Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High School Football Recruiting

UL Football Football Recruiting

How many scholarships does Bustle have left to hand out and who do you think gets them?

2. UL Football HS Recruits

ISU, thanks for starting a new thread. You the man.

QB-2 spots; Targets-Devin Williams, Damion Carter, Jefferies Tattford, Dwane Banister, Connor Morrel
    Possibly 1 JUCO guy depending on who you sign from above. Time's on your side because you can wait until May to see how Babb develops and how Rekieta's elbow progresses. We won't know until the summer.

RB-1 spot; Targets-Tasmin Knockum, Adule Levier

WR-2 spots; Targets-Chijuan Mack, Johnathan Holland, Derrick Jones, some Houston kids might be re-evaluated

OL-0 high school spots, 1 JUCO tackle needed; Leger, Chance, Clark, & Cox are committed. Chance and Cox will be here in January along with Fane (JUCO) and Glover (left school in Fall, is re-enrolling). We need a May JUCO tackle. Targets-California JUCO kids
    If something falls through with our current commitments look for James Jordan, Chris Pope, Josh Muse, or Steven Botts to take their place.

DL-2 spots; Targets-Chris Cutler, Ryan McBean
    Possible 1-2 JUCO players as well.

LB-0 spots; Lancaster, and Risher committed, Joe Scott (JUCO), Brupbacher and Calais getting their year back and 3 returning players (Charles, Randall, Stanley Smith) means we're solid.

DB-1 or 2 High school spots; Targets-Coxeff (committed to Okla State, but wavering), Lamar Morgan, Willie Waddell, Jarret Jones, Daryl Johnson, Brian Nelson, Torres Kingsby. JUCO kids Spann and Thomas are secure, and 2 other JUCO players need and will be signed for MAY.

Props-3-4 spots; Targets-Paul Eli, Ally Broussard, Anthony Holmes, Jordan Jackson

UL Football

Good post Ragoo,don't forget about Green from Bastrop at LB.When you are talking about LB depth,don't forget about Fair&Brown.So you are right,good depth in that position.There are alot of Texas kids on that list,do they think McBean will add weight to play the inside or they recruitng him at DE?I know coach Broussard at McNeese is recruiting James Jordan hard.I do know Tech&S.Miss are high on Muse,I guess we will find out something in he next few weeks.

4. UL Football DL

We'll have McCray who is a DE. Risher could also end up at DE. Guidry and McBean will probably end up being DTs. Ferguson is definitely a DT.

If any high school OL gets offered, I think it will be James Jordan. I think we will be OK, even if we don't sign anymore high school OL. We really need a JUCO tackle though.

I forgot about Green, thanks for reminding me. Fair, Brown (if he makes it through Spring), and Tyler Norman help out alot too. I think a lot of Cajun fans will really enjoy Tyler Norman. He plays Whip linebacker. He and Fair were Scout Team Player of the Week throughout the season. They would just get cranked up and take it to our offense at times, especially during blitz situations.

UL Football Thanks guys

How good would you say the chances are for landing Jefferies Tattford or Devin Williams? I know Kansas State is going after Williams and Missouri is trying to get back in on him now that he's qualified.

Thanks for the great information, it's pretty hard to come by Cajun recruiting info up here in Iowa.

UL Football What about Ally(sp?) Broussard.

.the running back from Acadiana? I heard that he will probably be a non-qualifier at lsuambr and that he does NOT want to go JUCO. Any chance Bustle could get him in here next Fall, help him to get his grades up for his first year, and then still have him for at least 3 seasons after that?? Just wondering.

UL Football

ZemsGems is reporting this morning that Holland has committed to La Tech.

Originally posted by icbaril
    ZemsGems is reporting this morning that Holland has committed to La Tech.
    Wood shoes work better in the swamp.

UL Football

Zem is reporting what he read out of the Advocate.If William wrote the article,you can bet it's acurate.

A side note to recruiting,DB Ricky Coxeff is nowhere to be found on OSU commitments and judging from the commitments they have,UL has a good shot.DB Lamar Morgan is a Georgia Tech lean and Daryl Johnson is a Miami lean.Looks like the Cajuns still have some work to be done.

Well it is good to hear that the Secondary sounds like it is going to be very athletic because it seems like all of the guys are capable of playing 2 or 3 differnt positions. This is going to be a big factor for the UL defense. I really hope that the JUCO corners can come in and help right away so that Fenton and Felders can keep maturing into good corners. I would not expect to see either of them move to a safety or rover position because they lack alot of physical presence which these positions call for. Does anyone know anything about JVC getting caught cheatingon an Exam, from what I have heard this is suppose to be true.

UL Football

Landor to Southern Miss

12. UL Football Fenton and Felders

Originally posted by USLfan88
    Well it is good to hear that the Secondary sounds like it is going to be very athletic because it seems like all of the guys are capable of playing 2 or 3 differnt positions. This is going to be a big factor for the UL defense. I really hope that the JUCO corners can come in and help right away so that Fenton and Felders can keep maturing into good corners. I would not expect to see either of them move to a safety or rover position because they lack alot of physical presence which these positions call for. Does anyone know anything about JVC getting caught cheatingon an Exam, from what I have heard this is suppose to be true.
    Fenton and Felders are both bigger than Jamal Smith, our starter this year at Rover. Our defense relies on speed, not size. Fenton was signed as a Free Safety, but had to play corner. Felders was a high school QB who had never played DB, but was signed to play Rover or Free Safety. Both guys had to move to corner to provide depth. Originally, one or both of them was to be redshirted, but Jerell Carter's injury forced them to both have to play at corner. There's not a rover on our depth chart that's over 5'9". At Free Safety, Prater and Lamy also are not over 5'10". If both of them are 5'10", I'd be shocked. Fenton and Felders are both better suited to play Rover or Free Safety. We'd be a lot better on defense if they could play there instead of corner. The fact that they're at corner shows that we lack depth at that position. How do you wind up in a situation where you have to play 2 true freshmen corners behind 2 seniors? Baldwin did a poor job recruiting, that's how.

I uderstand that our defense is built around speed. The one thing you need to keep in mind is that Jamal Smith may be 5'9 but he is bigger than Fenton and Feilders, and he made plays all season long. For one of these guys to take his position would be a miracle. Fenton and Felders are both 4.6 - 4.7 guys just like Jamal Smith. These guys are too young and not developed enough to be starters and I think that the coaches will feel the same way. As far as safety goes Lamy is 5' 10 and Prater is 5'11- 6'0 and both of those guys run 4.4's. Height isnt the question look at alot of the safetys in the leauge like Dawkins for example 5'10 200lbs.

UL Football

Good post Ragoo and I agree with your opinion on Felders and Fenton.Both have good size and speed and could easily carry 200 lbs. at safety.Let me just add that Lamy is a great kid and hard worker,but he is not a Div.1 talent.While he plays hard he lacks the recovery speed to play safety.When he does make a mistake,it cost the Cajuns several TD's last year.One specific instance was in the MTSU game.He took a bad angle on one of their WR's and he scored.On another play,he had deep coverage on the strongside and the WR got behind him.I watched Simon in practice last fall and he will come up and hit you,but he only weighed about 175 lbs and he lacks good speed as well at safety.Smith and Sanders could move to safety,but you are correct,neither are over 5-9.If Carter recovers and Murchenson is eligible along with JC's and highschool signiees,there will be enough talent at CB to move the two to safety.

I know Felders played QB in high school but did'nt he play DB also? It is not unusual for a kid to play both ways at that level.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information