Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Bowl Eligible, Ticket Reservations Underway

Default Re: Ticket sales to date

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    And that would have to be our best historical data!

18 22
    - = - X = 51.333 or 51,333 peeps
    42 X

Mathmatically Speaking

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I'm not an RCAF member yet, key word "yet". But to say I have no skin in the game is BS. I paid full tuition for 5 years at UL and graduated in 2010. I may not be an RCAF member yet, but my wife and I are both alumni of UL. I'm the youngest of 6 kids and every single one of us graduated from UL (one of which played Cajun baseball) as well as one of my parents being an alum.

So I think it's BS to call anyone that isn't an RCAF member "loosely connected" because I'm connected to this University at the hip.

Now to be quite honest, until the other day, I didn't realize you could join the RCAF with an easy monthly donation that changes things a bit and I have already decided that I will be joining in January. So don't be so quick to judge people that aren't RCAF members. you have to remember that this thing was only started a few years ago and really it's still in its infancy. One thing the RCAF should focus on is marketing their donation options better. For instance, when I graduated I recieved a big ole packet of information about how to join the Alumni Association (which I did by the way), but nothing, nada, zip, about donating to RCAF. This needs to be addressed, and for all I know, maybe it has been since 2010. hopefully.

rant off.

Somebody make it be Friday already. NOLA can't get here soon enough.
    Come on RC10. I think people who fall into "very recent graduate" and many other similar categories are not who we are talking about here. You have your sights on joining RCAF. You are making that connection. And, there are avenues that qualify for close association with UL athletics that do not involve joining RCAF. But, those associations do not include 96% of the alumni. If those people claim to be concerned about the welfare of UL athletics, but do not join RCAF, I believe their connection is loose at best.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    18 22
    - = - X = 51.333 or 51,333 peeps
    42 X

Mathmatically Speaking
    That factor isn't a bad guess. I think ECU probably at least fits that ratio over SDSU.

All true.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I consider a bandwagon fan someone that just jumps on the ride when times are good, but jumps back off if the ride isn't so good. Budgets don't really come into that person's ideals. The people that I was talking about aren't ever on the bandwagon. They are snobs. They are not UL fans and probably won't ever be.

I didn't "intend" to insult anyone but the snobs. I consider fanship to be a large number of concentric circles. Some are up close and in the mix no matter what. Some are way out in the last circle and are very difficult to predict when they may or may not become engaged. A bandwagon fan traverses those circles as good and bad times dictate.

"Loosely connected" is not an insult. And people can have good reasons for being loosely connected. I consider not being an RCAF member as a loose arrangement with UL. They call RCAF members "stakeholders". It's just about like anything else in life. Those that have some skin in the game are taken seriously. People that have no skin in the game, are not taken seriously.

I am not antagonistic about RCAF. But, I'm not one of the members of RCAF that feels like begging certain people to join. I wanted RCAF before RCAF was created. I joined immediately. I see the value in it. Not because of something I have that others don't. I see it because I'm an alumni. I see it like this. I have teeth. they are my teeth. I don't have to have someone keep telling me to brush my own teeth. I brush "my teeth" because I saw value in it a long time ago. I shouldn't have to explain to a UL alumni why they should be a member of RCAF. But, those that aren't. yet give their opinion on how UL runs their business. their opinions don't count. yet. If they truly can't afford $100 a year. I'd say they are also not in a position to be posting on here. They need to go make some money.
    Don't you think having a degree from UL makes you a stake holder? I would think so. They spent more money on UL than most RCAF members. I became a member this year because I could afford it and we finally have a good product on the field. I will probably never be a season ticket holder because I can't make many games and I don't have the disposable income to just throw away like that. If I can afford it I will renew my membership and maybe even bump it up.

I don't like how some on here drive fans away and try to define what makes someone a Cajun fan. I welcome all new fans. Their money is just as green as those that suffered through the final years of Stokley, Baldwin and Busted.

I don't like how some on here drive fans away and try to define what makes someone a Cajun fan. I welcome all new fans. Their money is just as green as those that suffered through the final years of Stokley, Baldwin and Busted.

THIS

7. UL Football Re: Ticket sales to date

RC10 remember the goal, you, and one friend or relative every year. Him and a friend or relative every year or month. If everyone joins at the minimum level who knows how far this could go.

For some who see no value in RCAF membership because of distance they do not but tickets. Join at the minimum level on a monthly basis, receive tax breaks and move your school's athletics forward. If you are one who does not care about football, or sports join the foundation with exactly the same process and move the academics of YOUR college forward enhancing YOUR degree.

If every one of our 80K plus alumni gave only a minimum of $100.00 every year, that would be $8,000,000.00 going into the foundation or RCAF. Split them evenly and you enhance the foundation and the RCAF by four million a year.

In the end the only people limiting the advancement of UL are itself, and alumni.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post

THIS
    Amen!!!

