Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst . 64 71 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,103 of 1103

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL-UNO Game

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ As I stated last week, if a loss occurs, it does not matter when it occurs (this weekend or in the conference tournament) . except if it happens in the tournament finals (which means no conference championship). The Cajuns still need to win the conference tournament to have a shot at a #1 seed.
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/ragin.s?msg=24939.18

Hosting is an entirely different discussion and is dependent on a variety of things. This earlier post in this thread still applies .
    https://forumeus.com/sh.72&postcount=4

Brian _
    Brian,

As per CajunProud's followup question. what is your take on Buddy Glass? I see him as a necessity for a successful regional run (not so much Sunbelt). Are you aware if he is just getting re-acclimated, or is he doubtful?

You seem to be a facts-based person, but I would appreciate your personal insight on Buddy and our pitching in the postseason. Thanks.

2. UL Baseball Re: UL-UNO Game

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Brian,

As per CajunProud's followup question. what is your take on Buddy Glass? I see him as a necessity for a successful regional run (not so much Sunbelt). Are you aware if he is just getting re-acclimated, or is he doubtful?

You seem to be a facts-based person, but I would appreciate your personal insight on Buddy and our pitching in the postseason. Thanks.
    Well, I think Buddy's Dad could best answer that question. But I know that when you are forced to lay off for a while, you will begin to lose your command. If you lay off too long, you will lose both strength (velocity) and command. But it affects different pitchers differently. Assuming that Buddy feels he has his strength back and mostly has his normal velocity, I think he just needs some work in game situations to get that command back. I think that the conference tournament will be important in that regard. You want him to have that confidence before throwing him into a regional situation.

So, I do think that it is necessary for him to throw in the Sun Belt Tournament. But only to get ready for the regionals. And yes, I do not think that the Cajuns win a road regional without Buddy being back.

Brian

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Well, I think Buddy's Dad could best answer that question. But I know that when you are forced to lay off for a while, you will begin to lose your command. If you lay off too long, you will lose both strength (velocity) and command. But it affects different pitchers differently. Assuming that Buddy feels he has his strength back and mostly has his normal velocity, I think he just needs some work in game situations to get that command back. I think that the conference tournament will be important in that regard. You want him to have that confidence before throwing him into a regional situation.

So, I do think that it is necessary for him to throw in the Sun Belt Tournament. But only to get ready for the regionals. And yes, I do not think that the Cajuns win a road regional without Buddy being back.

Brian _
    Thanks Brian. I think likewise, but have no direct knowledge of Buddy's condition.

_ Well, I think Buddy's Dad could best answer that question. But I know that when you are forced to lay off for a while, you will begin to lose your command. If you lay off too long, you will lose both strength (velocity) and command. But it affects different pitchers differently. Assuming that Buddy feels he has his strength back and mostly has his normal velocity, I think he just needs some work in game situations to get that command back. I think that the conference tournament will be important in that regard. You want him to have that confidence before throwing him into a regional situation.

Brian _
    I'd comment but I'm in quiet seclusion in a dark room. Actually Brian is correct regarding Buddy. He is fine physically. The secondary pitches are good. Velocity is good, I'm told. Fastball command is not. That is what hurt yesterday. Hopefully he can get that back in time to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    _ I'd comment but I'm in quiet seclusion in a dark room. Actually Brian is correct regarding Buddy. He is fine physically. The secondary pitches are good. Velocity is good, I'm told. Fastball command is not. That is what hurt yesterday. Hopefully he can get that back in time to help out. _
    Thanks for your input Dad04. I'm glad to hear Buddy's healthy. I hope that he finds his command and location, and gets to contribute in this postseason. We need him. but he's already a champion in my mind, regardless if he makes it back in time.

This is so COOL Re: UL-UNO Game

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    _ I'd comment but I'm in quiet seclusion in a dark room. Actually Brian is correct regarding Buddy. He is fine physically. The secondary pitches are good. Velocity is good, I'm told. Fastball command is not. That is what hurt yesterday. Hopefully he can get that back in time to help out. _
    That is great to hear. So glad he is not hurting physically, but I could see a great deal of anguish on his face in the broadcast. Tell him we all support him.

Default Re: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball Season (Still in Progress)

Thanks

Default Re: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball Season (Still in Progress)

If Buddy is fine physically I would throw him in game 3 of the tourney regardless of Saturday's outing.Buddy needs to remain one of our starters for a lot of reasons. One is he is one of our best three and I think it will just take some time to get back in the groove. If he gets rocked again so be it. Bring him back out in the regionals. I think between here and Omaha Buddy will become Buddy again.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst . 64 71 72 73 74

Thread Information