Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What to expect from UL?

Default What to expect from UL?

Heard you guys have a pretty bad pass defense but that is about it. And that works out for you because our pass offense is horrible. Just wondering what to expect from your team.

From us:

Offensively- Not sure what to expect because there is major pressure on the coaching staff to try to get a passing game going before our game vs. FSU to end the regular season. Ordinarily I'd say we'll run 70% of the time and maybe break a couple big ones in the 2nd half. But it might look much differently on Saturday. You guys are the guinea pigs which might be a disaster for us if it goes poorly. But maybe our coaches are too stubborn to change.

Defensively- We're elite defensively. In our last 6 SEC games we've given up 5 TD's and 2 of those were our offense turning it over the and the other team only having to go 20 and 27 yards. So really 3 TD's in 6 games. Our pass defense can be suspect at times. Not in terms of we give up big plays but if we're beat we'll hold/interfere all day long. So sometimes we get a ton of penalites in a row. Our rushing defense doesn't really have any weaknesses but Missouri had more success than most with their spread offense so if you guys run that you might be able to run more.

Default Re: What to expect from UL?

The Louisiana offense will be better than those of Kentucky, LSU, Vandy or Missouri. Look for 450 yards total offense -fairly balanced between run and pass.

Be prepared for a shoot out. Florida will need to score more than 35 points to win. The Ragin Cajuns will also score on a "pick 6" or two.

Yeah, I dont know about all that. If we score 34 points against that defense, I'd be ecstatic. Our offense will have to show they can do it two weeks in a row since they hadnt played that well in a few weeks.

The Cajun offense has played 1 complete game all year and it was the last one. Is that a blip or a trend? Personally I hope the Gators do try to throw it a bunch as I think they could run it all day if they really want to. And getting them out of their game is our only hope.
    I disagree with most of 1300's rosy assessment but I hope he is proved correct!

Quote Originally Posted by gogators73 View Post
    Heard you guys have a pretty bad pass defense but that is about it. And that works out for you because our pass offense is horrible. Just wondering what to expect from your team.

From us:

Offensively- Not sure what to expect because there is major pressure on the coaching staff to try to get a passing game going before our game vs. FSU to end the regular season. Ordinarily I'd say we'll run 70% of the time and maybe break a couple big ones in the 2nd half. But it might look much differently on Saturday. You guys are the guinea pigs which might be a disaster for us if it goes poorly. But maybe our coaches are too stubborn to change.

Defensively- We're elite defensively. In our last 6 SEC games we've given up 5 TD's and 2 of those were our offense turning it over the and the other team only having to go 20 and 27 yards. So really 3 TD's in 6 games. Our pass defense can be suspect at times. Not in terms of we give up big plays but if we're beat we'll hold/interfere all day long. So sometimes we get a ton of penalites in a row. Our rushing defense doesn't really have any weaknesses but Missouri had more success than most with their spread offense so if you guys run that you might be able to run more.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    The Louisiana offense will be better than those of Kentucky, LSU, Vandy or Missouri. Look for 450 yards total offense -fairly balanced between run and pass.

Be prepared for a shoot out. Florida will need to score more than 35 points to win. The Ragin Cajuns will also score on a "pick 6" or two.
    our offense is not better than Missouri in my opinion
    although we do run a spread system similar to missouri

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Is this a "no spin zone"?? lol

We haven't played a defense as good as Florida, and we just had our best (and only) complete offensive performance last week.

If you look at what happened to us at Oklahoma State, you would see why most of us are a little gun shy on predicting a competitive contest against a top tier BCS school. We got run over and passed over, and we couldn't move the ball. It was a bloodletting!

Florida seems to have the opposite team as OSU (great defense, so-so offense). This means that the game could have a different dynamic (closer game for longer). Obviously if UL goes in and wins at Florida it would be the greatest win in our school's history.

So in summary: It could get ugly, but hopefully not early.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    Florida seems to have the opposite team as OSU (great defense, so-so offense). This means that the game could have a different dynamic (closer game for longer). Obviously if UL goes in and wins at Florida it would be the greatest win in our school's history.

So in summary: It could get ugly, but hopefully not early.
    I agree with this. It should help that Florida isnt a spread passing attack. We need to show we can do something on National TV. 0-3 so far this year.

8. UL Football Re: What to expect from UL?

Our offense will not score a lot against your great defense. Period. Our defense will not stop your running game so you do not need to worry about the pass. Period. Our field goal kicker is outstanding but will probably not see the ball inside the Florida forty yard line too often so that pretty much sums all three elements of the game.

Florida 55 UL 10.

I hope you're right but realistically, i think this is way off target. What the gators can expect is a balanced offense fomeom UL that will probably struggle to get first downs. But tge gators D must come to play and not sleepwalk through the game because the cajuns CAN score points. From the D, i understand the presdure to get the passing game going but if you want to beat the cajuns down, just run it. I think throwing the ball all over the place opens the door for the cajuns to get turnovers and rest the D. JMO

I'm barely able to get off the ground laughing but 450 yards? Sorry man, I just don't see it nor do I see a shootout.

450 yards??
    35 points??
    you do realize we only managed 23 points and 370 yards against north Texas

Floridas defense is a million times better than north Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    450 yards??
    35 points??
    you do realize we only managed 23 points and 370 yards against north Texas

Floridas defense is a million times better than north Texas

I would hope the guy wasn't being serious. Do we even have a pick-six yet this year?

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I would hope the guy wasn't being serious. Do we even have a pick-six yet this year?
    Yes justin hamilton brought one back.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yes justin hamilton brought one back.
    I would love to see big juicy get a pick six

it was Justin Anderson who got a pick size

Quote Originally Posted by gogators73 View Post

From us:

Honestly, you guys should beat the crap out of us. I hope I'm wrong, but this game will be tough. Your defense against our offense scares the hell out of me. I just hope Broadway makes it out of Gainesville without an injury. Yes our defense is pretty good but if our offense cant do much then that wont show because they will in turn be on the field all game and get burned. I think we will keep it close for a little while though. Hopefully our coaches have as good of a game plan as they did last week.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information