Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Hotel if Mobile, AL

Default Best Hotel if Mobile, AL

If we go to New Orleans I know exactly where I will be staying since I know that town fairly well. But, if we end up in Mobile I don't have a clue where to stay. I don't even know if Mobile has an area of town that has a night life. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Best Hotel if Mobile, AL

Downtown mobile has plenty of night life, you would be surprised. It's a little ways from the stadium but I suggest staying anywhere downtown.

There's no better hotel than the Renaissance, downtown. That's where they house the players in the senior bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    There's no better hotel than the Renaissance, downtown. That's where they house the players in the senior bowl.
    If I am not mistaken, the Renaissance is where MT stayed a few years ago during their trip to Mobile. I also think that is where all the "Bowl Action" was. Festivies, parades, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the Renaissance is where MT stayed a few years ago during their trip to Mobile. I also think that is where all the "Bowl Action" was. Festivies, parades, etc.
    I think the Hotels where the teams are staying are all booked up. Dont know if it was the Renaissance or not. But I remember finding two hotels downtown that were already booked up for that weekend.

Thanks for for the replysRenaissance is now booked (w/ cancellation rights).

I wouldn't mind Mobile, last time I was there I watched a no-hitter at a BayBears - Biscuits game. Also, went eat at Felix's and visited the USS Alabama museum.

Mobile is not a bad town at all. You cant even tell its in Alabama it is so fun

The Battle House! Great location in old downtown!

I booked the Holiday Inn downtown.

Mobile is a great little city. Just don't get lost on the way there.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I booked the Holiday Inn downtown.
    Beau, you think there is a good enough chance that the Cajuns end up in mobile that you have already booked a room there?

I booked a room at the Marriott in new orleans already and have the choice to cancel if the Cajuns go to a different bowl. I just didn't know the chance of the Cajuns ending up in mobile was high enough to book a room there.

What say you?

Personally, I think we have a 60% chance of ending up in NOLA, 30% Mobile, and 10% anywhere else.

I'd make both, and cancel which ever you don't need.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Beau, you think there is a good enough chance that the Cajuns end up in mobile that you have already booked a room there?

I booked a room at the Marriott in new orleans already and have the choice to cancel if the Cajuns go to a different bowl. I just didn't know the chance of the Cajuns ending up in mobile was high enough to book a room there.

What say you?
    Hell, make your reservations everywhere.you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance. Not billed until the stay is complete

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Hell, make your reservations everywhere.you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance. Not billed until the stay is complete

Z
    Fyi, my hotel in NOLA is 72 hours in advance.
    Seeing as we will know by Dec 2, that is plenty of time to cancel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information