Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst . 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1103

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    Farquar goes the distance and wins 5-4 in the opener!!!

39-13

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!! _
    And strikes out 13! Career high!

2. UL Baseball Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

I would have lost a bet, not on the win but on going the distance. Yeah Danny.

Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

After this Saturday, I'll never watch a UNO baseball game on CST.

Player of the game- pitcher from UNO
    Play of the game- UNO pitcher striking someone out
    Some other award- gave to a UNO player

You'd swear UNO won the game.

Congrats Cajuns! 2 more to go this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    _ I would have lost a bet, not on the win but on going the distance. Yeah Danny. _
    I say give Danny the save too.

5. UL Baseball Farquhar battles for 5-4 victory

NEW ORLEANS - Danny Farquhar admitted he didn't have his best stuff in Thursday night's first two innings.

The mistake that New Orleans' Privateers made was not making him pay for his early struggles.

UL's sophomore righthander settled in quite nicely, retiring 14 straight batters at one point, and turned in the first complete game by a Ragin' Cajun pitcher this year as the Cajuns took a 5-4 victory over the host Privateers in the opening game of their Sun Belt Conference series.

Farquhar (6-3) struck out a career high 13 batters, two of them in the ninth inning when UNO plated two runs on two hits and a passed ball. With only the one-run advantage, Farquhar retired the last three batters to give the Cajuns (39-13, 22-6) their seventh straight win.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

6. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns move one step closer to 40 wins

NEW ORLEANS - UL's baseball squad had already locked up the Sun Belt Conference regular-season title before Thursday's 5-4 win over New Orleans, but the victory kept the Cajuns' hopes alive for an unbeaten string to finish the season - and possibly an NCAA bonus.

UL (39-13) can reach one goal of getting to 40 wins before 15 losses with a win in tonight's 6:30 p.m. contest at Maestri Field. The teams wrap up the regular season at 3 p.m. Saturday.

"It's very important not to let up," said Cajun first baseman Matt Casbon, whose fourth-inning two-run single gave the Cajuns the lead for good Thursday night. "With the RPI the way it is, we know we need to keep winning. People know that we're not going to give up so we have to keep playing hard."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

7. UL Baseball Opponents Vewi: UL holds off Privateers

Farquhar pitches complete game in win Friday,

Both starters combined for 23 strikeouts, but it was Louisiana-Lafayette's Danny Farquhar who pitched the complete game as the Rajin' Cajuns prevailed 5-4 against UNO at Maestri Field on Thursday.

Farquhar baffled the Privateers by retiring 13 consecutive batters and striking out a career-high 13.

"He was really changing his arm angles on us," UNO Coach Tom Walter said. "He's really good, and you can't take that away from him, but obviously when you allow someone to strikeout 13 against you its not good. But he was outstanding."

Farquhar ran into trouble in the bottom of the ninth inning when consecutive hits by Johnny Giavotella and T.J. Baxter put the Privateers in scoring position with no outs.

The rest of the story

Michael Arvites
    Times Picayune

8. Default Re: Farquhar battles for 5-4 victory

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    _ _
    Danny was fantastic last night and sets us up tonight and tommorow to have a full staff vs UNO.

Moody and Glass to start the next two, but we have Laughter, Pilgreen, Solich, Zorich, Mickles, Robichaux, Harmon and Wilbourne available to help out. If Hunter can give us 6 good innings tonight and Pilgreen can finish the game, can you imagine how we will be set up with Glass on Saturday.

Geaux Cajuns----41-13 sounds great to finish the regular season, not to mention 22-6 in the SBC.

We have a legitimate chance at going into the regional with a 44-13 record on the season.

PS Geaux Cajuns

PSS Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    _ After this Saturday, I'll never watch a UNO baseball game on CST.

Congrats Cajuns! 2 more to go this weekend! _
    It was a UNO telecast that was broadcast statewide. UNO's radio play by play man was the play by play man for the game. It had advertisers sold by UNO.

When we televise a game locally, the player of the game is always a Cajun whether we win or not. The only difference in this case was the game was broadcast statewide.

On Saturday, Cox will show the game and it will be two ESPN announcers with advertising sold by the Sun Belt. It will be a much different telecast.

10. Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    _ After this Saturday, I'll never watch a UNO baseball game on CST.

Congrats Cajuns! 2 more to go this weekend! _
    The announcers weren't the best either.I learned a lot about the color commentator's dog which in his words "has the IQ of an artichoke" and something about old time TV's being used as gun sights in WWII era planes.

I was impressed by both of the pitchers in the game. That kid from UNO had our number and I was surprised that they pulled him after 7. I kind of felt sorry for that other pitcher they sent in. We scored 3 runs on him and didn't hit a ball out of the infieldthat being said, CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS FIND A WAY TO WIN GAMES.

Geaux Cajuns

This is so COOL Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Choppie29
    _ The announcers weren't the best either.I learned a lot about the color commentator's dog which in his words "has the IQ of an artichoke" and something about old time TV's being used as gun sights in WWII era planes.

I was impressed by both of the pitchers in the game. That kid from UNO had our number and I was surprised that they pulled him after 7. I kind of felt sorry for that other pitcher they sent in. We scored 3 runs on him and didn't hit a ball out of the infieldthat being said, CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS FIND A WAY TO WIN GAMES.

Geaux Cajuns _
    Ron Swoboda knows a lot about baseball, and if you even paid a little attention to the game you would have been given valuable insights into hitting, fielding, pitching, and situational baseball. He was a starter on the 69 Miracle Mets, a major league player for about 8 years, has been the Zephyr announcer, and a sports anchor. After the game and some comments I went back and reviewed the broadcast. It confirmed he was very complimentary to UL, Danny, and Robe. He is paid by UNO to do the games of course he will support their efforts.

No their announcers do not approach BOP, Don Allen and the likes that we have been blessed with over the years. You guys are spoiled and do not know how lousy most other announcer teams are.

12. Default Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Ron Swoboda knows a lot about baseball, and if you even paid a little attention to the game you would have been given valuable insights into hitting, fielding, pitching, and situational baseball.
    He did have some good insight, especially when we pulled off the squeeze play in the 8th inning, and he questioned why UNO didn't bring their infield since there were "no outs" in the inning. There was actually one out (Lucroy grounded out earlier in the 8th). I am not saying the guy didn't know his baseball, I just thought the broadcast was lacking. It was nice to get to see the game at all, since I couldn't make the trip to New Orleans.

And yes, I think we are very spoiled with the way that BOP and Stevie P cover baseball and softball.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs. UNO game 1

_ He did have some good insight, especially when we pulled off the squeeze play in the 8th inning, and he questioned why UNO didn't bring their infield since there were "no outs" in the inning. There was actually one out (Lucroy grounded out earlier in the 8th). I am not saying the guy didn't know his baseball, I just thought the broadcast was lacking. It was nice to get to see the game at all, since I couldn't make the trip to New Orleans.

And yes, I think we are very spoiled with the way that BOP and Stevie P cover baseball and softball. _
    What is the game time for today?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    _ What is the game time for today? _
    6:30

_ The announcers weren't the best either.I learned a lot about the color commentator's dog which in his words "has the IQ of an artichoke" and something about old time TV's being used as gun sights in WWII era planes.

Geaux Cajuns _
    totally off subject, but I needed to reply to choppie

Heard about your little dream. You need to lay off the drugs. Seriously!

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst . 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast

Thread Information