Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: What gives? Never mind Cajuns winning

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    _ Top 8th

UL 4
    Troy 0

Cajun faithful in Troy have been VERY LOUD all weekend! _
    I was shocked at how loud they were as well. I just turned on the game and didn't get to listen last night. I was also very proud to hear the noise from the Cajunites in NOLA on Wednesday. well done travelers.

anyone got the live stats to work on the website? it just tells me that there's nothing scheduled at this point. Is this one of those things that are gonna be a while before we've got them online?

Hunter gives up a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 8th. Being pulled right now.

Moody goes 7 innings, gives up 7 hits, 2 runs, 1 walk and struck out 7.

Pilgreen coming in now

Bottom 8
    UL 4
    Troy 2

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    I was shocked at how loud they were as well. I just turned on the game and didn't get to listen last night. I was also very proud to hear the noise from the Cajunites in NOLA on Wednesday. well done travelers.

anyone got the live stats to work on the website? it just tells me that there's nothing scheduled at this point. Is this one of those things that are gonna be a while before we've got them online?
    Sun Belt live stats

Pilgreen gets out of a jam in the 8th. Two runners on and strikes out the last batter.

UL 4
    Troy 2

End 8

5. UL Baseball Re: What gives? Never mind Cajuns winning

Sounds like a tight game late.

4-3

Pilgreen gives up solo homer in the 9th, but the Cajuns still pull out the W!

UL 4
    Troy 3
    FINAL!

7. Default Re: What gives? Never mind Cajuns winning

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    _ Pilgreen gives up solo homer in the 9th, but the Cajuns still pull out the W!

UL 4
    Troy 3
    FINAL!

_
    That is great! I was supposed to be there this weekend but my daughter and family came in from Ohio. That took care of that, but at least we got to visit for a week, and spoiled the grandkids. They love Cajun cooking, and are taking a trunk load of goodiescracklins, boudin, sausage, tasso, etc back to Ohio.

8. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns edge Troy with pitching

A second straight solid pitching performance resulted in a second straight Sun Belt Conference win for UL's baseball team Saturday.

This time, though, the Ragin' Cajun pitching staff didn't have much wiggle room against Troy's Trojans.

Cajun starter Hunter Moody took a shutout and a 4-0 lead into the eighth inning, but reliever Matt Pilgreen had to hold off a late Trojan rally as UL escaped with a 4-3 victory at Troy's Riddle-Pace Field.

UL (28-8, 13-4), stretching its lead in the Sun Belt standings with a second win in as many days over the defending league champions, was limited to seven hits by Trojan pitchers Clegg Snipes and Tim Wheeler. But two of them were back-to-back homers in the sixth inning by Scott Hawkins and Nolan Gisclair that provided a 3-0 lead.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com
    Daily Advertiser

9. UL Baseball Moody, Hawkins Lift Cajuns Past Troy

The Cajuns collected only seven hits on the day, but three of them came from designated hitter Scott Hawkins who had a homerun, double and single in the ballgame.

TROY, Ala.-Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns baseball team claimed game two of a three game conference series with Troy as they edged the Trojans 4-3 at Riddle-Pace Field.

The Ragin’ Cajuns (28-8, 13-4 Sun Belt) collected just seven hits in the game but made them count as they belted two homeruns and had a pair of a doubles to go along with three singles.

Scott Hawkins had three of the Cajuns hits. The sophomore designated hitter fell a triple shy of hitting for the cycle as he had a homerun, double and single in the game. The homerun for Hawkins was his second homerun of the series, and also tied Hawkins for the team lead with 11 homers.

Starting pitcher Hunter Moody (5-2) was solid in his eighth start of the season. The sophomore worked into the eighth, but was relieved after giving up a two-run homer in the bottom of the inning. Moody surrendered six hits on the afternoon with only one extra base hit. He struck out seven batters while issuing only one free pass. Moody did not allow a runner past second base until the eighth inning.

The Cajuns wasted little time putting a run across in the first inning. After working the count full, Josh Logan singled to right field to lead things off. Jefferies Tatford was hit by his team leading 12th pitch of the season. Jonathan Lucroy hit a tailor-made double-play ball, but the Trojans’ shortstop mishandled the ball allowing all runners to advance safely. Troy recorded the first out and Nolan Gisclair hit was looked like a routine fly ball, but the centerfield misplayed it. Gisclair reached first as the centerfielder went to second to record the second out of the inning. The Cajuns were able to score on the play as Logan easily trotted in from third base. The one run would be the only run the Cajuns would get in the first and took a 1-0 lead into the bottom half of the inning.

The rest of the story

Chris Whitehead
    RaginCajuns.com

10. UL Baseball UL vs Troy

Does anyone have the correct link for the baseball audio broadcast (pregame should be on now)? The past KPEL 105.1 link is no longer operational. It looks like they are performing construction on the site and the URLs are inactive.
    http://www.kpel1051news.com/_Home.php

If you go to the main page (only active page), http://www.kpel1051news.com/, the media player is playing an endless loop.

Brian

Default Re: KPEL 105.1 site down?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ Does anyone have the correct link for the baseball audio broadcast (pregame should be on now)? The past KPEL 105.1 link is no longer operational. It looks like they are performing construction on the site and the URLs are inactive.
    http://www.kpel1051news.com/_Home.php

If you go to the main page (only active page), http://www.kpel1051news.com/, the media player is playing an endless loop.

Brian _
    Just sent an email to Jay to see what the deal is. I will let you know if he responds.

12. Default Re: KPEL 105.1 site down?

. . . Elevator music . . . Seems like they tried to keep the streaming link and missed a syntax.

Becuase they stream 24-7 I doubt it's a matter of flicking a swtch.

13. UL Baseball

I found this in a roundabout search via Google . here is a link to the Troy broadcast (WTBF-FM in Troy).

http://www.troytrojans.com/index.php.ange_well_id=2

It looks like my link was cut off (abbreviated by RaginPagin).

14. Default

_ I found this in a roundabout search via Google . here is a link to the Troy broadcast (WTBF-FM in Troy).

http://www.troytrojans.com/index.php.ange_well_id=2

Brian _
    Wow! Talk about a back door entrance.

_ It looks like my link was cut off (abbreviated by RaginPagin). _
    Only visually, not functionally.

15. Default Re: KPEL 105.1 site down?

It looks like my link was cut off (abbreviated by RaginPagin).
    The Cajun broadcast is on now. Albeit about five minutes behind.

Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 . LastLast

Thread Information