Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: Cajuns vs Kernel Corns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    _ Is the Nicholls vs Cajuns game on the radio anywhere, I can't find it. _
    rain delay

2. Default Re: Cajuns vs Kernel Corns

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    _ rain delay _
    I think I saw a post a couple days ago where SID was doing an RPI rain dance.

3. Default Re: Cajuns vs Kernel Corns

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    _ rain delay _
    Is it cancelled?

i just looked at weather.com and it still looks like they have some pretty beefy storms in the area. I don't think they will play this one, especially with the NCAA rule about lightning being within so many miles of the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79
    _ i just looked at weather.com and it still looks like they have some pretty beefy storms in the area. I don't think they will play this one, especially with the NCAA rule about lightning being within so many miles of the ballpark. _
    Win-Lose situation here guys.

terrible for our rpi

but, another win closer to 40 wins would have been nice.

however, there are plenty games left to make that happen. I have really liked how we've played the past two weeks without midweek games so maybe this will be our ticket to another conference weekend sweep.

So much for Coach Robe's goal to go 10 straight to end the regular season.

6. UL Baseball Re: Cajuns vs Kernels rained out

The Ragin’ Cajuns baseball game with Nicholls State was canceled due to inclement weather in the Thibodaux area. The Cajuns will play New Orleans in a three-game series to end the regular season on Thursday through Saturday.

7. UL Baseball Re: Cajuns vs Kernel Corns

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Win-Lose situation here guys.

terrible for our rpi

but, another win closer to 40 wins would have been nice.

however, there are plenty games left to make that happen. I have really liked how we've played the past two weeks without midweek games so maybe this will be our ticket to another conference weekend sweep.

So much for Coach Robe's goal to go 10 straight to end the regular season.
    That goal needs to include games played in the conference tournament. Those games will count towards the Last Ten Games statistic the NCAA uses. They will also take into account the Last Twenty Games played.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ That goal needs to include games played in the conference tournament. Those games will count towards the Last Ten Games statistic the NCAA uses. They will also take into account the Last Twenty Games played.

Brian _
    Cool deal, I didn't actually know this for sure.

Thanks Brian

9. UL Baseball Opponents View: Privateers Hosting ULL in Final Regular Season Series

NEW ORLEANS – The University of New Orleans baseball team will wrap up the 2007 regular season this weekend with a three-game home series versus Louisiana-Lafayette at Maestri Field.

Game times are set for 6:30 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and 3 p.m. on Saturday. The Thursday and Saturday games will be televised live on Cox Sports Television, while all three games can be heard on Biz Radio – 990 AM or UNOPrivateers.com.

The Privateers (32-21, 15-12 Sun Belt Conference) are playing for seeding in next week’s Sun Belt Tournament. UNO is tied for second place in the league standings with Troy and Middle Tennessee.

The Privateers could be seeded anywhere from second to sixth depending on how things go this weekend. ULL (38-13, 21-6 Sun Belt) has already clinched the league regular season title, as well as a likely bid in the upcoming NCAA Tournament, and are playing for regional seeding.

UNO will start right-handers Bryan Cryer (7-3, 5.36 ERA) on Thursday and Justin Garcia (5-3, 5.57) on Friday. Saturday’s starter is undetermined.

The rest of the story

10. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns not ready to coast

UL's baseball team locked up the Sun Belt Conference's regular-season title last weekend, but don't expect the Ragin' Cajuns to be going through the motions this weekend.

The Cajuns (38-13, 21-6 Sun Belt) have more goals in mind beginning today when they open a three-game league series at New Orleans (32-21, 15-12) that will wrap up the regular season.

UL has won six in a row, and won't reach its most recent goal of going 10-0 to finish the regular season only because the Cajuns got rained out at Nicholls State Tuesday night. But tangible goals of finishing the season on a hot streak, winning next week's league tournament and securing a high seed or a host position for the NCAA Tournament are still viable.

"These guys understand that our goals were not just to win a conference championship," said head coach Tony Robichaux. "If that was the case I'd be worried this week. We haven't reached our goals . we've reached one of them."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default UL vs. UNO game 1

For those not listening on the internet or watching on CST

UL 3
    NO 2

Bottom 7

Farquhar pitching another gem!

12. Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

Who started?

13. Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    _ Who started? _
    Danny started.

14. Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

I didn't think he had that kind of stamina. Way to go Danny

15. Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    _ I didn't think he had that kind of stamina. Way to go Danny _

Farquar goes the distance and wins 5-4 in the opener!!!

39-13

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!

Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst . 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast

Thread Information