Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO MIKE DESORMEAUX PLAYING BASEBALL FOR THE CAJUNS?
    I asked one of the baseball players that wednesday at Southeastern.
    They said Mike changed his mind since there was to be a new offensive coordinator, and likely a new offense.

Had we kept the old coordinator. it would have happened.

2. UL Baseball Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    The Cajuns will be fine. I think this is the deepest staff I have seen in a while. Illinois is a fine hitting team.

Southern Miss will be a nice test on the road. South Alabama may struggle a bit this year. They have not looked good thus far and are a bit shy in the pitching department. I think FAU and Troy will be the top contenders in the Sun Belt this year, along with the Cajuns.

Brian
    Oh my goodness. South Alabama is getting it handed to them again today. After getting shelled by Jacksonville at home 14-4 yesterday, Auburn leads South Alabama 20-5 in the bottom of the 8th. These games are at South Alabama.

A bit reminiscent of the game a couple of years ago when the Cajuns shelled Christenson to kindgom come in Lafayette.

Troy gave Southern Miss their first loss today 3-2.
    Florida Atlantic lost a tough one to Nebraska today 8-7.

Brian

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Oh my goodness. South Alabama is getting it handed to them again today. After getting shelled by Jacksonville at home 14-4 yesterday, Auburn leads South Alabama 20-5 in the bottom of the 8th. These games are at South Alabama.

A bit reminiscent of the game a couple of years ago when the Cajuns shelled Christenson to kindgom come in Lafayette.

Troy gave Southern Miss their first loss today 3-2.
    Florida Atlantic lost a tough one to Nebraska today 8-7.

Brian
    Brian, we knew Sal was gonna struggle this year. I look forward to the battles with FAU and TROY.

Z.

Especially after Southern Miss swept Troy in Hattiesburg early in the regular season.

Well, it was not the aces of the squads squaring off . but Troy beat Southern Miss 3-2 today to give the Golden Eagles their first loss of the season (7-1).

Brian
    I played high school ball with the guy who got the loss for USM, even though he is a bit older than me, it could not have happened to a better guy, haha.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918
    I played high school ball with the guy who got the loss for USM, even though he is a bit older than me, it could not have happened to a better guy, haha.
    LOL. That is funny.

Hopefully you'll have the same "warm and fuzzie" feeling nexr weekend!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    LOL. That is funny.

Hopefully you'll have the same "warm and fuzzie" feeling nexr weekend!

Z.
    Ha next weekend is a HUGE weekend for me I am up here thirty minutes away from USM. All my friends, die hard Eagle fans. If the Cajuns were to get beat, I will NEVER hear the end of it.

i hope ul brings a big crowd to southern miss. i know everyone here is looking forward to this series. it is going to big for both schools. i am not a big fan of our starting pitcher today either. our mid week pitchers are much better. but coach doesnt ask me

Quote Originally Posted by southernmiss
    i hope ul brings a big crowd to southern miss. i know everyone here is looking forward to this series. it is going to big for both schools. i am not a big fan of our starting pitcher today either. our mid week pitchers are much better. but coach doesnt ask me
    Thanks for stopping in, I think this is going to be a great weekend for the both of us. wish I could make it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Thanks for stopping in, I think this is going to be a great weekend for the both of us. wish I could make it out there.
    I am no expert, but just have a special feeling about this baseball team. Usually I am paying more attention to basketball this time of year, but now all focus is on baseball team. Deep pitching staff, good hitting, just seems to be a big year developing. Being able to win those midweek games with solid 4th and 5th starters is key to punching ticket to NCAAs again it seems. Last year, seemed like that is what did the Cajuns in - not enough pitching for mid-week games. I am excited!

10. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns sweep Fighting Illini with 10-7 victory

Performances usually improve with repetition, and UL's batting lineup is taking advantage of that axiom pretty well.

The Cajun hitters pushed across five runs in the bottom of the first inning Sunday and rode that bulge to a 10-7 baseball victory over Illinois at Moore Field, completing a weekend sweep of the Fighting Illini.

