Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: ULM to Independence Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Yep View Post
    Chickenhawks > Chickens
    LA Cluck

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    it was never going to be Tech/ULM, it was going to be one local team or the other. Indy Bowl would've tried to find a way to get an AQ or someone from out of state. Tech/ULM game would've been terrible for tv ratings because nobody outside of Louisiana would be interested in watching it and since we haven't played in a long time nobody thinks of us as rivals.
    You think anyone nationally is watching that bowl anyway, no matter who plays? I bet the national audience doesn't change much no matter who is in it. Nationally it will be watched by hardcore football fans, degenerate gamblers, the two competing teams fans. Otherwise it will be on in the background of people's holiday parties. ULM v Tech would have at least had an angle.

Default Re: ULM to Independence Bowl

Hahaha! I bet LSU is relieved they don't have to play in the Sugar Bowl. You know, they have played their more than 4 times and it is old hat for the fans.
    Tech is ducking ULM.period. They are doing it because they know they have no chance of stopping ULM on offense. If ULM were going somewhere else, Tech would be taking an I-bowl invite in a heartbeat. All the other comments by Tech are spin to save face and project superiority.

Default Re: ULM to Independence Bowl

I can see TD88's point about not seeing anything special about playing in Shreveport.after all they own Shreveport, right?

Seriously, though, that probably would have been about as exciting as us playing in the New Orleans Bowl when it was held in Lafayette. However his argument about no one on TV wanting to watch a tech - ulm matchup is absurd, it would draw as many viewers as a tech NIU matchup did. And it would have a greater magnitude of fans in the stands

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information