Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

UL Baseball Re: Rained out, rescheduled for tomorrow

Coach mentioned at the luncheon that ended at 1pm that they were scheduled to load up at 1:30pm, but that the plan was to give Tulane a call prior to loading up. At that time they would confirm whether the game was on or off. BOP is saying they've updated him (since he was scheduled for the broadcast) to reschedule for tomorrow at the same time.

Default Re: Rained out, rescheduled for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    _ Ok, I am totally confused, why would the baseball secretary tell me an hour ago ( 1:00pm) that their was no decision. Who is the source. JUst curious.

thanks
    Geaux Cajuns _
    Rain Postpones Cajuns Trip to Tulane

Courtesy: RaginCajuns.com
    Release: 04/10/2007

LAFAYETTE-Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns baseball game with the Tulane Green Wave scheduled for Tuesday at at Zephyr Field has been postponed until Wednesday. The start time will be and the Cajuns will stick with scheduled starter Brent Solich.

The game was originally scheduled for , but inclement weather in the area prompted the time change.

The Cajuns and Green Wave are both currently ranked by various news sources and UL is currently atop the Sun Belt Conference.

The two teams last met on , when Tulane took a 7-6 decision from the Cajuns in .

-Ragin’ Cajuns-

http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArtic.&ATCLID=859290

Default Re: BA's take on the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ I agree, but aren't these things handed out according to a certain bid made by the schools? If it were as simple as the NCAA giving the 16 sites to the top 16 teams, then we would have a great chance. But Tony will have a hard time making an arguement when all he can promise is selling out every game with 3500 fans, whereas another site could offer sellouts for every game with 7000 fans, plus have more room and better accomodations. I think the Cajuns are gonna have to be, not just a top 16 team, but a top 7-8 team (RPI and some rankings) in order to get the bid. _
    What is meant by "more room and better accomodations"? I think while we don't have the biggest park, we have one that's big enough. And as far as room and accomodations for travellers,well, I won't even go there, cuz I know we're sufficient in that area. anyhoo, just curious.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    _ What is meant by "more room and better accomodations"? I think while we don't have the biggest park, we have one that's big enough. And as far as room and accomodations for travellers,well, I won't even go there, cuz I know we're sufficient in that area. anyhoo, just curious.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!! _
    I meant more room and better accomodations for media. I keep hearing that our press box is inadequate.

Default Re: Rained out, rescheduled for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    _ Ok, I am totally confused, why would the baseball secretary tell me an hour ago ( 1:00pm) that their was no decision. Who is the source. JUst curious.

thanks
    Geaux Cajuns _
    Well, I didn't make it up. I got a call about 15 minutes after you called the baseball office.

6. Default Re: BA's take on the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    _ "As for hosting, I think you bring up a good point, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them wind up hosting, though we did not project them as a host in our midseason field of 64."

If the Cajuns earn the right then they should host!

Whatever the problems are with the press box etc., they should not keep the Cajuns from playing in a regional at home.

_
    i keep telling you people especially the one's who want a stupid track in the indoor facilitythe baseball field has never been done (it's in awfull shape) lighting and press facilities, all of these things coach is trying to raise money to fix. one avenue is joining the "DIAMOND CLUB" all the money go to baseball, trying to fix the concessions, the players share lockers, etc. but some people still don't understand, it's tough, and buying season ticketsfor instance we were set-up in the privillion this past weekend it's was nice. If the people would just understand the cost of it all and what coach Rob is trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    i keep telling you people especially the one's who want a stupid track in the indoor facilitythe baseball field has never been done (it's in awfull shape) lighting and press facilities, all of these things coach is trying to raise money to fix. one avenue is joining the "DIAMOND CLUB" all the money go to baseball, trying to fix the concessions, the players share lockers, etc. but some people still don't understand, it's tough, and buying season ticketsfor instance we were set-up in the privillion this past weekend it's was nice. If the people would just understand the cost of it all and what coach Rob is trying to do.

Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    _ i keep telling you people especially the one's who want a stupid track in the indoor facilitythe baseball field has never been done (it's in awfull shape) lighting and press facilities, all of these things coach is trying to raise money to fix. one avenue is joining the "DIAMOND CLUB" all the money go to baseball, trying to fix the concessions, the players share lockers, etc. but some people still don't understand, it's tough, and buying season ticketsfor instance we were set-up in the privillion this past weekend it's was nice. If the people would just understand the cost of it all and what coach Rob is trying to do. _
    To get the word out maybe you could get John Dugas to put some info on the new RaginCajuns.com web site about the "DIAMOND CLUB".

