Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst . 63 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1103

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    _ totally off subject, but I needed to reply to choppie

Heard about your little dream. You need to lay off the drugs. Seriously! _
    It was awesome. We won 22-21 on a last second two point conversion (Bustle went for the win. It's all about the W). The kicker was, that the game was played AT Cajun Field. I woke up smilingone of the best dreams I ever had.

2. Default 40 WINS

40-13,

With a 3-1 win over UNO. Moody and Laughter combined to mow em down.

Moody goes 6 complete and Laughter pitches 3 strong innings in relief.

Now complete the sweep tomorrow and finish what we started.

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: 40 WINS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    _ 40-13,

With a 3-1 win over UNO. Moody and Laughter combined to mow em down.

Moody goes 6 complete and Laughter pitches 3 strong innings in relief.

Geaux Cajuns _
    Is it wrong to lose the tourny?
    Will it actually get the cajuns a host even if the cajuns win it?
    is it better just to give ur guys a break and rest them for a couple of weeks?
    my arm is tired just thinking about how much they have thrown over the season.
    i'm glad ROBE has to make these decisions, but the tourny doesn't seem like a whole lot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun
    _ Is it wrong to lose the tourny?
    i'm glad ROBE has to make these decisions, but the tourny doesn't seem like a whole lot right now. _
    When this team wins the tourny, they will host a regional.

i'm glad ROBE has to make these decisions, but the tourny doesn't seem like a whole lot right now. _
    There is no way Tony pulls on the reins now. He has been preparing them for this time for several weeks. If you had heard any of the interviews he has given, you would know that he has told the players how important it is to finish strong. This team is fighting for a #1 regional seed, it is necessary for them to continue the dominance they have had in the league and win the tournament.

6. UL Baseball Re: 40 WINS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    I heard dat .

Brian

7. Default Re: 40 WINS

Look at what happened to Dallas Mavericks after they cruised through the last month of regular season. They lost to a team that had to win 9 out of 10 just to qualify. I know that basketball and baseball are different, but I think its better to continue strong towards the end no matter how good you are. I would hate see the Cajuns lose two games off top just because the guys were out of sync or whatever. Boy, I sure do hope we host a regional.

8. UL Baseball UL's win streak now at 8

NEW ORLEANS - UL's baseball team went to a tried and true formula Friday night, and the result was yet another Sun Belt Conference victory.

That's eight in a row now for the 28th-ranked Cajuns, who got solid starting and relief pitching and strung together key hits in a 3-1 win over New Orleans at UNO's Maestri Field.

Hunter Moody scattered six hits over six innings and Andrew Laughter was nearly perfect in three relief innings, while the Cajuns rallied from a 1-0 deficit with a pair of runs in the fifth inning and a solo run on Nolan Gisclair's sacrifice fly in the sixth.

That was all the Cajun mound staff needed.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Not a baseball person but

I was curious as to what would have to happen for us to host a regional or super regional. This is the point where I jump on the bandwagon and can get into baseball

This is so COOL Re: 40 WINS

You cannot rest, and improve. You need the fire of competition. I would think he would take the opportunity to rest injured players who might otherwise go.

11. UL Baseball Re: Not a baseball person but

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    I was curious as to what would have to happen for us to host a regional or super regional. This is the point where I jump on the bandwagon and can get into baseball
    There are several threads and posts that discuss this. Here is one .

https://forumeus.com/sh.72&postcount=4

Brian

Default UL-UNO Game

Cajuns are having a terrible game so far today. Down 8-3 in the top of the 5th, with 4 Cajun errors. Not a good day. Glass really got rocked to start the game. The first 4 UNO batters got a hit to go along with a UL error put the Privateers up 3-0 in the first inning. In the 4th, Solich had back-to-back errors on sac bunts to load the bases with no outs. UNO got 4 runs in the inning. Maybe the Cajuns can get this thing going in the right direction again today. C'mon, Cajuns, ALLONS!!!

Default Re: UL-UNO Game

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    _ Cajuns are having a terrible game so far today. Down 8-3 in the top of the 5th, with 4 Cajun errors. Not a good day. Glass really got rocked to start the game. The first 4 UNO batters got a hit to go along with a UL error put the Privateers up 3-0 in the first inning. In the 4th, Solich had back-to-back errors on sac bunts to load the bases with no outs. UNO got 4 runs in the inning. Maybe the Cajuns can get this thing going in the right direction again today. C'mon, Cajuns, ALLONS!!! _
    They are playing TERRIBLY

I stopped listening, it hurt too much

Default Re: UL-UNO Game

Does this loss mean that we have lost all hope of hosting a regional?

Also, what is the status of Glass? How does he feel?

15. UL Baseball Re: UL-UNO Game

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    Does this loss mean that we have lost all hope of hosting a regional?

Also, what is the status of Glass? How does he feel?
    As I stated last week, if a loss occurs, it does not matter when it occurs (this weekend or in the conference tournament) . except if it happens in the tournament finals (which means no conference championship). The Cajuns still need to win the conference tournament to have a shot at a #1 seed.
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/ragin.s?msg=24939.18

Hosting is an entirely different discussion and is dependent on a variety of things. This earlier post in this thread still applies .
    https://forumeus.com/sh.72&postcount=4

Brian

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst . 63 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast

Thread Information