Thread: A true blackout

1. Default A true blackout

Quarterback Terrance Broadway said UL Ragin' Cajun players lobbied coach Mark Hudspeth over and over all season, but they had no idea they were coming.

All-black uniforms, that is.

Default Re: A true blackout

"Sorry, this article is no longer available."

I don't think this has anything to do with the subscription thing, as I clear my browsing data every week. Last week there was an article that was showing unavailable literally 12 hours after it was posted. What's the deal?

It's the Sadvertiser, a Gannett rag. What do you expect, a real newspaper?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    "Sorry, this article is no longer available."

I don't think this has anything to do with the subscription thing, as I clear my browsing data every week. Last week there was an article that was showing unavailable literally 12 hours after it was posted. What's the deal?
    Guys all of these articles are available at www.athleticnetwork.net

screw the advertiser, I read all of these daily through our athleticnetwork webpage.

5. Default Re: A true blackout

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

screw the advertiser, I read all of these daily through our athleticnetwork webpage.
    I don't copy the whole article because it is illegal.

They can shut down entire websites over this practice.

The Advertiser is retarded because they are stealing from their web sponsors.

Google scans the web and sends the Advertiser traffic from all over the world. The Advertiser kills the page or renames it and the potential reader gives up. Anyone who advertised with the paper online loses their money.

Now the Advertiser will say we are subscription based so this doesn't matter anymore. But the truth is they are killing rereads and their paid subscribers blocked from bookmarking their favorite stories.

Terrible terrible business model . . . if you ask me.

From the article:

Terry Johnson (undisclosed) returned after missing UL's win one week earlier at Florida.
    I didn't know we beat Florida! What a pleasant surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Found it! Thanks Dave.

A little more attention for the black out.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/11/19/.-uni-watch-94/

For those who do not think it has an effect on the players need to look no further than Broadway's comments.

"Quarterback Terrance Broadway said UL Ragin' Cajun players lobbied coach Mark Hudspeth over and over all season, but they had no idea they were coming.
    All-black uniforms, that is.
    "We were always, like, 'Coach, we need the black uniforms; we need the black uniforms,' " Broadway said. "But it never came through."
    Actually, they did — and they actually arrived last Aug. 1, unbeknownst to the Cajuns."

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    From the article:

I didn't know we beat Florida! What a pleasant surprise!
    So you missed it too!

Thread Information