Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

the pitching is just fine, you pitch a whole lot different with a big lead than you do when its close as we saw saturday. Its hard to pitch with a big lead b/c robe likes them to just throw strikes. Of course you are going to give up some runs when you pitch just strikes, but it allows the pitchers to save their arms and our defense to end the game quicker. when you are up by 10 there is no point to make the pitcher battle every batter. Try to get him to hit ground balls and pop flys to end the game.

I agree. Friday night when we were up 13-0 and they came back and scored 5, I told my podnuh that if it were a close game Robe would pull the pitcher. However, we were up by enough to give up a few runs and save our pitchers for the rest of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedsTabasco
    Last Wednesday against SLU was my first chance to see this year's version of the Cajun's play. It was good to see how Buddy battled in a couple of key situations in that game and come out on top. I have been listening on the internet the games I have missed and got to see us Friday nite against the ILLINI. This team is loaded in all facets of the game and has the potential to get better every time out. I have had previous Cajun players and some of their parents tell me the same thing.

What's just as encouraging to me is how I see this team's chemistry starting to form and the leadership it has. These ingredients that are a necessity, along with the talent, to be in contention - are present in this team. Robe and his Staff have all the ingredients they need to create whatever flavor is needed for the game at hand. I know the fans and the talk shows and the media and the message boards like to look down the road a bit - but I know these young men are focused on the next game, the next pitch, the next swing of the bat, the next base

We have a good team in this year's 2007 version - with the type of individuals on the roster, we have a chance to see a TEAM evolve and grow into what a TEAM is - in every aspect of that word.
    I also think they will improve over the next month, as they push each other with team depth. Lotta weapons on the team. When you can pinch run Logan in a tie game to win with Gisclair at the plate, you are in good shape. Pitching will keep them in nearly all games and win their share, and offensively they really shine, imo. It was comforting to see Hunter look so good. Illinois can really hit the ball.

We are really swinging the bat with authority this year. Everybody in the lineup is hitting the ball hard. That was one of my gripes in the last couple of years was that we played small ball too much, and that is necessary to an extent, but this year the coaching staff seems to be allowing the hitters to hit.

I agree with everybody else that this is the most complete TEAM we have had since the 1999 and 2000 teams. I know it is early, but we have a lot to be excited about.

By the way, the homeplate umpire on Sunday was the worst I have seen in years with regards to calling balls and strikes. I think that played a big part in Illinois hitting the ball hard on Sunday, especially late in the game. Although, those guys could really swing it.

5. UL Baseball Streaking Ragin' Cajuns to face La. Tech

A familiar face returns to Moore Field tonight, and he brings what he calls his best baseball team in five years with him.

Former UL assistant coach Wade Simoneaux, who moved north to take over head coaching duties at La. Tech five seasons ago, guides the 11-5 Bulldogs into a 6:30 p.m. matchup tonight with the unbeaten Ragin' Cajuns (8-0).

It's Simoneaux's first trip back to Moore Field since the Cajuns rolled the Bulldogs 10-0, 9-3 and 10-5 in a season-opening series in 2005.

"A couple of years ago, we weren't in a position to compete against the club they had," Simoneaux said. "But this year's team is the best we've had since I've been here."

The Bulldogs took a pair of wins over the Cajuns last year by 6-3 and 9-3 margins, and Cajun coach Tony Robichaux knows what he can expect from his friend and long-time coaching partner.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Streaking Ragin' Cajuns to face La. Tech

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    Too bad it's payback this year, Cajuns win 11-5

Default Re: Streaking Ragin' Cajuns to face La. Tech

hopefully we can have about 3500 to witness that 11-5 victory!

8. UL Baseball Baseball broadcast on Internet .

Is anyone getting the internet broadcast?

I was getting Stevie P's show this morning and all of the games this week. But I have been not able to tune in since this afternoon and the game is not coming in.

I am listening to Louisiana Tech's broadcast.

Cajuns lead 1-0 in the bottom of the first.

Brian

9. Default Re: Baseball broadcast on Internet .

I am not getting it either,

What is the link for La Tech's broadcast?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Baseball broadcast on Internet .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    I am not getting it either,

What is the link for La Tech's broadcast?
    I cant get it either. cr-ap

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Is anyone getting the internet broadcast?

Brian
    HERE WE GO AGAIN

http://www.espn993.com/

Click on the "LISTEN TO LOCAL SPORTS!" link, the 3rd from the top on the left side of the page.

Cajuns up 1-0. Middle 2nd.

13. UL Baseball Re: Baseball broadcast on Internet .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee

Click on the "LISTEN TO LOCAL SPORTS!" link, the 3rd from the top on the left side of the page.

CajunCherokee beat me to it. http://espn977.com/ also works.

I called in to Scott Prather today during the Bird's Eye View to let him know that the internet broadcast was down. It looks like nobody fixed it.

It seems that when Jay goes out of town, if things are broken they do not get fixed.

Brian

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thanks. I didn't know what was up, and just gave up. Glad you guys figured out the workaround.

Thanks. You too Brian.

Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information