Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ULM to Independence Bowl

Default Re: ULM to Independence Bowl, but

Quote Originally Posted by ChouCajunDawg View Post
    hey Z, they're holding out hopes, or, taking a risk, waiting chips to fall and for the Dallas bowl or the Memphis Bowl. Now, you've been to Shreveport, and you prob think for a Rustonite that would be vacation paradise, but seriously, would you rather play in shreveport, or memphis/dallas ? new orleans is gonna be a great place for y'all but after a few, dont you think the cajun nation is gonna wanna travel somewhere else as well?

anyway, good luck to y'all, the team i love to hate
    A Tech fan that doesn't wish us dead? You are rare one. It's not hard to find what Tech really thinks of UL. http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=439

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ChouCajunDawg View Post
    hey Z, they're holding out hopes, or, taking a risk, waiting chips to fall and for the Dallas bowl or the Memphis Bowl. Now, you've been to Shreveport, and you prob think for a Rustonite that would be vacation paradise, but seriously, would you rather play in shreveport, or memphis/dallas ? new orleans is gonna be a great place for y'all but after a few, dont you think the cajun nation is gonna wanna travel somewhere else as well?

anyway, good luck to y'all, the team i love to hate
    HAHAHA! Mike, we clear almost a million when we play in NO. It matters not to me. I agree Shreveport sucks balls Good Luck.I admire your dedication, but deep down.I gotta believe that playing ULM had just a teeny tiny bit to do with your boys not wanting Shreveport!! Good Luck with the bowl search, my man!!

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    A Tech fan that doesn't wish us dead? You are rare one. It's not hard to find what Tech really thinks of UL. http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=439
    Naaah Pete, this is a good guy.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I know, I am really impressed that none of you guys have piled on this week I really appreciate that, but. this backing away from the I-bowl is a crock o crap and you know it.

You will not make any money in San Diego and definitely wont make it in Detroit. Your people whining about Sonny interviewing better remember where we all are on the food chain. Tech aint BCS, neither is UL

Good Luck, though,

Z
    I didn't say Indy Bowl was a crock o crap, what I meant was that Tech has so many games in Shreveport at the same stadium that many are tired of going & it doesn't seem like much of a reason to go to a bowl game in a place you were just at two months ago

Default Re: ULM to Independence Bowl

The reason is so you can prove how superior you are to ULM! Damn, here is the chance. Go whip there ___ and show them who's boss! Unless.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    The reason is so you can prove how superior you are to ULM! Damn, here is the chance. Go whip there ___ and show them who's boss! Unless.
    I don't need a football game to tell me that school should've never become more than Ouachita Junior College

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    I don't need a football game to tell me that school should've never become more than Ouachita Junior College
    But seriously. why does Tech not play ULM? If you guys are so much better than ULM, you should skull drag them across the field. Fact is, ULM may beat you guys. That is a fact. I hate ULM as much as you guys, but is La Tech scared?

Ditto .I'm not disagreeing with TD88 on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    Ditto .I'm not disagreeing with TD88 on this one.
    I'm not either. But why do they not tell ULM, come on, we will beat the crap out of you.

Easy answer, because they can not say that. This is a fact.

We are talking about football teams, this year. Not whether the school should exist.

Of course it shouldn't.its patently absurd there are 3 four year colleges that close together in that sparsely populated of an area.

But they DO exist. And a ulm v tech bowl game would be extremely exciting, but one team doesn't have the stones. Or at least that's how it looks to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarine81 View Post
    But seriously. why does Tech not play ULM? If you guys are so much better than ULM, you should skull drag them across the field. Fact is, ULM may beat you guys. That is a fact. I hate ULM as much as you guys, but is La Tech scared?
    Davidson and his money, we must not make the cashcow upset

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    We are talking about football teams, this year. Not whether the school should exist.

Of course it shouldn't.its patently absurd there are 3 four year colleges that close together in that sparsely populated of an area.

But they DO exist. And a ulm v tech bowl game would be extremely exciting, but one team doesn't have the stones. Or at least that's how it looks to everyone.
    it was never going to be Tech/ULM, it was going to be one local team or the other. Indy Bowl would've tried to find a way to get an AQ or someone from out of state. Tech/ULM game would've been terrible for tv ratings because nobody outside of Louisiana would be interested in watching it and since we haven't played in a long time nobody thinks of us as rivals.

Send N. Dakota Technical College to Shreveport, and La. Tech is happy to take that game. Run with your tails between your legs to Detroit. We all know what really happened.

Chickenhawks > Chickens

I didn't say Indy Bowl was a crock o crap, what I meant was that Tech has so many games in Shreveport at the same stadium that many are tired of going & it doesn't seem like much of a reason to go to a bowl game in a place you were just at two months ago
    I can appreciate thatit amazes me to think that having never been to a bowl before last year that if we win the belt next yearback to NOLA we go and I think that it would kind of be old hat at that point.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information