Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst . 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

UL Baseball Re: Sun Devils get playoff preview, Both baseball teams possible top seeds

UL 2
    ASU 8
    FINAL

2. UL Baseball Friday: Arizona State takes 8-2 win over UL

One or two pitches made a big difference Friday night, and because of that the ninth-ranked Arizona State Sun Devils took an 8-2 win over UL in the first game of their three-game baseball series at Packard Stadium in Tempe, Ariz.

ASU (30-10) led 2-1 and had the bases loaded in the bottom of the fourth inning, but Cajun starter Buddy Glass twice thought he had recorded a strikeout of outfielder Tim Smith to get out of the jam. Both pitches - coming with 2-2 and 3-2 counts - were called balls by plate umpire Kelly Gonzales, the second of them forcing in a run.

Sun Devil first baseman Brett Wallace followed with a two-run single, giving the hosts a three run inning and a 5-1 advantage to the delight of the 3,587 on hand.

The Cajuns cut the difference to 5-2 minutes later when Matt Hicks hit his third home run in as many games, a solo shot to lead off the sixth inning, but that was as close as the 25th-ranked Cajuns (29-10) would get.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

3. UL Baseball Ragin Rally can't overcome 10 run lead

A late comeback fell short in the final two innings, and UL's 25th-ranked baseball squad fell to ninth-ranked Arizona State for the second straight night.

The host Sun Devils bolted out to an 11-1 lead through six innings and held on when the Cajuns brought the tying run to the plate in the ninth inning, taking an 11-8 victory to take a 2-0 lead in the weekend series.

ASU (31-10) plated five runs in the first two innings off Cajun starter Hunter Moody (5-3), and then added five runs in the sixth against UL's bullpen before little-used Kyle Mickles came on to silence the Devils over the final two and one-third innings.

Over the final two innings, it became the Cajuns' turn to take advantage of a bullpen after ASU starter Josh Salow (9-2) departed. Salow allowed only three hits and fanned 11 in seven innings, giving up only one third-inning run on an infield grounder.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

4. UL Baseball Satow fans 11, ASU baseball streak hits 10

Louisiana-Lafayette baseball coach Tony Robichaux raged enough at first base umpire Mark Denzin to be ejected in the third inning of an 11-8 loss to Arizona State.

His real beef Saturday was with his Ragin' Cajuns, who in the first two innings compiled an error, two hit batters, a balk, two walks and two unearned runs in falling behind 5-0.

No wonder Robichaux was out of patience when Denzin called Kolin Hatfield out on appeal for not touching first base on a leadoff double. The 13th-year coach said enough magic words to earn the rest of the night off at Packard Stadium, where 2,701 watched ASU (31-10) extend its season-high win streak to 10. advertisement

Hatfield made a point of stomping first on a single in the fifth. Four pitches later, he was doubled off when third baseman CJ Retherford stabbed a line drive.

The rest of the story

Jeff Metcalfe
    The Arizona Republic

Default The DA does it again

Unless I overlooked it twice, I could not find anything in the Sunday SADvertizer about our baseball team.

What a joke we have for a newspaper (assuming one wishes to call it that)!

Default Re: Satow fans 11, ASU baseball streak hits 10

I was interested to see how we would do this weekend against a regional type team. So far not to good. I knew this team could hit, but I thought buddy and hunter would kind of keep them in check. Now unless we get a gem from Solich which probably won't happen, we might be starting a little slide. Lamar won't be that easy of a game in beaumont, always have a hard time over there.

Default Re: Ragin Rally can't overcome 10 run lead

About to be swept this should end all the talk about being a #1 seed and a host site.

8. UL Baseball Re: Ragin Rally can't overcome 10 run lead

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft
    _ About to be swept this should end all the talk about being a #1 seed and a host site. _
    That is OK

The missed bag call is HUGE. Their starter gets pulled an inning sooner and UL wins.

jmo

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ About to be swept this should end all the talk about being a #1 seed and a host site. _
    Are you a fan of any particular team (college)? Just curious.

Default Re: The DA does it again

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    Unless I overlooked it twice, I could not find anything in the Sunday SADvertizer about our baseball team.

What a joke we have for a newspaper (assuming one wishes to call it that)!

the game finished at 11:00 or later. If I understand correctly, it was too late to have results by print time.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

About to be swept this should end all the talk about being a #1 seed and a host site.
    Maybe so, but it wont stop the banter on this board about you being mentally challenged.

Get that GED yet?

Z.

12. UL Baseball Re: Satow fans 11, ASU baseball streak hits 10

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79
    I was interested to see how we would do this weekend against a regional type team. So far not to good. I knew this team could hit, but I thought buddy and hunter would kind of keep them in check. Now unless we get a gem from Solich which probably won't happen, we might be starting a little slide. Lamar won't be that easy of a game in beaumont, always have a hard time over there.
    Arizona State is not just a regional type team. They are a regional championship type team with an excellent chance to advance to the CWS. This Sun Devil team is capable of beating anyone in the country. And the Cajuns are playing them at their place.

I think Buddy did well against ASU. If you expected him to hold the Sun Devils to two or three runs, then your expectations were misplaced (I would not expect this from David Price). This team cannot just hit. They are simply the best hitting team and offense in the country. And the best I have seen in some time. There are no holes in this lineup. They keep pressure on you every single inning.

Solich may or may not get the start (they could decide to give it to Farquhar). If Solich starts, Farquhar will be in at the first sign of trouble. An ideal scenario would be for Solich to give them a couple of innings as I believe Farquhar could finish. But expect even Farquhar to get knocked around some. The Cajuns will probably need to score six to eight runs to win this game. Maybe more.

Brian

13. UL Baseball UL VS ASU 9-6 asu

I will be out for about the first hour and a half (away from streaming), but I will have my Blackberry with me.

Thanks,
    Brian

Default Re: Satow fans 11, ASU baseball streak hits 10

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Solich may or may not get the start (they could decide to give it to Farquhar). If Solich starts, Farquhar will be in at the first sign of trouble. An ideal scenario would be for Solich to give them a couple of innings as I believe Farquhar could finish. But expect even Farquhar to get knocked around some. The Cajuns will probably need to score six to eight runs to win this game. Maybe more.

Brian
    Jay confirmed on Delphi that Danny will get the start today.

15. Default Re: Ragin Rally can't overcome 10 run lead

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ Maybe so, but it wont stop the banter on this board about you being mentally challenged.

Get that GED yet?

Z. _
    I understand he was unable, even with assistance, to complete the application form for his GED. Thus, no shot at a GED!

Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst . 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 . LastLast

Thread Information