Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Final: Louisiana (80) vs UNT (76)

Default Re: Cajuns vs Mean Green

Very nice game. These guys are learning how to play on the road. Good job Cajuns!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Nice weekend for UL sports

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    I sure do miss jj and raymone
    and their posse'!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    and their posse'!!!

Z
    Z, I know one thing you don't miss is your friend Tony Mitchell continuing to struggle against the Cajuns. I can't explain how we are able to contain that great talent. However, he has not been much of a factor in three of the four games he has played against us. Tonight he more turnovers and more fouls than points.

Also, both wins today are on the road against teams leaving the league which had disappointing attendance. I know our basketball attendance has dropped substantially but we have had seven virtual losing seasons in a row while UNT has been successful in recent years. In addition, we have had one home game on a Sunday, another on the night before Thanksgiving, and one on an evening the Saints played. Home schedule has not exactly been fan friendly. If we do well in Lake Charles next Saturday night, maybe a few more folks will show up at the next home game which is a week from Tuesday. I doubt it as too many folks have gotten out of the habit of going to basketball. It will take a winning streak to get folks to come back.

5. Default Re: Cajuns vs Mean Green

Excellent win tonight against a tough opponent . on the road.

Brian

I am shocked. wow

7. Default Re: Cajuns vs Mean Green

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    I am shocked. wow
    ---La -Bamba was 5/5 on 3s I think and LeBlanc played 10 minutes---that can't be correct but from the ESPN site---Where is AMT???? Moss hardly played and EP had 39 minutes---I am trying to remember this---Long 27 pts--Shepard played a bunch--Well we will know tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---La -Bamba was 5/5 on 3s I think and LeBlanc played 10 minutes---that can't be correct but from the ESPN site---Where is AMT???? Moss hardly played and EP had 39 minutes---I am trying to remember this---Long 27 pts--Shepard played a bunch--Well we will know tomorrow!!!
    Maybe AMT and moss were out. Steve said we were 4 short tonight due to illness and injury but I never heard specifics

9. Default Re: Cajuns vs Mean Green

OK thanks!!!

Makes the win seem more impressive eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    AMT was suspended for Thursday's game and last night's game. All the other guys who sat out were missing due to injury or illness. Barnett had some dental surgery but I don't recall the medical issues with the other guys. That is why Leblanc played 10 minutes. He hit a big three. Had to be a thrill for a walk on to make a big shot in a road conference game.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (80) vs UNT (76)

Bad news:
    Coach Marlin said on his radio show tonight that Kevin Jones is out for the season.
    Tough loss for the Cajuns. He was contributing.
    He broke a bone in his foot and will have to undergo surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Bad news:
    Coach Marlin said on his radio show tonight that Kevin Jones is out for the season.
    Tough loss for the Cajuns. He was contributing.
    He broke a bone in his foot and will have to undergo surgery.
    Kevin Brown

Thanks for the correction!
    Kevin Brown.
    Tough loss. Coach said he will count on him to lead by example off the court.

Kevin Brown
    #31 Kevin Brown

Position: G
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 200
    Class: Redshirt Sophomore
    Hometown: Houston, Texas
    High School: Alief Elsik

Kevin Brown is ready to go. After sitting out the 2011-12 season following his transfer from Tulane, he is eager to show what he can do and he joins the Cajuns at a time when his previous experience is both welcomed and needed. His quickness and strength has helped him to become an effective scorer with the ball and he continues to work on his perimeter shooting ability. Capable of playing at either guard position, UL’s depth at the point will probably keep his playing time limited to a wing position.

2011-12 (redshirt)
    • Joined the team at the start of fall semester and sat out the season as a redshirt to meet NCAA transfer guidelines.

Tulane (2010-11)
    • Played in 18 games for the Green Wave as a true-freshman, averaging 1.3 points and 0.4 rebounds in 6.4 minutes a game.
    • Set career highs for points (8), rebounds (2) and assists (2) in win over Auburn-Montgomery.
    • Originally signed with Central Florida out of high school but ended up at Tulane.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information