9. UL Baseball Re: BA's take on the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    I agree, but aren't these things handed out according to a certain bid made by the schools? If it were as simple as the NCAA giving the 16 sites to the top 16 teams, then we would have a great chance. But Tony will have a hard time making an arguement when all he can promise is selling out every game with 3500 fans, whereas another site could offer sellouts for every game with 7000 fans, plus have more room and better accomodations. I think the Cajuns are gonna have to be, not just a top 16 team, but a top 7-8 team (RPI and some rankings) in order to get the bid.
    The biggest obstacle for the Cajuns at this point is the quantity of #1 seeds that can potentially host in the immediate geographic region. Also consider that the West will likely have four regionals this year instead of three (taking away a potential host site elseware). The West has had four regionals only twice (2003 and 2005). But the play out West this year is solid and the national champion came from the West last season when it was only awarded three regionals. Also, the West has more representation on the NCAA Selection Committee this season with the addition of Arizona State coach Pat Murphy (which could also be a positive for the Cajuns' chances provided they play well in Tempe).

I do not think the Cajuns will need to be a Top 8 RPI team, but they will need to be a stronger #1 seed than one or more of the #1 seed hosting candidates in the nearby region. Currently, Rice, Texas, and Texas A&M are obvious candidates to host. At this point of the season, all three have stronger resumes, have better facilities, and stronger attendance than that of the Cajuns. You can say the same for Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Mississippi. But the NCAA is not going to award seven regionals in the Louisiana/Mississippi/Arkansas/Texas region. They have awarded six regionals to this region only twice (1999 and 2003). If you add the state of Oklahoma to this region, they have awarded six regionals to this region four times (1999, 2000, 2003, 2004). Never has the NCAA awarded seven regionals to the Louisiana/Mississippi/Arkansas/Texas/Oklahoma region and more than once they have awarded only three. The Oklahoma Sooners are also a candidate to host which crowds the regional field even more. However, if the Cajuns are the only viable Louisiana hosting candidate, this will help.

Another thing to consider is that typically two or more #1 seeds do not host a regional. It has never been the case that all sixteen #1 seeds have hosted regionals and only three times have 15/16 #1 seeds hosted. As many as five #1 seeds have not hosted a regional in a given year and three times (1999, 2000, and 2001) four or more #1 seeds have not hosted regionals. Although, the recent trend has been that 15/16 #1 seeds have hosted regionals (three of the last four seasons). Hence, you can virtually count on at least one #2 seed hosting, typically in an effort to balance the regionals geographically. This is not in the Cajuns' favor.

In summary, keep an eye on what the leading hosting candidates in the Mississippi/Louisiana/Arkansas/Texas/Oklahoma corridor do the remainder of the season. If they can pass a couple of those schools, they will have a shot. But the competition is stiff.

Brian

10. UL Baseball Re: BA's take on the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos
    Cajuns finished last year in the top 20 in attendance in the country, so I wouldn't think attendance would necessarily keep us from hosting.
    The Cajuns finished #28 in attendance last season (averaged 2091). But when you are considering the attendance metric in evaluating a hosting candidate, you also need to evaluate it in the context of the regional schools that are vying for those precious hosting slots. The following regional (Mississippi/Arkansas/Louisiana/Texas) schools had better attendance than the Cajuns last season.

LSU (7320) (not a hosting candidate at this point of the season)
    Arkansas (7123) (likely host)
    Mississippi State (6918) (likely host)
    Texas (5380) (likely host)
    Mississippi (4854) (could host)
    Texas A&M (4478) (likely host)
    Rice (4193) (likely host)
    Southern Mississippi (3309) (not a hosting candidate at this point of the season)
    Baylor (3013) (not a hosting candidate at this point of the season)
    Tulane (2888) (not a hosting candidate at this point of the season)
    Houston (2733) (not a hosting candidate at this point of the season)
    Texas Tech (2606) (not a hosting candidate at this point of the season)

Among the six likely/could host schools above (at this point of the season) in the region (Mississippi/Arkansas/Louisiana/Texas), the Cajuns are seventh in attendance. And they are well short of that sixth attendance slot (Rice).

Brian

11. UL Baseball Re: Tatford on an award roll

UL senior outfielder/first baseman Jefferies Tatford earned his second honor in as many days Tuesday when he was named the state's Hitter of the Week by the La. Sports Writers Association.

