying.

Did the host challenge any of Jimmy's absurd assertions? Or was it just free airtime for Tech propaganda?

I keep waiting for Bradshaw to open his mouth and chime in with some ignorant insight of his.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I keep waiting for Bradshaw to open his mouth and chime in with some ignorant insight of his.
    He's too busy badmouthing Drew brees

15. Default Re: Tech=no bowl

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    Watson maintains that the Independence Bowl did not want a Tech vs. ULM matchup (due to sponsors reaction in the past concerning two Louisiana schools playing in the Bowl). This does not fit with Van de Velde's account of events. .

Trying to piece together the timeline .

- The Independence Bowl contacts Tech several weeks ago about an invitation. The rumor part of this has Tech replying that they are interested if a Sun Belt opponent is not on the other side (unsubstantiated and probably never will be).

- The Independence Bowl contacts Tech after the San Jose State game, once again expressing interest. The rumor part of this has Tech replying that they are interested if ULM is not on the other side (unsubstantiated and probably never will be).

- According to Van de Velde, the Independence Bowl issued Louisiana Tech an invitation late last week. You can take this to mean no later than Friday.

- The Independence Bowl contacts Tech Saturday morning (12/1) and informs Van de Velde that the Bowl needs a decision by Tech. Van de Velde replies that he needs to confer with his head coach and the university before making that commitment and that he would be back in touch. Tech officials discuss the situation and arrive at the conclusion that they should vet the HOD and Liberty Bowl possibilities.

- Van de Velde communicates the above to the Independence Bowl (still Saturday morning) . asking them for enough time to determine how the Saturday games play out . such that they would have the information they need to make the best decision for Louisiana Tech. Note that Van de Velde says nothing about waiting into Sunday when the BCS results were available. The Independence Bowl did not announce Ohio until after the Sunday BCS announcements were made.

- The Independence Bowl calls back later that Saturday during the Oklahoma - TCU game (started just after 11am CST) and told Van de Velde that they needed a decision before the end of the Oklahoma - TCU game. Van de Velde tells them once again that he must confer with his Tech associates and will be back in touch. Obviously he does not adhere to the deadline imposed by the Independence Bowl, because .

- Van de Velde then claims that he spoke with the Indy Bowl later that afternoon (does not specify when) and that the Indy Bowl informed him that the Bowl had decided to move on an agreement with the MAC (not an agreement with Ohio yet, but the MAC in general). This discussion obviously took place after ULM was invited. The ULM invite was announced in the press at about 4pm CST . full article was available at that time. Not sure how much earlier the invite was actually extended to ULM.

- According to Van de Velde, he had a discussion Saturday evening (could have been the same discussion above) with the Independence Bowl (again, after ULM was invited) where he told them that any team they wanted to chose from the MAC would be there for them on Sunday. This was Van de Velde attempting to get the Indy Bowl to wait before committing the final Bowl spot to the MAC.

- Thus, into Saturday evening . well after ULM was invited, Van de Velde was still posturing for more time . attempting to convince the Independence Bowl that they could wait until Sunday and still have the same choice of MAC teams. Of course, this is not true and was not in the best interest of the Independence Bowl. This would have put the Independence Bowl at risk of being stuck with a 6-6 Central Michigan, or worse, a Sun Belt vs. Sun Belt matchup. The Independence Bowl was rightly and smartly protecting themselves.

- If the Independence Bowl had no interest in Tech after ULM was invited, then why was Van de Velde still lobbying the Independence Bowl Saturday evening to wait until Sunday on committing to a MAC team (for the spot opposite ULM)? Why would the Independence Bowl waste their time on all of these discussions with Van de Velde post the ULM invite? If Tech's chances of playing in the Independence Bowl had completely evaporated earlier in the day when ULM was extended an invite, the Independence Bowl would have stated just that and there would have been no further discussions/negotiations on whether the Independence Bowl should commit at that time to the MAC for the other spot.

Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information