Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. Default Re: UL baseball rolls to win over FIU

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy

It looks as though FIU has been changing up there weekend starters off and on throughout the season. One of the following will get the nod today, either:

Jorge Ramos(3-3) with a 3.43 ERA in 7 apperances, with 6 Starts.
    Corey Pollizzano (3-2) with a 5.53 ERA in 9 apperances with 7 starts.
    Walker Whitley (1-3) with 7.90 ERA in 13 apperances with 4 starts including last weekend.

I would assume 2 of the 3 will pitch Saturday and Sunday. Polizzano shut down Troy with 8 strong inning game last weekend.

Not out of the woods yet, it could still be a tough series. But we at least, bare minimum need to take 2/3.

Default Re: UL vs FIU Series

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Bourque in addition to hitting 232 is as big a bigger offensive threat. Bourque is absolutely the best guy we have on the team in getting his full at bat. Bourque rarely strikes out or hits into a double play. Last night was a prime example of that when late in the game he had a tremendous at bat using up ten pitches to take a walk. A walk that pushed the FIU pitcher to over a hundred pitches. We would later go on to have the big inning that broke FIU. Long at second? A couple of errors negates the difference in batting averages, plus an error eats up your pitchers arm. If I am getting one less error a series it is easily worth the difference in batting IMO.
    I guess your right, but I would only say that because we are scoring runs. In a tight game, I say we need the hot stick. JMO.

3. UL Baseball Re: UL baseball rolls to win over FIU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    It looks as though FIU has been changing up there weekend starters off and on throughout the season. One of the following will get the nod today, either:

Jorge Ramos(3-3) with a 3.43 ERA in 7 apperances, with 6 Starts.
    Corey Pollizzano (3-2) with a 5.53 ERA in 9 apperances with 7 starts.
    Walker Whitley (1-3) with 7.90 ERA in 13 apperances with 4 starts including last weekend.

I would assume 2 of the 3 will pitch Saturday and Sunday. Polizzano shut down Troy with 8 strong inning game last weekend.

Not out of the woods yet, it could still be a tough series. But we at least, bare minimum need to take 2/3.
    Polizzano, the freshman lefty, is supposed to get the start today. Ramos may or may not pitch this weekend. They held him out against Troy last weekend as he was not recovered from the Friday night CG performance (133 pitches) against Western Kentucky two weekends ago. I would expect Walker Whitley (big sidearmer) to throw Sunday. Although if Ramos is healthy they could move Whitley back to the closer role.

Whitley threw well against the Cajuns last season in the Friday night opener. He really matched Moody except that the Panthers committed five errors behind him.

The Cajuns really need to take today's game as Sunday will be the most difficult matchup.

Brian

4. UL Baseball Re: UL vs FIU Series

As of this am, Boydsworld has our RPI up to #10. Sw----EEEET!!!!!

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!! Sweep the Panthers this weekend!!!!!
    The SEBaseball.com RPI is as follows .

Adjusted RPI: Rating .6184, Rank #11
    Base RPI: Rating .6106, Rank #14

Coastal Carolina is a mere .0003 in aRPI rating ahead of the Cajuns at #10. The Cajuns are .0013 in aRPI ahead of Southern Mississippi.

Brian

UL Baseball Re: UL vs FIU Series

Game 2

End of the 7th

R

H

E
    Louisiana (UL) 0 1 3 0 3 2 7
    16 18 1
    Fla. International (FIU) 1 0 0 0 4 0 0
    5 6 2

What a day for Kolin Hatfield. 5-for-5, with 3 homers, 9 RBI's.

7. Default Re: UL vs FIU Series

Hatfield: 5-5, 3 homers (solo, solo, 2-run), 9 RBI, 15 total bases. Ties school records for 5 hits, 3 homers and 9 RBI; breaks school record for 15 total bases.

Unbelievable day. Oh and Lucroy hits 2 homers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    Hatfield: 5-5, 3 homers (solo, solo, 2-run), 9 RBI, 15 total bases. Ties school records for 5 hits, 3 homers and 9 RBI; breaks school record for 15 total bases.

Unbelievable day. Oh and Lucroy hits 2 homers as well.

Great job hitting the ball today. Too bad the hitting steak by Alexander has ended. I sure would have liked to see him break the record. It was nearly impossible with him only getting one at bat, the odds were just against him.

9. UL Baseball Re: UL vs FIU Series

Quote Originally Posted by cjntgr
    Great job hitting the ball today. Too bad the hitting steak by Alexander has ended. I sure would have liked to see him break the record. It was nearly impossible with him only getting one at bat, the odds were just against him.
    Yes, but it is better to see him get at-bats along the way, even if it is only a pinch hit AB. The Cajuns will need his bat and is important to keep him ready. I like the lineup depth.

That said, the Cajuns will be facing a much better pitcher in Walker Whitley tomorrow. The Cajuns bats need to keep rolling.

Brian

10. Default Re: UL baseball rolls to win over FIU

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Polizzano, the freshman lefty, is supposed to get the start today. Ramos may or may not pitch this weekend. They held him out against Troy last weekend as he was not recovered from the Friday night CG performance (133 pitches) against Western Kentucky two weekends ago. I would expect Walker Whitley (big sidearmer) to throw Sunday. Although if Ramos is healthy they could move Whitley back to the closer role.

Whitley threw well against the Cajuns last season in the Friday night opener. He really matched Moody except that the Panthers committed five errors behind him.

The Cajuns really need to take today's game as Sunday will be the most difficult matchup.

Brian

Too bad we could not have saved some hits for tomorrow.

Nice win thought

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cjntgr
    Glove and stick must work in unison!

Stick was workin.glove werent.

Z.

12. Default Re: UL vs FIU Series

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Glove and stick must work in unison!

Stick was workin.glove werent.

Z.
    In the 3rd inning UL pizz and Moanroe is losing 7-2. The Cajuns could finish today tied for 1st with a good chance to be in sole posession of 1st in the Belt tomorrow.

I move to dallas and look what happens. Im home sick already. lol

In the 3rd inning UL pizz and Moanroe is losing 7-2. The Cajuns could finish today tied for 1st with a good chance to be in sole posession of 1st in the Belt tomorrow.
    ULM 5
    MTSU 15

8th

UL Baseball Re: UL vs FIU Series

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    ULM 5
    MTSU 15

8th
    Cajuns tied for first place, thanks to the Blue Raiders taking care of MoanROW.

Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 . LastLast

Thread Information