Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When do we get to meet the coaches

UL Football When do we get to meet the coaches

Usually there is a press conference, I must have missed it. I would like to meet the new football coaches is there a chance of this happening soon?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: When do we get to meet the coaches

Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage
    Usually there is a press conference, I must have missed it. I would like to meet the new football coaches is there a chance of this happening soon?
    I heard Uncle Ray won't authorize the money for a press conference.

There might be a few coaches at the Townhouse Restaurant next Wednesday (Feb. 7th) for the recruiting bash. But I'm not sure if any of the new coaches will be on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    I heard Uncle Ray won't authorize the money for a press conference.

Be careful though Rhineaux, Oldman is going to get upset.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: When do we get to meet the coaches

Since these guys were all hired in the heat of recruiting season, I am not surprised that there is not any pomp and circumstance. In addition these are all assistant coaches, hardly press conference worthy.

I am willing to bet this weeks pay that you can meet each and every one of them next week at the Townhouse when the recruiting bash is going on.

Usually there's a press conference ???????????????????

If you know for certain about a press conference anywhere in America to announce the hiring of an assistant football coach, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Usually there's a press conference ???????????????????

If you know for certain about a press conference anywhere in America to announce the hiring of an assistant football coach, let me know.
    And the great apologist chimes in.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    And the great apologist chimes in.
    Am I wrong?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Am I wrong?
    Not that I was expecting one, but when Will Muschamp left Miami to be the DC at Auburn, they did a "press conference" at the school to introduce Will to the local media and fans. One of my Auburn buddies told me about it.

I see it as an opportunity to have the local media and fans greet and meet the new guys. I think the school should host something and invite whatever media might want to attend. Is that really that unusual? I'm asking, not trying to be sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Not that I was expecting one, but when Will Muschamp left Miami to be the DC at Auburn, they did a "press conference" at the school to introduce Will to the local media and fans. One of my Auburn buddies told me about it.

I see it as an opportunity to have the local media and fans greet and meet the new guys. I think the school should host something and invite whatever media might want to attend. Is that really that unusual? I'm asking, not trying to be sarcastic.
    Actually, it IS that unusual.

And I think the reason is, that many of these coaches get right into recruiting so heavily that taking an hour or two to prepare to and go to a press conference just isn't worth the time or trouble (to them).

Most schools now hold recruiting "bashes" and that's a great chance for fans to meet the coaches up close and personal.

In my opinion that's a lot better than a press conference that most of the public can't go to anyway.

But that's just me.the apologist.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

And I think the reason is, that many of these coaches get right into recruiting so heavily that taking an hour or two to prepare to and go to a press conference just isn't worth the time or trouble (to them).

Most schools now hold recruiting "bashes" and that's a great chance for fans to meet the coaches up close and personal.

In my opinion that's a lot better than a press conference that most of the public can't go to anyway.

Logical explanation. Recruiting takes precedence. Hopefully, another attraction to the recruiting bash will be to meet and talk with the new coaches.

Not an apologist more like a smartazz. But what would we expect from you.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Logical explanation. Recruiting takes precedence. Hopefully, another attraction to the recruiting bash will be to meet and talk with the new coaches.
    Is it just me, or did the IQ level on the board suddenly drop about 20 pts?

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Is it just me, or did the IQ level on the board suddenly drop about 20 pts?

Z.
    My ears popped it dropped so fast. I whipped out my crayon so that I could respond on their level, and they were gone. The mine is a terrible thing to shaft.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My ears popped it dropped so fast. I whipped out my crayon so that I could respond on their level, and they were gone. The mine is a terrible thing to shaft.
    LOL!!!

Z.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information