Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: USA@Louisiana Game Attendance Predictions

Default Re: USA@Louisiana Game Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Sure they do.

But, I have to tell you.....I personally know at least 30 season ticket holders that aren't going to be there this weekend because they have Thanksgiving plans out of town. These include RCAF members and some of the most loyal Cajun fans I know.

Guys, it's a family weekend. ONe of the biggest family weekends of the year.

Just because we don't have lives doesn't mean other people don't LOL
    My family will be at the game on Saturday...like an RCAF member should.

2. Default Re: USA@Louisiana Game Attendance Predictions

We forget how many imports (for lack of a better term) Acadiana has. The various oil booms and UL bring in residents for life.

However, many of them head home to their family roots for the whole week.

Perhaps just as many Cajuns have left Louisiana and come home for the week, but a football game is not billed as a "homecoming" event like it was for the first 50 years of UL's existence. I hav to look it up but historically over the years between 25 and 40 games were played on the Thanksgiving holiday.

That is why I would like an annual 12 noon game tomorrow (and every year) that is billed as THE "homecoming" event for out of towners.

You hold it at noon and it does not interfere with the big meals of the evening. Everyone from out of town would attend the "event"

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    My family will be at the game on Saturday...like an RCAF member should.
    This!

There are 5-6 UL Football games a year. Plan around them.

Unfortunately I am going with 16,500 - students are out of town - there needs to be some cheap ticket promo that allows you to sit on the student side only. $10 and act like a student!

My 25,889 was being more "wishful" in the time of being " thankful" during this time of thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Are the students back in town. I think that could have a huge effect
    Back? They haven't left yet, school gets out today. Saturday will be really bad.

But somehow, my tailgate group is almost double this week.

Jay might be right but I have a large group of UL/LSU fans in my crew and several have only gone to.homecoming because they go to BR for LSU home games. So my group will be roughly +7 at the game this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Jay might be right but I have a large group of UL/LSU fans in my crew and several have only gone to.homecoming because they go to BR for LSU home games. So my group will be roughly +7 at the game this weekend
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    We forget how many imports (for lack of a better term) Acadiana has. The various oil booms and UL bring in residents for life.

However, many of them head home to their family roots for the whole week.

Perhaps just as many Cajuns have left Louisiana and come home for the week, but a football game is not billed as a "homecoming" event like it was for the first 50 years of UL's existence. I hav to look it up but historically over the years between 25 and 40 games were played on the Thanksgiving holiday.

That is why I would like an annual 12 noon game tomorrow (and every year) that is billed as THE "homecoming" event for out of towners.

You hold it at noon and it does not interfere with the big meals of the evening. Everyone from out of town would attend the "event"

jmo
    Great idea Turbine... although I know my family has done Thanksgiving Lunch every year on both sides of my family for as long as I can remember and then some. I'm not so sure everyone does Thanksgiving Dinner "errr supper" so that might actually be even worse.

Who knows

While I'm afraid Jay will be right, there is no reasono for season tickets to go to waste. I am going to the game, but my tailgaiting partners are on vacation. It took me 1 hour to find takers for there tickets.

All it takes is a little effort. 20K would be respectable, I really hope we get there though I am not confident.

12. Default Re: USA@Louisiana Game Attendance Predictions

There is one thing we are not taking into consideration. USA has averaged almost 17K at their home games. This is there most drivable away game. I would not be suprised if they bring a decent (this is all relative) crowd to the game. Remember they have about 10-15 kids from the Miss/La area and they could bring family. I am not saying this will be a huge crowd, but this might be one of the biggest away crowds we have seen. I know they are 2-9, but they have a very good fan base.

I am thinking over 20K. I hope I am right.

I can't say anything about the people not coming for family reasons but other than that we need to be there giving a big thank you to #17 when they announce his name for senior. I know football is a team sport, but had a major impact on us winning our only bowl in school history. I didn't really realize it until I read the article in the paper this morning and got goose bumps imagining him maybe coming in for some snaps for his last home game of his career.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ET View Post
    Unfortunately I am going with 16,500 - students are out of town - there needs to be some cheap ticket promo that allows you to sit on the student side only. $10 and act like a student!
    or you can do like my whole crew, season tickets, boosters and still get obnoxious with the students

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information