Thread: Colonels Down Cajuns, 71-62

1. Ragin' Cajuns Colonels Down Cajuns, 71-62

Four different Ragin’ Cajuns turned in double-digit efforts, but it was not enough as Louisiana dropped a 71-62 decision to Nicholls State Monday night in Thibodaux. With the loss, Louisiana, which was out to its best start since 2004, falls to 2-2 on the year.

2. Default Re: Colonels Down Cajuns, 71-62

OH NO---Thought we were better----I really don't know what to think---the Nicholls coach was my daughter's coach at Loyola and I love her dearly----Was recommended for the job before the guy that Hall took the place of---Had a program at Loyola that didn't have schollys at first and brought them to the national tournament with wins over SEastern McNeese and almost Lamar--I begged David Walker to check her out before Errol got the job----She took over at Nicholls and she said it was harder to win one game there than playing for the National championship at Loyola----Anyway I think that with one half if that long of a recruiting year Gary will make this thing happen and I will damn sure be at the girl's games!!! But Doobie you did what you do best---WIN!!!!

Default Re: Colonels Down Cajuns, 71-62

We don't have enough talent on the team at this time to win consistently.especially on the road. We have a couple of good shooters.and will play as hard as anyone out there. But TALENT is what translates into wins.and we are lacking there at the moment. I'm confident, though, that Coach will get what he needs to turn the program around.

Boomer, come down off the ledge. I told you after the Shreveport game that we are much better coached than we have been lately, but that we still are not a very good basketball team. Brodhead's girls will win the games they are supposed to, and maybe steal one or two others, but we will only be favored in 3-4 more games this year.

Replace "Shreveport" with "Boise" and "Brodhead's girls" with "Martin's boys" and you pretty much describe the state of the men's team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Boomer, come down off the ledge. I told you after the Shreveport game that we are much better coached than we have been lately, but that we still are not a very good basketball team. Brodhead's girls will win the games they are supposed to, and maybe steal one or two others, but we will only be favored in 3-4 more games this year.

6. UL Basketball Re: Colonels Down Cajuns, 71-62

How is the old saying, pick a good big man over a good little man. Right now we have a young, undersized team.

They will have a really hard time playing against talented larger players. Lack of maturity, and experience, and size.

We will be judging this coaching staff in 2015-16 to see where he is headed.

Why would anyone be surprised with the results so far?

Thread Information