Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: UL vs FIU Series

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84
    _ Man, this loss is frustrating.I have a feeling that this game will be this years UALR.FIU is a RPI graveyard and we just tanked. FIU RPI is 188 right now, which is worst in the belt, and I dont see a reason why they will be much higher, they have no Pitching and no Defense.and we just blew this one big time. I'm expecting this loss to drop our RPI about 10 spots.ugh.

Tuffguy _
    In the course of a 56 game season, you will win games you should lose and lose games you should win.

This is a lot less crucial than you are making it out to be.

This is so COOL Re: UL vs FIU Series

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    _ Probably don't have much of a chance to host anyways, but this one game is surely not going to put an end to those slight chances. Just relax and enjoy the season, which is turning out to be a very good one. Cajuns will lose more than 10 times though, so be prepared for a number of other non-sweep weekends. It is still ok. Even the top 10 teams in the country lose. It's baseball! _
    Oh, I am enjoying the season throughly. Went to USM and saw a win and a loss, watched the club have a great home stand, paid a visit to SLU early to get a feel for the team.

Like a sugar junkie I can't get enough Frosted Flakes.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    _ What would you give as a passing grade? I would think two of three in Tempe, a win in Beaumont, one against Tulane, and of course win all the games at home, and a sweep of Troy would be an A+, lose two in Temp and one in at Troy gets an A, continue and lose to Tulane C+, hang another loss to Lamar on the road, D, and any more is an F. _
    Just talking about the 8 roadies out of nine stretch.

First thing's first, gotta win the lone home game v. SLU. CAN'T lose at home. Taking two in Tempe would be superb. I am not sure what its like over there, with respect to their fans and the environment, but i'm sure its not a little league atmosphere. We've got to take two at Troy, if for no other reason but to stay near the top of the conference standings. Winning at Tulane would be great, and surely possible if lil Robe goes and is dealing like he can. Looking at their schedule, they seem to be about on par with where we are. They have played 10 games v. horrible teams so that doesn't help their RPI at all. I think if we spread 6 wins out of nine, in the right places of course, then we can call it a great stretch, especially if we're competitive in the losses.

They are in the top 20 in RPI, even with losing a game to FIU. We have some excellent opportunities with #51 Troy, #60 SLU, #52 Tulane and #25 ASU on the schedule. 1st place outright in the conference and Top 10 in RPI would have been nice, but I like where we are at. More importantly, it is still 100% up to us. We are on pace for 44 regular season wins. Not too shabby, imo. Let's get the rest.onepitchatatime

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Ragin'Cajuns fall 14-13 in see-saw game

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    _ _
    Boyd's World RPI's as of today.

#16 FSU .613
    #17 UL .613
    #25 Arizona State .598
    #27 LSU .596
    #47 UTSA .571
    #51 Tulane .563
    #52 Troy .563
    #60 SLU .552
    #62 Houston .551
    #67 FAU .543
    #73 MTSU .538
    #75 ULM .537
    #85 WKU .531

Also USA at 106, LTU at 120, Northwestern state at 137, Lamar at 145, UNO at 153, and very interesting to see Tennessee at 151. what the hell is Tenn doing with a RPI of 151. They should be ashamed.

I think that's all the pertinent teams in the top 100. winning series' on the road at ASU and Troy would be huge. And don't forget how important key mid-week games at Tulane and SLU are gonna be as well. It also magnifies the importance of keeping our heads on during conference. Losing to UNO's and the others below them that i didn't get to, could easily undo so much hard work if the boys do well over the next couple weeks.

UL Baseball Re: UL vs FIU Series

What if FIU takes 1 out of 2 vs Miami??
    Could make it interesting.

7. UL Baseball Opponent view: Lamar Steps Out of Conference Tuesday for Game Long-Time Rival UL

BEAUMONT - After posting a three-game sweep of Nicholls State in Southland Conference play over the weekend, Lamar University steps out of conference for a 6:30 p.m. game Tuesday at long-time rival Louisiana-Lafayette at Moore Field.

Lamar is 21-11 overall and 8-1 in SLC play. UL-Lafayette is 23-6 overall and 9-3 in Sun Belt Conference play. The Ragin' Cajuns are ranked 30th in this week's Collegiate Baseball poll. The two teams are schedule to meeting again on April 24 in Beaumont.

Junior Brad Depoy, who is 1-0 with a 7.20 earned run average, is expected to make his first start of the season for the Cardinals. UL-Lafayette will start either John Zorich, who is 3-1 with a 3.89 ERA, or Brent Solich, who is 2-0 with a 4.32 ERA.

The rest of the story

just curious whats the relevance of FSU at #16? Just to show where we compare to them, or are they on our schedule? PS. where's Southern Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ Boyd's World RPI's as of today.

#16 FSU .613
    #17 UL .613
    #25 Arizona State .598
    #27 LSU .596
    #47 UTSA .571
    #51 Tulane .563
    #52 Troy .563
    #60 SLU .552
    #62 Houston .551
    #67 FAU .543
    #73 MTSU .538
    #75 ULM .537
    #85 WKU .531

Also USA at 106, LTU at 120, Northwestern state at 137, Lamar at 145, UNO at 153, and very interesting to see Tennessee at 151. what the hell is Tenn doing with a RPI of 151. They should be ashamed.

