Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. UL Baseball UL Men Lose on errors

One inning of solid hitting, one inning of taking advantage of UL errors and a solid relief pitching performance were all that Middle Tennessee needed to finish off a Sun Belt Conference weekend baseball series win over the Ragin’ Cajuns Sunday.

The host Blue Raiders strung together three extra-base hits in the fourth inning for two runs, took advantage of three Cajun errors to score without a hit in the seventh and followed Brett Reilley’s relief effort in a 3-1 victory over UL at MT’s Reese Smith Field in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Reilley (3-0) retired all 10 UL batters he faced over the final 3 1/3 innings, striking out five of the last nine after coming in and working out of a first-and-third situation in the sixth inning.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

2. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns to face struggling Cowboys

Normally, UL's baseball team has more than its hands full whenever the Ragin' Cajuns take on nearby rival McNeese State.

That could be the case again this week, but it would be a surprise since the Cowboys are struggling mightily this season.

UL will meet McNeese in a unique two-day, two-site series beginning today, with the Cajuns (15-5) hosting the Cowboys (3-20) at 6:30 p.m. today at Moore Field and the teams squaring off at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Cowboy Diamond in Lake Charles.

Tonight's game is Ticket Redemption Night at Moore Field, with any unused season tickets to this point of the season good for admission. It's also Armed Forces Night, with UL wearing red camouflage jerseys that will be auctioned following the game.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns to face struggling Cowboys

If all the jersey's aren't auctioned off, will they still be available for a monetary donation?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308
    If all the jersey's aren't auctioned off, will they still be available for a monetary donation?
    Scott, where the he*l you been boy???

LOL

I am still in Alabama.

Z.

UL Baseball Ragin' Cajun Bats Burn McNeese

CAJUNS WIN

6. UL Baseball Re: Ragin' Cajun Bats Burn McNeese

UL's baseball team came out of its weekend hitting slump in a big way Tuesday night, but Ragin' Cajun head coach Tony Robichaux was happier with his team's defensive play.

The Cajuns played errorless ball and put together a 17-hit attack, enough to post a 9-5 victory over McNeese State at Moore Field in the first game of a rare two-night, two-park series. The teams meet again at 7 p.m. tonight at McNeese's Cowboy Diamond in Lake Charles.

The Cajuns (16-5) scored in five different innings and had their second-highest hit outing of the season, after being limited to 14 combined hits in two weekend losses at Middle Tennessee.

"It felt good to come back and make adjustments," said designated hitter Scott Hawkins, who tripled and doubled in his first two at-bats and scored three times. "We had a meeting when we got back and we all talked about being more committed to hitting to the right side, and look at what it got us tonight."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

That was a huge win last night. Even though we won, our RPI dropped 4 spots to number 26. Just imagine how it would have dropped if we had lost.

As big as last night was, tonight is even bigger. We have to be able to win on the road, especially against teams like McNeese.

GEAUX CAJUNS.

8. UL Baseball Re: Ragin' Cajuns to face struggling Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    That was a huge win last night. Even though we won, our RPI dropped 4 spots to number 26. Just imagine how it would have dropped if we had lost.

As big as last night was, tonight is even bigger. We have to be able to win on the road, especially against teams like McNeese.

GEAUX CAJUNS.
    Just having McNeese State on the schedule hurts. The adjusted RPI dropped from .604 to .595, despite the win. Winning against a 3-21 team just does not help, unless your RPI is below 200.

With respect to the RPI, last night's game was more important since a loss at home to a Bottom 50 Base RPI team has a more detrimental effect than simply a road loss to the Cowboys. But make no mistake, winning tonight will result in another drop in the RPI. A rainout will be advantageous w/respect to the RPI.

Brian

9. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns to face struggling Cowboys

Anyone have pics of the red camo jerseys?

10. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns to face struggling Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    Anyone have pics of the red camo jerseys?
    The Advertiser has a gallery with pictures from the game. You can see the jerseys and hats pretty clearly in some.

Did they have the hats for sale in the gift shop? Earlier this season, they said they would have them.

Yes, the hats are for sale in the gift shop. However, in my opinion those jerseys and hats last night were extremely ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    Yes, the hats are for sale in the gift shop. However, in my opinion those jerseys and hats last night were extremely ugly.
    There's a reason that the ARMY football team doesn't where camoflauge jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Just having McNeese State on the schedule hurts. The adjusted RPI dropped from .604 to .595, despite the win. Winning against a 3-21 team just does not help, unless your RPI is below 200.

With respect to the RPI, last night's game was more important since a loss at home to a Bottom 50 Base RPI team has a more detrimental effect than simply a road loss to the Cowboys. But make no mistake, winning tonight will result in another drop in the RPI. A rainout will be advantageous w/respect to the RPI.

Brian
    20% chance of rain tonite.

14. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns to face struggling Cowboys

"A rainout will be advantageous w/respect to the RPI."

I've been generally complimentary to you and your knowledge of matters involving college baseball. And, to be clear, I understand the accuracy of what you've posted.

However, the quoted passage is, simply, not worthy of your standards.

15. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns to face struggling Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Chris V.
    "A rainout will be advantageous w/respect to the RPI."

I've been generally complimentary to you and your knowledge of matters involving college baseball. And, to be clear, I understand the accuracy of what you've posted.

However, the quoted passage is, simply, not worthy of your standards.
    Chris, some folks live and die with this rpi thing. Frankly, I don't understand it, other than it was dreamed up by someone to complicate matters. Obviously he/she was a good salesperson, because now rpi is almost a religion.
    I believe the most important thing here is that McNeese was projected in preseason to have a very good team. For whatever reasons it has not happened. Now how are you going to figure this in when making up a schedule.
    The next thing is that regardless of how our, or your, rpi translatesis I believe it is important in this part of the state to maintain our rivalry.
    Just my .02 worth!

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 . LastLast

Thread Information