Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Bid

1. Ragin' Cajuns Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Bid

With Saturday’s win over South Alabama at Cajun Field, the Ragin’ Cajuns football team locked up a winning mark for the second straight season.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Bid

"RCAF donors can purchase as many tickets as desired, but the number of priority seats will be determined by their annual fund donation as of Dec. 6, 2012."

I don't know what this means.

Simple, you got till Dec 6 to up your donations to get a higher priority. Then they start dishing tickets based on donation values, highest donor first and so on. Give lots, get 50 yard line, give little, get 10 yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    "RCAF donors can purchase as many tickets as desired, but the number of priority seats will be determined by their annual fund donation as of Dec. 6, 2012."

I don't know what this means.
    I am confused by this also. On the RCAF membership form, there are post season ticket limits associated with each donation level. for example the $250 level has a priority seat maximum of 4 tix. We dropped our order forms off on Wednesday and the ticket staff said there was no limit, then I get hiome and saw my letter and read that statement. So, if I ordered 5 tickets, will I get 4 with priority seating and 1 somewhere else? I see chaos in our near future.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    I am confused by this also. On the RCAF membership form, there are post season ticket limits associated with each donation level. for example the $250 level has a priority seat maximum of 4 tix. We dropped our order forms off on Wednesday and the ticket staff said there was no limit, then I get hiome and saw my letter and read that statement. So, if I ordered 5 tickets, will I get 4 with priority seating and 1 somewhere else? I see chaos in our near future.
    lovaque this forum is for cajun fans! I did see a few purple and urine chairs in the tailgating area, and one dude wearing purple and urine in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    Yes, you are correct. 4 will be in the priority seating area and the other will be assigned after all priority seating has been assigned. Priority seating assignments will be given out by your level of RCAF giving. There are 7 levels of membership in the RCAF. The seating assignment for that 1 extra ticket will be done after all RCAF priority seating has been done, then after all the extra non-priority seating is assigned for those with RCAF membership above the $250 level.

Another option that some may not be aware of is grouping. For instance our group has 2 members at the $1,000 level and 3 at the $500 level. The 2 at the $1,000 level will get their 16(8 each) tickets together, then our $500 members will get their 18(6 each) together.

The rest of the tickets we need will be non-priority seating. We'll get one of our $1,000 level members to get those so we get the best available seats. I guess they're doing this because of people like us. We had 54 seats together last year.
    Last edited by BeauCajun; November 25th, 2012 at 05:50 pm. Reason: forgot a word

Why in the hell would I want priority seating if it is going to split my group? So I guess my RCAF membership gives me priority on some non-priority seats somewhere, which probably equates to little or no membership benefit. This is the stuff that sends people to the bowl website for tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Why in the hell would I want priority seating if it is going to split my group? So I guess my RCAF membership gives me priority on some non-priority seats somewhere, which probably equates to little or no membership benefit. This is the stuff that sends people to the bowl website for tickets.
    Last year a few big dollar donors bought as many as 150 tickets each in prime areas, and some $1000 donors ended up with end zone seating. I would rather split groups than have that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Last year a few big dollar donors bought as many as 150 tickets each in prime areas, and some $1000 donors ended up with end zone seating. I would rather split groups than have that happen.
    Yep. I'd rather be split into two small groups with better seats than one group with bad seats.

It is only there too prohibit high rolling RCAF members from getting all the good seats and pushing others father out to bad seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Silly View Post
    lovaque this forum is for cajun fans! I did see a few purple and urine chairs in the tailgating area, and one dude wearing purple and urine in the game.
    Hey Big Silly, Lovaque is a Cajun fan you douche.

What does this have to do with anything?

I'm trying to figure this out. Complete non sequitur.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Yes, you are correct. 4 will be in the priority seating area and the other will be assigned after all priority seating has been assigned. Priority seating assignments will be given out by your level of RCAF giving. There are 7 levels of membership in the RCAF. The seating assignment for that 1 extra ticket will be done after all RCAF priority seating has been done, then after all the extra non-priority seating is assigned for those with RCAF membership above the $250 level.

Another option that some may not be aware of is grouping. For instance our group has 2 members at the $1,000 level and 3 at the $500 level. The 2 at the $1,000 level will get their 16(8 each) tickets together, then our $500 members will get their 18(6 each) together.

The rest of the tickets we need will be non-priority seating. We'll get one of our $1,000 level members to get those so we get the best available seats. I guess they're doing this because of people like us. We had 54 seats together last year.
    So a family of five who donates $250 and orders 5 tickets will get 4 in one section and one in another section. Could spell trouble. I understand the thought process, but I see a cluster waiting to happen once again.

14. UL Football Re: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Bid

Last year I was a 250 RCAF, and got 8 really good seats together. Did not lobby, did not beg, was happy to get the tickets without a call.

Ok, so at least I know the rules of the game. Thanks to those that offered some insight. One suggestion for anyone important that might be reading: Let's call the limited seats "premium" seats, not priority seats, and use the word "priority" only for the pecking order for ticket purchases.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information