ASU 62
    Cajuns 72
    Tulane114

Default Re: Rankings

Yawn

3. Default Re: Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Yawn
    --FACTS used by recruiters to help their efforts---Facts----You sleep on the job you lose a recruit---you lose recruits you get your ___ beat---FACTS!!!

Guys, do you think Boomer ever recruited? I wish he'd tell us.

I wish he would give us the cipher to unlock his language. Lol.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Where did those rankings come from anyway?

7. Default Re: Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Where did those rankings come from anyway?
    --Rankings come from the Massey composite site with an average of over 50 polls----pretty damn good indication and quite fair as to where teams are stacked up by different participants-----The reference to sleeping goes to Crawfish and his yawn-----The facts reference is made to point out the logical sequence of how a recruiter would explain a positive/negative ranking to a recruit---If you think that UL's being ranked dead last wasn't used as a negative against us well you aren't all there----Yea I actually was recruited and did recruit (so there you go raginsaints) -----I also, after recruiting for the University, was in sales for over 35 years----recruiting is nothing more than the selling of a product or a service----There are tons of variables that go into the process such as first impressions, who decides the final outcome, various hot buttons (uniforms, TV appearances, academic standards, fan support, help in studies, girls, positions, and many more I am sure that you could come up with as "HOT POINTS")----the whole point here is that rankings are/could be one of the variables that would matter to a young 17-18 year old----who wants to go to a place that will get their ___ kicked for his entire college career???? And who said the team that has the best players usually win???? BTW I think I did pretty good on the recruiting trail!!!

8. UL Football Re: Rankings

Boomer, it is true that where you rank is a variable, but in the end, the coaches, facilities,school, opportunity to play, and the fan atmosphere that most influence a player. If it were mostly rank, then things would never change. Right now UL has beaten TooLame, and ULM. That is a solid fact that Hud can sell prospects that all three are interested in.

Crawfish rightly says this is a boring topic. Why? Because getting all Chicken Little on this is not going to change a darned thing. Of course with a shake the world upset this Saturday we would catapult in the eyes of the players? Probably not much. Winning will take care of rank, moaning won't.

TP today, John Curtis running back Sherman Badie chooses TooLame because they feel right. Picked over ULM, ASU, North Texas, Minnesota, Memphis, and others. So it seems he is picking a school with yet another losing season over others and rank played very little in it.

9. Default Re: Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Boomer, it is true that where you rank is a variable, but in the end, the coaches, facilities,school, opportunity to play, and the fan atmosphere that most influence a player. If it were mostly rank, then things would never change. Right now UL has beaten TooLame, and ULM. That is a solid fact that Hud can sell prospects that all three are interested in.

Crawfish rightly says this is a boring topic. Why? Because getting all Chicken Little on this is not going to change a darned thing. Of course with a shake the world upset this Saturday we would catapult in the eyes of the players? Probably not much. Winning will take care of rank, moaning won't.

TP today, John Curtis running back Sherman Badie chooses TooLame because they feel right. Picked over ULM, ASU, North Texas, Minnesota, Memphis, and others. So it seems he is picking a school with yet another losing season over others and rank played very little in it.
    --I did not say that it was "MOSTLY RANK"-----rankings are a boring topic???? Please, is that why there are so many services that do rankings and why sports fans all over the country are anxiously awaiting every week for them to come out----You need to go much deeper into the reasons for the Badie commitment and the feel right statement---Now w/o knowing all the facts I would think that he was sold on the perception of a new stadium, new staff, # of NO commits, # of JC commits, and Tulane's biggest line against us that HUD is leaving----UL not being mentioned as a school under consideration sure differs from other recruiting tales!!!

10. Default Re: Rankings

Boomer if we were ranked 29th it would be big, we ain't and all the gnashing of teeth, and post ain't changing that.

Badie? Clearly you agree that a lot of other factors that are indeed under our, the schools, control play a big part in that, not rank. I think the Hud is leaving negative is done for a while as a selling tool.

Boomer, IMO something very big, bigger than rank, bigger than rumors of Hud leaving is about to happen, a second bowl trip, and maybe a second win. That is a lot more important than rank. No doubt being in the top 25 is good at the end of the season, bet there are a lot of negative sales pitches because that coach is leaving.

Sorry Boomer, just not getting all tight butted as to ULM being 69th and us 72nd or whatever. Yea I would love to be in the top 25, but we are a long way from that day.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Boomer if we were ranked 29th it would be big, we ain't and all the gnashing of teeth, and post ain't changing that.

Badie? Clearly you agree that a lot of other factors that are indeed under our, the schools, control play a big part in that, not rank. I think the Hud is leaving negative is done for a while as a selling tool.

Boomer, IMO something very big, bigger than rank, bigger than rumors of Hud leaving is about to happen, a second bowl trip, and maybe a second win. That is a lot more important than rank. No doubt being in the top 25 is good at the end of the season, bet there are a lot of negative sales pitches because that coach is leaving.

Sorry Boomer, just not getting all tight butted as to ULM being 69th and us 72nd or whatever. Yea I would love to be in the top 25, but we are a long way from that day.
    Screw the rankings I put my faith in HUD and the boys to recruit who we want. Come February, we will be right where we want to be. ______, we have a chat every Sunday and Thursday I put my trust in Cajun T and his info. some of you just do not, or refuse to pay attention to what he says in these chats. We will be fine.

Z

12. Default Re: Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Screw the rankings I put my faith in HUD and the boys to recruit who we want. Come February, we will be right where we want to be. ______, we have a chat every Sunday and Thursday I put my trust in Cajun T and his info. some of you just do not, or refuse to pay attention to what he says in these chats. We will be fine.

Z
    ----Again I go back to my post of the cumulative rankings of the Cajuns as compared to other schools of interest---I get a yawn--I get taken out of context---I get misquoted ---I post that it is something that is obviously to be used in recruiting and is----I get the same---Z, I am with you but the Badie situation post chat and post commitment is not good Timing for a trust example----WE should have juxtaposed our ranking compared to Tulane!!! Hope you are smiling at this!!!! LOL

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Again I go back to my post of the cumulative rankings of the Cajuns as compared to other schools of interest---I get a yawn--I get taken out of context---I get misquoted ---I post that it is something that is obviously to be used in recruiting and is----I get the same---Z, I am with you but the Badie situation post chat and post commitment is not good Timing for a trust example----WE should have juxtaposed our ranking compared to Tulane!!! Hope you are smiling at this!!!! LOL
    I don't believe anybody cares about cumulative rankings. I never even knew it existed. People DO pay attention to the AP, the USA Today Coaches, and the BCS polls though. Being ranked in those polls is what matters.

14. Default Re: Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I don't believe anybody cares about cumulative rankings. I never even knew it existed. People DO pay attention to the AP, the USA Today Coaches, and the BCS polls though. Being ranked in those polls is what matters.
    ---Again as I put this out here just for fan interest---our lowest rank is 101 and the highest is 41 in the country!!!! Give HUD a 41 ranking and let him get into a house with that info---But I'll leave that to the recruiters on here to see if it would be useful!!!!

Thread Information