Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: CBS Bowl Projection

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: CBS Bowl Projection

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    If I (actually me, not the hypothetical me) were to go to detroit, I would not be taking part in the activities that contribute to the higher than average "danger" in that city. However, if I were to join the army, and be shipped to Iraq I would almost certainly be taking part in the types of activities that can make you a casualty in a warzone. For me, an average joe, Iraq as a soldier would definitely be more dangerous than Detroit.
    That's true. But for every person that joined the military during the war, one in eight were in actual combat duty. For every one in harm's way, there are seven in a support role that does not ever see live fire. I don't think anyone is arguing that the two individuals in the greatest danger is the Marine flushing out an insurgent hideout. and a drug mule in Detroit operating on the border of another dealer's turf. Who is doing what in both locations makes a difference in both statistics.

But, there are also correlations to business people traveling to Iraq and their safety, as compared to business people traveling to Detroit and their safety. It is also fairly comparable.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingayle View Post
    Um guys I was reading the thread, and I get the whole Iraq vs Detroit debate, but what I'm not understanding is that yall don't want to go to Detriot due to it being too dangerous, yet we would love to go to New Orleans which not sure about currently but I know for several years was the Murder Capital of the World (or US). Kinda funny.
    You are right. Most cities where there's a large ghetto area are riddled with crime. To a great extent. if your travels don't put you in the middle of those areas, you are infinitely safer.

I'm less inclined to want to go to Detroit because of the travel distance and the cold weather than the safety factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's true. But for every person that joined the military during the war, one in eight were in actual combat duty. For every one in harm's way, there are seven in a support role that does not ever see live fire. I don't think anyone is arguing that the two individuals in the greatest danger is the Marine flushing out an insurgent hideout. and a drug mule in Detroit operating on the border of another dealer's turf. Who is doing what in both locations makes a difference in both statistics.

But, there are also correlations to business people traveling to Iraq and their safety, as compared to business people traveling to Detroit and their safety. It is also fairly comparable.

My head hurts.

I will NOT go to a bowl game in Nigeria.

Please don't tell me New Orleans is more dangerous than Nigeria, it will ruin my day.

They should start a bowl game in Korea. I'll be there next year anyway, and would definitely go. Plus, our players would probably get a bunch of cheap stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    They should start a bowl game in Korea. I'll be there next year anyway, and would definitely go. Plus, our players would probably get a bunch of cheap stuff!!
    South Korea. yes. North Korea. no.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    South Korea. yes. North Korea. no.
    Correct. I thought about putting S Korea, but didn't think it was necessary. Given the direction of this thread, bad assumption.

7. Default Re: CBS Bowl Projection

OK guys one more thing on the NO Bowl and the possibility of danger there---I was their former Mayor Ray Nagin that said although the murder rate was very high--the tourists weren't being killed and that the brothers were just killing each other---The guy speaks the truth and BTW NO is now well on its way to being a chocolate city again!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information