Years ago I attended the spring games, fall practices, traveled to hell hole gyms across the Southland Conference and yes, gave USL/UL my hard earned money. Some people are blessed to continue this lifestyle for decades. Most do not. Many things come into a fan's life.money, work, relocation, children and health to name a few things that change priorities. Nobody needs to get disjointed because someone is perceived as a non-RCAF member, or a band wagon jumper. There was a time Cajun field was an empty tomb and people waited for basketball season to come ASAP. Don't let winning go to anyone's head, it is all a cycle. It is just our turn.finally. Enjoy the moment. Just remember, pride preceeds the fall.
    Last edited by ZoomZoom; December 17th, 2012 at 09:17 pm. Reason: sp

As I recall the UL ticket office closed sales for the New Olreans bowl at 6pm tonight.anybody know the final final head count?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    To answer your first question. No, getting your degree in return for what you paid does not make you a stakeholder of UL athletics. I know plenty of people with degrees from UL that could care less about athletics. The subject was about people complaining about getting bowl tickets. I'm saying that complaining about the system, without being a member of RCAF, is falling on deaf ears. "That" isn't chasing off prospective fans.

Deciding to be a fan, unless your nuts haven't dropped yet, should have nothing to do with this topic. I'm not driving fans away. I am not "UL". But, I do have to say that I'd like a lot less men being big _______ all of the time. If any of you think you're man enough to keep me from being a fan, bring it on. Good luck. I'll talk sweet to the ladies that want to join the system. If you've got a pair of balls, you'll just have to keep checking the mail. You'll get no invite from me. You like Cajun athletics, prove it.

Oh, but I welcome all "fans". And if you knew me, you'd know that to be a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Amen!!!

Years ago I attended the spring games, fall practices, traveled to hell hole gyms across the Southland Conference and yes, gave USL/UL my hard earned money. Some people are blessed to continue this lifestyle for decades. Most do not. Many things come into a fan's life.money, work, relocation, children and health to name a few things that change priorities. Nobody needs to get disjointed because someone is perceived as a non-RCAF member, or a band wagon jumper. There was a time Cajun field was an empty tomb and people waited for basketball season to come ASAP. Don't let winning go to anyone's head, it is all a cycle. It is just our turn.finally. Enjoy the moment. Just remember, pride preceeds the fall.
    This is nothing new. There's a small group on here that use to be on Delphi board that engaged in the insane activity of trying to put down and classify Cajun fans according to their own definitions. They have literally been doing this for decades. Most of them have grownup and seen the error of their ways. Apparently a few have not. Don't let them get to you. I hope to see all die hard, super fans, bandwagon fans and the mildly curious fans Saturday morning in the Dome!

To answer your first question. No, getting your degree in return for what you paid does not make you a stakeholder of UL athletics. I know plenty of people with degrees from UL that could care less about athletics. The subject was about people complaining about getting bowl tickets. I'm saying that complaining about the system, without being a member of RCAF, is falling on deaf ears. "That" isn't chasing off prospective fans.

Deciding to be a fan, unless your nuts haven't dropped yet, should have nothing to do with this topic. I'm not driving fans away. I am not "UL". But, I do have to say that I'd like a lot less men being big _______ all of the time. If any of you think you're man enough to keep me from being a fan, bring it on. Good luck. I'll talk sweet to the ladies that want to join the system. If you've got a pair of balls, you'll just have to keep checking the mail. You'll get no invite from me. You like Cajun athletics, prove it.

Oh, but I welcome all "fans". And if you knew me, you'd know that to be a fact.
    These alumni are attending games and posting to a fan board. I would say they are fans of UL athletics. You may not. That is your opinion. Your ugly and insulting posts turns people off thus driving people away. I would say that is counterproductive to a program trying to grow its fan base. I don't believe I have ever meet you. I will be at the RCAF party in the Dome before kickoff. Many RCAF members know me. Come up and say hello. I find people are a lot nicer in person and more rational in their discussions when they talk face to face.

This is nothing new. There's a small group on here that use to be on Delphi board that engaged in the insane activity of trying to put down and classify Cajun fans according to their own definitions. They have literally been doing this for decades. Most of them have grownup and seen the error of their ways. Apparently a few have not. Don't let them get to you. I hope to see all die hard, super fans, bandwagon fans and the mildly curious fans Saturday morning in the Dome!
    RC90, you personally had issues with the people you've continually put down on here, from the old Delphi board. I was never ever a member of the Delphi board. Please get off that BS. It has nothing to do with this. The same people you are talking about have been outstanding supporters of UL athletics. They are some of the best welcoming committees of new fans (all kinds). They are ambassadors of our university when it comes to new fans and even our guest opponents. They get a little tired of people that get on here, are outright admitting they don't support the program (don't attend games, don't volunteer their time, don't give financial support) yet believe their opinion is gold.

That is all that you've seen. As for tenderhearted men that have an opinion, but can't take criticism of that opinion, I've got no use for them. But, if they show up in red, I'm all for hooting and hollering with them. What more can they expect?

These alumni are attending games and posting to a fan board. I would say they are fans of UL athletics. You may not. That is your opinion. Your ugly and insulting posts turns people off thus driving people away. I would say that is counterproductive to a program trying to grow its fan base. I don't believe I have ever meet you. I will be at the RCAF party in the Dome before kickoff. Many RCAF members know me. Come up and say hello. I find people are a lot nicer in person and more rational in their discussions when they talk face to face.
    Who did I say was or wasn't a fan? I will be at the RCAF party as well. I'll definitely introduce myself. Oh, and it's not possible to be nicer and more rational than I am on here. but I'll try.

But, if they show up in red, I'm all for hooting and hollering with them.
    Well that is something we both agree on.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information