I think that's all the pertinent teams in the top 100. winning series' on the road at ASU and Troy would be huge. And don't forget how important key mid-week games at Tulane and SLU are gonna be as well. It also magnifies the importance of keeping our heads on during conference. Losing to UNO's and the others below them that i didn't get to, could easily undo so much hard work if the boys do well over the next couple weeks. _

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    In the course of a 56 game season, you will win games you should lose and lose games you should win.

This is a lot less crucial than you are making it out to be.
    I do understand the 56 game season argument, but in retrospect, wasnt that UALR loss last year the one that essentially kept us out of a regional? That loss hurt bad, and I'm extremely worried that at the end of the season, we'll be looking back and going "man, remember when we had that 8-2 lead in Florida and gave up that 9 run inning.". There is also the chance that you'll be right and at the end of the season, this game will be an afterthought, but I will say this, That UALR game last year, and that USA game 3 years ago at the tigue are still ingraned into my memory.

On a different note, I have to do a mini-internship for my audio production class at UL (I think 16 hours or so), and I'd love to do it over at 1420, if you can point me in the direction of who I need to talk to, I'd appreciate it alot.

Take it easy,
    Tuffguy

10. UL Baseball Fiery bats come home

The questions hovering over UL's ability to hit away from its Moore Field home park were pretty much answered last week.

Now, the question is whether the Ragin' Cajun baseball team can hit at home like it did all of last week.

The Cajuns (23-6) host Lamar's Cardinals (21-11) at 6:30 p.m. today at Moore Field in a battle of teams currently among the leaders in their respective conferences.

UL moved into a share of first place in the Sun Belt (9-3) over the weekend by taking two of three games at Florida International, while Lamar sits stop the Southland Conference's East Division with an 8-1 conference record after a three-game home sweep of Nicholls State over the past weekend.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by campo118
    _ just curious whats the relevance of FSU at #16? Just to show where we compare to them, or are they on our schedule? PS. where's Southern Miss? _
    I thought i had southern miss up there. They're at #24 with a .598.

And, I put FSU up there cause they are ranked ahead of us because F starts before L.we have the same index percentage of .613

_ I do understand the 56 game season argument, but in retrospect, wasnt that UALR loss last year the one that essentially kept us out of a regional? That loss hurt bad, and I'm extremely worried that at the end of the season, we'll be looking back and going "man, remember when we had that 8-2 lead in Florida and gave up that 9 run inning.". There is also the chance that you'll be right and at the end of the season, this game will be an afterthought, but I will say this, That UALR game last year, and that USA game 3 years ago at the tigue are still ingraned into my memory.

On a different note, I have to do a mini-internship for my audio production class at UL (I think 16 hours or so), and I'd love to do it over at 1420, if you can point me in the direction of who I need to talk to, I'd appreciate it alot.

Take it easy,
    Tuffguy _
    The UALR game last year was costly because it kept us from tying for the conference championship and a #1 seed in the SBC tournament. The reg. season champ has always gotten in. That left it to the committee and our RPI kept us out.

We won't have that RPI problem this year.

Call Steve Peloquin. He'll fix you up.

13. UL Baseball Re: UL vs FIU Series

Man, this loss is frustrating.I have a feeling that this game will be this years UALR.FIU is a RPI graveyard and we just tanked. FIU RPI is 188 right now, which is worst in the belt, and I dont see a reason why they will be much higher, they have no Pitching and no Defense.and we just blew this one big time. I'm expecting this loss to drop our RPI about 10 spots.ugh.

Tuffguy
    First, if you are depending on a road sweep over FIU to make the postseason, you are falling short in other areas. 2/3 from FIU on the road was what I expected going into the weekend and I said so. Troy could not sweep FIU at home (they were smoked 9-1 in Game #2).

Second, FIU's RPI (now 175) should be higher at the end of the season. This is a case where the RPI is undervaluing a team. I touched on some of the reasons why the FIU RPI was where it was last week. FIU is not the worst team in the conference by a longshot. But the RPI says that it is right now. I do not believe it will at the end of the season.

Brian

14. UL Baseball Re: UL vs FIU Series

I do understand the 56 game season argument, but in retrospect, wasnt that UALR loss last year the one that essentially kept us out of a regional?
    Pick any conference loss from last season . that was the loss that kept us out of the postseason last year.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ Pick any conference loss from last season . that was the loss that kept us out of the postseason last year.

Brian _
    I agree Brian. You can "what if" every loss. However, I think what hurt us more last year that the Ark. Little Rock loss was all of the non-conference losses to La. Tech, Northwestern and McNeese, just to name a few. That kills us every year. I know it is difficult to schedule, but this year is a much better schedule with Sothern Miss, Houston and Arizona State. We need to schedule that way every year. It should be a lot easier to make sure that our RPI stays where it shold be with LSU and Tulane back on the schedule.

Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread Information