Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A 12 game schedule as an Independent

Default Re: A 12 game schedule as an Independent

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If we don't get the CUSA invite this winter, we should begin talks immediately with a few other schools to start planning the move to the SIFA or start planning the move ourselves if nobody wants to do it with us.

The fact that has to be learned in Martin Hall and on this board is that there is no moving up out of the SLC-II for this university.

Like I've said before, we've been branded.

Time to change the brand.
    TENNESSEE KNOXVILLE
    AKRON AKRON
    GEORGIA ST CAJUN FIELD
    USA CAJUN FIELD
    MIDDLE TENN MURFESBORO
    TEXAS AUSTIN
    TROY CAHUN FIELD (HC)
    TEXAS ST SAN MARCOS
    NICHOLLS ST CAJUN FIELD
    SOUTH FLORIDA TAMPA
    ARKANSAS ST JONESBORO
    ULM CAJUN FIELD

That's what an independant schedule would look like. Then again, that's what a SBC schedule might look like too.

While I'm still not sure independent is the way to go, I can buy that rationale for it. But at least be realistic about the difficulties that route will present.

If it was really that easy to do, don't you think more schools not named Notre Dame and the service academy's would have done that before now?

4. Default Re: A 12 game schedule as an Independent

An Indi schedule is 3 times the scheduling work of being in a conference. In a conference you find 4 games, as an Independent you find 8 more.

Before computers it was a nightmare. Since computer aided scheduling, no one has revisited the issue, or they love letting the conference do 2/3 of the work.

The thing is though, once you get these scheduling relationships started, then half the work is self completing again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information