Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My solution to the housing crunch

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: My solution to the housing crunch

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII
    I am also curious to see how the Apartments on Bertrand Drive succeed (or fail) catering to students. I read that they have a leasing office set up in Follet's Bookstore.
    I live in the neighborhood behind those apartments and am curious as well. Hopefully this does not increase the amount of cut through traffic we get. Speed "humps" were put in to limit this about a year ago.

Default Re: My solution to the housing crunch

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    That little subdivision north of Rex between Lewis and St. Mary is prime real estate, too. It is a nice quiet enclave that most people overlook. It would've been nice if the university had started about 30 years ago quietly buying properties as they became available. I believe some of the profs live there.
    Actually I know UL owns at least one of those houses, probably more.

3. Default Re: My solution to the housing crunch

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    That little subdivision north of Rex between Lewis and St. Mary is prime real estate, too. It is a nice quiet enclave that most people overlook. It would've been nice if the university had started about 30 years ago quietly buying properties as they became available. I believe some of the profs live there.
    It would be way too expensive to buy out those houses, and it would be a shame. That's a very nice area. If you're going to tear down houses, do it elsewhere.

I like the idea of the higher density apartments, like in River Ranch. Building Legacy Park style is a waste of space. In that same footprint they could fit twice to three times as many students.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information