Idaho--
    Kentucky--Joker Phillips
    UTEP--Mike Price
    WMU--Bill Cubit
    Arkansas--John L. Smith

Probables
    Auburn--Gene Chizik
    USM--Ellis Johnson

There are tons of others that will take place and some movement between current coaches and these openings. I would assume, you could look at schools like BC, Maryland, UVA, Kansas, USF, Illinois, UAB, Houston and Akron as other potential openings and many more.

just putting it out there, nothing more nothing less.

Default Re: And they start to fallCoaches that is.

WKU's Taggert to Cal.

Wouldn't surprise me.

And FYI.
    UAB is in their 1st yr under McGee. He ain't going anywhere, regardless of the Arkansas situation

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Here are the ones we know so far and the ones we expect:

For Sure:
    Jeff Tedford--Cal
    Derek Dooley--Tennessee
    Idaho--
    Kentucky--Joker Phillips
    UTEP--Mike Price
    WMU--Bill Cubit
    Arkansas--John L. Smith

Probables
    Auburn--Gene Chizik
    USM--Ellis Johnson

There are tons of others that will take place and some movement between current coaches and these openings. I would assume, you could look at schools like BC, Maryland, UVA, Kansas, USF, Illinois, UAB, Houston and Akron as other potential openings and many more.

just putting it out there, nothing more nothing less.

Illinois, UAB, Kansas and Akron have 1st year coaches who are stable. Maryland went through about 6 QB's this year due to injuries so he should be safe. Houston like Southern Miss possibly due to high expectations that weren't met.

In state FCS - Northwestern State - Peveto's contract will not be renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    In state FCS - Northwestern State - Peveto's contract will not be renewed.
    Oh no! Quick, let's renogiate Hud's contractJK

6. UL Football Re: And they start to fallCoaches that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cajun View Post
    WKU's Taggert to Cal.

Wouldn't surprise me.

And FYI.
    UAB is in their 1st yr under McGee. He ain't going anywhere, regardless of the Arkansas situation
    Ok? Taggert has done exactly what to get him that gig? I mean it, Harbaugh light? Came close to being really special, but now not so much.

Thinking Cal needs a coach who can keep up with the spread. Only Stanford has had any success with the Ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ok? Taggert has done exactly what to get him that gig? I mean it, Harbaugh light? Came close to being really special, but now not so much.

Thinking Cal needs a coach who can keep up with the spread. Only Stanford has had any success with the Ducks.
    What did Dooley do to get the Tennessee job? It's not all about what you have done. Not arguing with you because I don't think he gets that job, but it goes deeper than record.

If I'm Cal the first person I call is Chris Peterson. He might say no but what does it hurt.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Any way Mullen will be considered for Tennessee or Auburn? If so, would Hudspeth be a lock for the job at State?

Default Coaching Openings

Just mentioning this, not about HUD or anything else, just mentioning the schools that have left there current coaches go, or retirement, etc.

Auburn
    NC State
    Colorado
    Boston College
    Purdue
    Arkansas
    Kentucky
    Idaho
    Tennessee
    UTEP
    Cal
    GA State
    Westen Michigan

At least 13 openings right now, with others to be named, I am sure. The word is that USM and possibly SMU could be looking as well. Both suprise me a little, USM because he is a first year coach in a 3 year contract, buyout won't be cheap and SMU due to the somewhat success of June Jones, but according to their fan forums Jones will not be back, either by choice or by someone else's choice.

It appears, unless someone from the SBC is plucked to fill some of these positions that the SBC's coaching group will stay in tact for the 2013 season. I think Taggert had been on a few teams list recently, but I dont see him going anywhere this year, Berry needs to improve before any shot of that happening. I do see Malzahn being a name that gets some looks and I dont see Stockstill going anywhere after 1 good season and signing an extension and a raise. I think Hud and Malzahn will get some looks, I dont see Hud going anywhere this year, but Malzahn could be in Auburn, Arkansas or even Tennessee, if Gruden does not go.
    What a huge hit to stAte if this happens. Losing 2 coaches in 2 years to the SEC would be hard to swallow. I know we have a lot of talk on this board about whether or not coach Hud leaves what do we do. I wander what is going on over there? I have not been on there forums, but if anyone has let me know.

I think next year, if Berry, Hud, Malzahn, Taggert and/or Stockstill have another 7-5 or better seasons we could seet the SBC in a state of turmoil in the coaching ranks.

Just my opinion.

Default Re: Coaching Openings

Don't underestimate Stockstill, who has had more than just one good year. He took MTSU to a bowl game in his first season in 2006 and back-to-back bowls in 2009 and '10 before a down year last season. He also turned down Memphis a few years ago to stay in Murfreesboro and got a nice raise. He played QB at Florida State and has strong Florida ties, so keep an eye out on any openings in that state (USF?).

My opinion: Someone leaves the Sun Belt this year for a "bigger" job. Not sure who (think the best odds would be Malzahn), but I think it happens for the second straight year.

Openings ? I thought Gruden would take control of all 13 by himself Dad gummit

12. UL Football Re: Coaching Openings

It would take the combined salaries of all the other 12 to get Gruden to the Vols.

So much hope at Rocky Top, great past and probably right now more than a few good players. They need a coach that can get more players, and win games they should. Part of the problem at Tennessee was the head coach, the prior head coach, and limited talent in the state.

They are not likely to become a power in the SEC East for a few years. The top 3 right now and for the near future are USC, UGA, and UF.

This is not based on my disdain for all things monrovian, but I don't see Berry getting a new gig based on one years success especially since it was pretty obvious that ther success was asked solely on Browning. Without Browning they were not the same team (although hey were not horrendous). Fortunately for Berry he has Browning for another year. The big story will be what Berry and the Hoax do post-Browning. Of course, stranger things have happened, witness Dereck Dooley. If an offer does comes his way he better jump ship while he can.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

How big of a program would it take to lure Hudspeth away from UL? Would he leave for anything short of an AQ conference gig? Though UL pays Hudspeth much more than we paid our head coaches before him, UL is still way down the list when you look at what head coaches are paid around the country.

Auburn and UT will be tough sells for any coach. UT was just handed 2 more years of probation and Auburn is under investigation.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information