Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 . LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1103

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: UL baseball notebook

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    _ _
    What a great job by Dan of finding a way to highlight all of the special things that went on this weekend. And, what a great job by Tony and the other coaches, Tina Creel, and all the current players and staff for the special weekend the put on, both on the field and off. I am glad i was able to be around on Saturday to see the celebration.

2. UL Baseball Re: UL baseball notebook

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ What a great job by Dan of finding a way to highlight all of the special things that went on this weekend. And, what a great job by Tony and the other coaches, Tina Creel, and all the current players and staff for the special weekend the put on, both on the field and off. I am glad i was able to be around on Saturday to see the celebration. _
    This weekend at the Tigue was great. Coach Robichaux and his staff should be commended for the hospitality extended to the former players and their families. My father played from '71-'74 and it was great to see him "run" out on the field with all the other players at Saturday's game!

3. Default Re: Mickles - Mickles - Mickles - Mickles - Mickles

_ _
    What a great job Kyle did. To only pitch 2 innings all year and then come in and pitch on a Sunday in conference play and give us 5 strong innings. Coach Robe had said that he planned on pitching a lot of guys on Sunday, but since Kyle was mowing em down, he changed his mind.

Never hurts to have another strong arm during conference tourny time.

4. UL Baseball Re: UL baseball notebook

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ What a great job by Dan of finding a way to highlight all of the special things that went on this weekend. And, what a great job by Tony and the other coaches, Tina Creel, and all the current players and staff for the special weekend the put on, both on the field and off. I am glad i was able to be around on Saturday to see the celebration. _
    it gave me chills to do a semi jog out to home plate for the national anthem,had a blast as did all of the old timers.

5. UL Baseball Re: Mickles - Mickles - Mickles - Mickles - Mickles

Mickles - Mickles - Mickles - Mickles - Mickles
    Rudy - Rudy - Rudy - Rudy - Rudy

Kyle's story is a great one.

6. Default Re: Mickles - Mickles - Mickles - Mickles - Mickles

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ Rudy - Rudy - Rudy - Rudy - Rudy

Kyle's story is a great one. _
    it sure is. To think this kid has been with us for 3 years, and finally got his due, yesterday. Good luck to Kyle and the rest of the Cajuns!!!

7. UL Baseball Cajun Baseball Attendance

Guys,

I was doing a little research on our attendance this year. We finished the season averaging 2332 people per game for our home games, very impressive.

Here are our last 8 years attendance averages. This is the highest in those 8years, beating 2003 by one arse in a seat per game.

YEAR ATTENDANCE RANKING
    1999 972 24TH
    2000 1502 26TH
    2001 1465 29TH
    2002 1729 29TH
    2003 2331 20TH
    2004 1443 38TH
    2005 1862 31ST
    2006 2091 28TH
    2007 2332 (NOT SURE YET, BUT I HOPE TOP 20)

We actually had less total attendance this year then last, only because we had 7 fewer home games. But 2332 is strong. We need to keep improving attendance so that we can upgrade the facilities even more.

Default Re: Cajun Baseball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    2332 is strong. We need to keep improving attendance so that we can upgrade the facilities even more. _
    Good stuff CajunDave, I agree we need to get this place tip-top shape and then we'll be workin around 3k a game!

Is there a fund we can start to go towards Tigue repairs/upgrades?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Cajun Baseball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    _ Good stuff CajunDave, I agree we need to get this place tip-top shape and then we'll be workin around 3k a game!

Is there a fund we can start to go towards Tigue repairs/upgrades? _
    Its interesting to think that our avg attendance in '99 was ~950 per game, and that was actually 24th in the nation. As compared to this year's avg attendance of 2300+, the number has increased by ~150%, and yet, our ranking is actually four spots less. It says a lot for the direction of college baseball, at schools who push it of course.

10. UL Baseball Re: Cajun Baseball Attendance

rhineaux very observant. CajunDave this is the kind of stuff I love to read.

ps It was nice to see your Louisiana rankings last week.

11. Default Re: Cajun Baseball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ rhineaux very observant. CajunDave this is the kind of stuff I love to read.

ps It was nice to see your Louisiana rankings last week. _
    Thanks Turbine, a new one was posted today.

Geaux Cajuns, Clip The Kernels ( I know, the spelling is wrong )

12. UL Baseball 28-3 baseball vs football scoring

You may have heard the analogy that Saturday's 28-3 baseball score was like the score in a football game, 4 touchdowns to 1 field goal. . .

Well, what if they scored baseball like football?

U L 196
    UALR 21

13. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajun baseball gets back into poll talk

UL's baseball team moved back into one national poll Monday, and almost jumped into a second.

The Ragin' Cajuns (38-13) are ranked 28th in the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association poll, joining Creighton (37-12) as new teams in the top 30 listing. UL was ranked by the NCBWA earlier this year. Michigan and College of Charleston dropped out of the poll.

The Cajun squad is just outside the USA Today/ESPN coaches top 25 poll, ranking second in the others receiving votes (essentially 27th) in its Monday listing.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

14. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns travel to take on Nicholls State

UL's baseball team has won six straight games and leads the Sun Belt Conference race by six full games, having already clinched the league's regular-season title.

In other words, the Ragin' Cajuns are hot.

Nicholls State's baseball squad is out of the running for a spot in the Southland Conference tournament and currently stands last in the Southland's East Division, to go with a 10-42 overall record. NSU has won only seven of its last 36 games.

In other words, the Colonels are not hot.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

15. Default Cajuns vs Kernels rained out

Is the Nicholls vs Cajuns game on the radio anywhere, I can't find it.

Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 . LastLast

Thread Information