UL (8-0) had seven extra-base hits in an 11-hit attack Sunday, continuing its best start since 1994 and continuing one of its better offensive starts in recent history. The Cajuns are averaging exactly 10 runs per game in those first eight outings.

"We're a lot more focused and we're executing right now," said designated hitter Scott Hawkins, whose three-run homer ended the first-inning blitz. "We're moving runners over, we've been driving in runs with two outs and if somebody doesn't get it done there's always somebody right behind them."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

11. UL Baseball Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    Being able to win those midweek games with solid 4th and 5th starters is key to punching ticket to NCAAs again it seems. Last year, seemed like that is what did the Cajuns in - not enough pitching for mid-week games. I am excited!
    There are a number of things that kept the Cajuns out of the postseason last year. Had any *one* of them been favorable, it would have been a different story. Midweek games were a culprit. But the Cajuns could have lost several *more* midweek games, yet would have made the postseason with just one more conference regular season win. That said, I think the Cajuns were robbed last season. There are some folks on the selection committee that strongly believe the Cajuns should have been in the NCAA Tournament as well (and fought hard for the Cajuns' entry).

This season will be interesting with LSU down a bit and Tulane struggling to open the season. It could result in a regional up for grabs. If the Cajuns prove themselves in all phases of the season (midweek, conference, conference tournament, and W-L against the top teams), they could definitely be in the hunt.

Brian

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I am no expert, but just have a special feeling about this baseball team. Usually I am paying more attention to basketball this time of year, but now all focus is on baseball team. Deep pitching staff, good hitting, just seems to be a big year developing. Being able to win those midweek games with solid 4th and 5th starters is key to punching ticket to NCAAs again it seems. Last year, seemed like that is what did the Cajuns in - not enough pitching for mid-week games. I am excited!
    Glad to see you talk about something other than baseball. Not sure if the Cajuns willl be getting down to FIU/FAU this year, but make sure to go watch them.

I know some have commented about our pitching, and they have given up the big inning several times, but that will settle. In the next couple weeks, things will settle down with Moody getting a couple starts and getting right in the Friday night spot. The same will happen with Glass moving to the weekend. And I can see either one of Wilborn/Solich/Zorich earning the Sunday slot, with the others going out during the week. Tony said that the pitching staff ahsn't been this deep in a long time, which is good, but i hope that doesn't hurt us. He said on bitter's show a week ago or so that Farquar may be one of the best closer's in the nation. but yesterday, he didn't look like it. could be because he hasn't pitched live very much in the games, or maybe just becasue the ump wasn't giving him the outside of the plate. either way, we should end up settling in nicely, and getting hard and tested enough during the week, and through conference, that our pitching depth will won't go into shock when they have to beat a real team, on Sunday of a regional, in a win or go home type of game.

It all goes back to UALR. Our closer blew a nine run lead. Kept us from sweeping. I wonder what was on his mind? Certainly wasnt going to class.

Z

I watched this weekend. They just plain pound the ball.

UL Baseball Re: ILL@UL Game 3 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    I watched this weekend. They just plain pound the ball.
    Last Wednesday against SLU was my first chance to see this year's version of the Cajun's play. It was good to see how Buddy battled in a couple of key situations in that game and come out on top. I have been listening on the internet the games I have missed and got to see us Friday nite against the ILLINI. This team is loaded in all facets of the game and has the potential to get better every time out. I have had previous Cajun players and some of their parents tell me the same thing.

What's just as encouraging to me is how I see this team's chemistry starting to form and the leadership it has. These ingredients that are a necessity, along with the talent, to be in contention - are present in this team. Robe and his Staff have all the ingredients they need to create whatever flavor is needed for the game at hand. I know the fans and the talk shows and the media and the message boards like to look down the road a bit - but I know these young men are focused on the next game, the next pitch, the next swing of the bat, the next base

We have a good team in this year's 2007 version - with the type of individuals on the roster, we have a chance to see a TEAM evolve and grow into what a TEAM is - in every aspect of that word.

Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information