Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cajuns Welcome LSU-Shreveport to Earl K. Long Gym Monday

Default Re: Cajuns Welcome LSU-Shreveport to Earl K. Long Gym Monday

83-42 Cajuns Final.

Well done coach, staff, and players. Starting the season 2 and 0 is a major improvement.

3. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Cajuns Welcome LSU-Shreveport to Earl K. Long Gym Monday

Not only that, but this LSUA team beat them last year, and this year our team blew them away.

I am out of town fan. but the internet feed was great. Eighty bucks and I get all the volleyball games, women games, mens games I cannot attend, football I cannot attend, and baseball, softball. Great value to keep up with my teams.

CajunExpress, what impressed you about the team that you saw on the internet feed tonight? I bet few are now wondering if Scott Farmer made the right decision when he hired Garry Brodhead. I recall some people questioning the decision at the time it was made. Time will be needed to see if it was a good decision but so far it is hard to argue with anything Garry has done. I am out of town this week and had a business dinner which prevented me from watching but that score is impressive.

I enjoyed being there tonight for the start of the Brodhead era. And i got to sit with 50 or so football players.the men's basketball team.as well as Coach Marlin. That was fun.

Btw.sat in front of Gauthier. He said he is."dressing out this weekend."

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    New attendance record for EKL.
    Modern day record.

Great crowd and the team hustles, they will be fun to watch. I can't wait to see them again. Congrats and Geaux Cajuns!!!

9. UL Basketball Re: Cajuns Welcome LSU-Shreveport to Earl K. Long Gym Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    CajunExpress, what impressed you about the team that you saw on the internet feed tonight? I bet few are now wondering if Scott Farmer made the right decision when he hired Garry Brodhead. I recall some people questioning the decision at the time it was made. Time will be needed to see if it was a good decision but so far it is hard to argue with anything Garry has done. I am out of town this week and had a business dinner which prevented me from watching but that score is impressive.
    What I saw Mike, was a team that reminded me of the Bo Lamar teams for about ten minutes in the first half. The Cajuns simply overwhelmed the NAIA team as they should. Heavy press, good decisions, teamwork, smart decisions, and good shooting. Our team lost to this team last year, lets not forget this team is younger and better.This is an effort I am still waiting for from the men.

The men have taken a big step as well. Both teams seem to be good young, not the we are young you hear coaches moan about. They will suffer from youth, but will also play with no fear.

Let us not forget these same women barely beat a SWAC team just a few nights ago, they still have a big future but there will be plenty of growing pains.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Welcome LSU-Shreveport to Earl K. Long Gym Monday

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What I saw Mike, was a team that reminded me of the Bo Lamar teams for about ten minutes in the first half. The Cajuns simply overwhelmed the NAIA team as they should. Heavy press, good decisions, teamwork, smart decisions, and good shooting. Our team lost to this team last year, lets not forget this team is younger and better.This is an effort I am still waiting for from the men.

The men have taken a big step as well. Both teams seem to be good young, not the we are young you hear coaches moan about. They will suffer from youth, but will also play with no fear.

Let us not forget these same women barely beat a SWAC team just a few nights ago, they still have a big future but there will be plenty of growing pains.
    Our schedule is built for success, not for RPI building, but for wins. Of course Rogers did the same thing, but failed to beat all the weak teams he scheduled. I would expect that if the women continue to win, we will see [over the next few seasons] a gradual improvement in both the level of competition we play and in the quality of player we recruit.

We will get a pretty good idea how much better we are in a couple of weeks when we play Middle Tennessee at our house. They are a legitimate top 50 program.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information