Tatford, named the Sun Belt Conference's Player of the Week Monday, batted .429 in leading the Cajuns to a 3-1 mark last week. He had three home runs as part of his 6-of-14 week, including a home run in each of the Cajuns' three weekend Sun Belt games against Western Kentucky. His grand-slam in that series finale helped bring UL back from a 60 deficit to a 10-6 win.

The Lafayette and St. Thomas More product had nine RBI and four runs in the four games along with a 1.071 slugging percentage and a .579 on-base mark.

12. UL Baseball UL to face drier Green Wave tonight

METAIRIE - It's been almost three years since UL and Tulane played a baseball game, so it's probably not that big a deal that the teams waited one more day.

Now, though, it's the Ragin' Cajuns that hold more national rankings heading into tonight's 6:30 p.m. rain-delayed game at Zephyr Field.

UL (26-7) and Tulane (24-10) had been scheduled to play Tuesday night, but heavy rains early in the day in the New Orleans area forced a postponement. Since neither team had games scheduled this week other than their weekend series, the game was moved back to tonight.

The teams haven't met since April 21, 2004, when Tulane rallied for a 7-6 victory at its regular Turchin Stadium home. That field is still under renovation after being damaged by Hurricane Katrina, and Tulane already has moved the rest of its home games this season to the New Orleans Class AAA club's park.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

UL Baseball Re: UL to face drier Green Wave tonight

Tulane is looking for a victory against Louisiana tonight.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=345&F.&STO=pagestart

Default Ragin’ Cajuns Fall to Tulane

Ragin’ Cajuns Fall to Tulane

Release: 04/11/2007

NEW ORLEANS-Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns baseball team dropped a 5-4 decision to in-state rival Tulane on Wednesday night at Zephyr Field.

The Cajuns jumped out to a 4-0 lead but let the Green Wave chip away until they tied the game in the fifth inning. Tulane used a run in the bottom of the sixth inning to break a 4-4 tie. The run would be all the Green Wave would need as neither team was able to score in the final three innings.

Offensively, the Cajuns collected 11 hits on the night. Jonathan Lucroy, who had two hits in the game, hit a solo homerun in the second inning and added a single. Josh Logan was the only other Cajuns player with multiple hits. The outfielder had a pair of singles to go along with an RBI.

The Cajuns took the lead in the top of the second inning. Jonathan Lucroy led off the inning with his team-leading 12th homerun of the year. Tim Santiago dropped a one-out single into centerfield. Justin Robichaux moved to second with a single through the left side of the infield. Devon Bourque doubled into left field to score the lead runner and give UL a pair of runners in scoring position with just one out. Josh Logan singled through the left side to score Robichaux from third. With runners on the corners and one out, William Long hit a deep fly ball to right field to plate Bourque on the sacrifice fly. The Green Wave escaped the inning with no further runs score, but the Cajuns had an early 4-0 lead.

Full Story At:

RaginCajuns.com

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Ragin’ Cajuns Fall to Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun
    _ Ragin’ Cajuns Fall to Tulane

Release: 04/11/2007

NEW ORLEANS-Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns baseball team dropped a 5-4 decision to in-state rival Tulane on Wednesday night at Zephyr Field.

The Cajuns jumped out to a 4-0 lead but let the Green Wave chip away until they tied the game in the fifth inning. Tulane used a run in the bottom of the sixth inning to break a 4-4 tie. The run would be all the Green Wave would need as neither team was able to score in the final three innings.

Offensively, the Cajuns collected 11 hits on the night. Jonathan Lucroy, who had two hits in the game, hit a solo homerun in the second inning and added a single. Josh Logan was the only other Cajuns player with multiple hits. The outfielder had a pair of singles to go along with an RBI.

The Cajuns took the lead in the top of the second inning. Jonathan Lucroy led off the inning with his team-leading 12th homerun of the year. Tim Santiago dropped a one-out single into centerfield. Justin Robichaux moved to second with a single through the left side of the infield. Devon Bourque doubled into left field to score the lead runner and give UL a pair of runners in scoring position with just one out. Josh Logan singled through the left side to score Robichaux from third. With runners on the corners and one out, William Long hit a deep fly ball to right field to plate Bourque on the sacrifice fly. The Green Wave escaped the inning with no further runs score, but the Cajuns had an early 4-0 lead.

Full Story At:

RaginCajuns.com _
    Considering the road ahead, i would have almost rathered this loss over an overwhelming win. Actually, no i wouldn't have.but it should bode well for the guys to have a "had it in the bag and lost it" game like this just to keep them humbled over the next two weeks.

Oh, and 8 strikeouts? probably gonna want to take care of that sometime before they take the field friday night.

Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread Information