Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NOLA Bowl Opponent

Default NOLA Bowl Opponent

I know at this point it's speculation with another week of football to go but what are some of the scenarios? I've hear UTEP, Tulsa and possibly even Ole Missany other possible projections anybody seen? Persona I think ole miss could be interesting.just to see how we could play against another vaunted SEC team.

Default Re: NOLA Bowl Opponent

My .02, and I believe these are the most likely

Rice
    ECU
    SMU

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    My .02, and I believe these are the most likely

Rice
    ECU
    SMU
    Think you are on the money! Would love a team like ole miss, Kentucky , etc but who knows at this point! This is fun!!!! Anyone know if the pay out has gone up to over $1,000,000?

My buddies and I were leaving the stadium when we realized that we had just been invited to a bowl by a bowl rep on our field and we still have a game left to play! How f#@!ing awesome is that!

I just had to go check smu's recordfor some reason I thought they were a terrible team haha

5. Default Re: NOLA Bowl Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I know at this point it's speculation with another week of football to go but what are some of the scenarios? I've hear UTEP, Tulsa and possibly even Ole Missany other possible projections anybody seen? Persona I think ole miss could be interesting.just to see how we could play against another vaunted SEC team.
    UTEP finished 3-9.

I think it will be Rice in New Orleans and SMU in Hawaii. But SMU in New Orleans is a possibility. However, it is also a possibility that all five eligible CUSA teams are placed elseware (Ex. Rice in Armed Forces Bowl and SMU going to Hawaii) . being that CUSA may provide a team to the Military Bowl. We probably will not know until after next weekend's games.

Brian

6. Default Re: NOLA Bowl Opponent

My buddies and I were leaving the stadium when we realized that we had just been invited to a bowl by a bowl rep on our field and we still have a game left to play! How f#@!ing awesome is that!

I just had to go check smu's recordfor some reason I thought they were a terrible team haha
    SMU has a good QB. They have really been an up and down team this season.

The good .
    - Playing TCU tight in an eight point loss. The Gilbert brothers squared off in this one . Griffin Gilbert a freshman WR for TCU and Garrett Gilbert the Jr. QB for SMU. Garrett Gilbert played QB for Texas against Alabama in the 2009 BCS National Championship game as a freshman and played very well. Their father is Gale Gilbert (the only player in the NFL to play for five consecutive Super Bowl teams).
    - Whipping Houston 72-42
    - Beating a good Tulsa team 35-27 this weekend

The bad .
    - Losing to Tulane 27-26
    - Losing to Rice 36-14 last weekend

Brian

7. UL Football Re: NOLA Bowl Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    UTEP finished 3-9.

I think it will be Rice in New Orleans and SMU in Hawaii. But SMU in New Orleans is a possibility. However, it is also a possibility that all five eligible CUSA teams are placed elseware (Ex. Rice in Armed Forces Bowl and SMU going to Hawai.)

Brian
    Driving home last night, while listening to ND vs USC, a comment was made that it looked like with the loss USC will play the Armed Forces Bowl.

8. UL Football Re: NOLA Bowl Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Think you are on the money! Would love a team like ole miss, Kentucky , etc but who knows at this point! This is fun!!!! Anyone know if the pay out has gone up to over $1,000,000?
    Huh? Kentucky not close to playing a bowl, and Ole Miss most likely to Liberty after becoming bowl eligible.

No doubt I want to play a team that is bearable, but that is expected at the New Orleans Bowl, and I do not want a team on the down turn just so I can get a win.

New Orleans Bowl is the best bowl for Louisiana right now. We are still trying to gather recruiting good will, and this bowl will give us tons more than any other we might qualify for within the talent rich state of Louisiana, and the I-10,12 corridor in particular. Gives us a positive vs TooLame, USM, ULM, LTU, and now even USA.

I really like the idea of SMU. Very beatable, somewhat of a name team, I assume they will bring more than San Diego state.

Louisiana Re: NOLA Bowl Opponent

While watching the post game invite I thought the same thing.haven't finished 2 seasons and we are getting bowl invites with a game left on the schedule.as a program we have made tremendous strides in only 2 yearscongrats to the entire staff, team, students and fansalso congrats to T-joe and Scott Farmer for making the effort to keep Hud and his staff here.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I really like the idea of SMU. Very beatable, somewhat of a name team, I assume they will bring more than San Diego state.
    Except for the top 3 every CUSA team is extremely beatable. Geez that's a bad conference.

Rice or Smu will do. As a coonass stranded for a while in the great state of Texas I'd love to put a Texas sized beat down on a Texan team from Texas, where everything is bigger and bettermade by texans for texans.

Texans REALLY like Texas.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I want SMU. We'll call it "Death Penalty Showdown". Well. maybe not.

Anybody think our attendance for the NOLA will be significantly lower this year being that our home attendance has been disappointing this season? Last night's 20,333 (which actually looked accurate) was again a lot lighter than I hoped for but I guess this what we have to expect.

Anybody think our attendance for the NOLA will be significantly lower this year being that our home attendance has been disappointing this season? Last night's 20,333 (which actually looked accurate) was again a lot lighter than I hoped for but I guess this what we have to expect.
    I think it will be higher. The way the game ended last year and with all the fun stories that we all had, I think more bandwagoners will be making the trip. People will travel to New Orleans because its a fun city and we will be playing indoors.

Here is my real life example of my opinion above. Magically right after the bowl was announced, my sister in law read the news on Facebook (Facebook is her main source of news). Now all of a sudden, she is expecting us to get her tickets, hotel rooms, etc, etc. Because of my loving relationship with her, she is on her own. But I am sure thousands of others will be making the trip just as she will.

Welcome to the bandwagon, now join the RCAF. That is all I have to say to those "fans".

.end rant.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information