Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: Who's going to the game against Tulane?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    _ We Have A Crew That Is Planning To Go But New Orleans Is Expecting Close To An Inch Of Rain Tomorrow So I Have A Feeling It Will Get Rained Out. _
    That stinks. I was on the fence about going, but if there is a 40% chance or greater of rain, I don't think I'm going to make the drive from Lafayette.

2. UL Baseball Tatford on an award roll

The Ragin’ Cajuns have had two consecutive Player of the Week award recipients. Jefferies Tatford won based on his performance for the week of Apr. 2 through Apr. 8, while Kolin Hatfield won the week before.

LOUISIANA La. - Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns baseball team picked up their second Player of the Week award winner as senior Jefferies Tatford earned the honor. The award was the second consecutive honor for the Cajuns and the first for Tatford in his four year career.

Tatford hit .429 on the week and helped the Cajuns go 3-1 on the week. He finished the week 6-for-14 with three homeruns, including a grand slam.

He had a homerun in each of the Cajuns three games against Western Kentucky. Tatford drove in nine runs on the week while scoring four. The senior had a 1.071 slugging percentage with a .579 on base percentage.

Along with his six hits, Tatford also drew two walks and was hit by three pitches.

He had a perfect fielding percentage in 21 attempts while playing both in the outfield and at first base.

Tatford is the second straight Player of the Week award winner for the Cajuns. Kolin Hatfield took the honor the previous week for his record setting performance against Florida International.

-Ragin’ Cajuns-

LOUISIANA SI

I went home for spring break (live around NOLA). I'll be going. Hopefully it doesn't get rained out.

4. UL Baseball Re: Who's going to the game against Tulane?

I wish I could go, I want to see a game at Zepher Field.

5. UL Baseball Weather permitting UL travels to face surging Green Wave

UL's baseball squad steps out of Sun Belt Conference play, but it definitely doesn't step down in class tonight.

In fact, the Ragin' Cajuns will likely face one of their stiffest tests in the latter half of the season at 6:30 p.m. when UL travels to Zephyr Field in New Orleans to meet Tulane's Green Wave.

Tulane (24-10) was ranked in all four major collegiate polls last week, with a high of 21st nationally in the Baseball America rankings, before losing two of three home games to Memphis over the weekend in Conference USA play.

The Green Wave, though, did win the series finale 9-5 on Easter Sunday.

"We would have loved to have won the series," said Wave head coach Rick Jones, "but we didn't and we had to salvage one Sunday. We were able to do that, so you have to feel good about that part of it."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

6. UL Baseball Tulane Baseball To Take On Louisiana La. at Zephyr Field

NEW ORLEANS, La. - The Tulane University baseball team will close out a nine-game homestand on Tuesday, April 10, when the Green Wave play host to in-state foe Louisiana-Lafayette at 6:30 p.m. at Zephyr Field.

Both teams enter Tuesday's ballgame ranked among the nation's best as the Green Wave sit No. 24 in the most recent Baseball America Top 25 and the Ragin` Cajuns come to town No. 23 in the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association poll. Tuesday's game is the first meeting between the two programs since the 2004 season.

Tuesday's ballgame will be broadcast on the flagship station of Tulane baseball, WRBH 88.3 FM, and the game can also be heard on the internet at www.TulaneGreenWave.com to paid members of the All Access Pass. Live stats for the UL-Lafayette contest are also available on line for free via GameTracker.

Tulane comes into the midweek matchup 24-10 on the year, 6-3 in Conference USA play and looking to bounce back from a tough 2-1 series loss to league foe Memphis over the weekend. As a team, the Green Wave are hitting .300 with a .409 slugging percentage courtesy of 41 doubles, six triples and 24 home runs.

The rest of the story

It sure is coming down hard over here. I doubt I'll be going to the game now. I doubt they'll be playing, too.

UL Baseball BA's take on the Cajuns

FYI . . .
    In yesterday's Baseball America college baseball chat, the following exchange took place:

Q: Patrick from Louisiana asks:
    I find it hard to believe that University of Louisiana is still not in your top 25. Their RPI is 19, SOS in the 60's at the moment. and they are 26-7. Do the Ragin' Cajuns have to go undefeated two weeks in a row to get ranked? So we lost one game to Western Kentucky over the weekend, in terrible conditions and a 10 inning loss. we have the best offense in Louisiana and one of the best of the region Two solid starters and an incredible closer. The only question mark in my mind is we need a legitimate Sunday starter. so far no one has stepped up. So where do you rank the Cajuns and what do they have to do to get your respect? And one more question if possible do you see University of Louisiana possibly hosting a regional with LSU being down this year and our attendance near the top in the nation?

A: Aaron Fitt: We discussed the Cajuns at length in our top 25 meeting and addressed them again in the podcast today; they are right on the cusp of the rankings. They still lack a true signature win on their resume, but I give them credit for sweeping Florida Atlantic a few weeks ago and beating a decent Florida International team last week. I would have liked to see them sweep Western Kentucky this weekend. They'll have a chance to really prove their mettle against legit opponents the next two weeks against Troy and Arizona State -- both very tough road series. As for hosting, I think you bring up a good point, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them wind up hosting, though we did not project them as a host in our midseason field of 64.

Default Re: BA's take on the Cajuns

"As for hosting, I think you bring up a good point, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them wind up hosting, though we did not project them as a host in our midseason field of 64."

If the Cajuns earn the right then they should host!

Whatever the problems are with the press box etc., they should not keep the Cajuns from playing in a regional at home.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    _ "As for hosting, I think you bring up a good point, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them wind up hosting, though we did not project them as a host in our midseason field of 64."

If the Cajuns earn the right then they should host!

Whatever the problems are with the press box etc., they should not keep the Cajuns from playing in a regional at home.

_
    I agree, but aren't these things handed out according to a certain bid made by the schools? If it were as simple as the NCAA giving the 16 sites to the top 16 teams, then we would have a great chance. But Tony will have a hard time making an arguement when all he can promise is selling out every game with 3500 fans, whereas another site could offer sellouts for every game with 7000 fans, plus have more room and better accomodations. I think the Cajuns are gonna have to be, not just a top 16 team, but a top 7-8 team (RPI and some rankings) in order to get the bid.

Default Rained out, rescheduled for tomorrow

Cajuns and Greenies will meet Wednesday, 6:30 at Zephyr.

Default Re: Rained out, rescheduled for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    _ Cajuns and Greenies will meet Wednesday, 6:30 at Zephyr. _
    Thanks BOP

Cajuns finished last year in the top 20 in attendance in the country, so I wouldn't think attendance would necessarily keep us from hosting.

Rescheduled for tomorrow, same cajun time, same cajun station.

UL Softball Re: Rained out, rescheduled for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    _ Cajuns and Greenies will meet Wednesday, 6:30 at Zephyr. _
    Ok, I am totally confused, why would the baseball secretary tell me an hour ago ( 1:00pm) that their was no decision. Who is the source. JUst curious.

thanks
    Geaux Cajuns

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 . LastLast

Thread Information