Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst . 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. UL Baseball Re: Sun Devils get playoff preview, Both baseball teams possible top seeds

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    Murphy has long felt that the RPI unfairly penalizes Western teams because of the strength of schedule they are forced to play due partly to geographic issues.
    Either the writer does not understand the RPI and did not capture Murphy's thoughts correctly or Murphy does not understand the RPI. Or both. The RPI does not unfairly penalize teams because of strength of schedule (the RPI practically is SOS). It can hurt teams that play in strong regions that play a substantial number of their games within their region (connectivity with the rest of the country is low). This results in a sort of cannibalization. However, this is less of an issue this season as it has been in the past. Meaning that the overall connectivity numbers are improving.

Brian

Default Re: Sun Devils get playoff preview, Both baseball teams possible top seeds

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ he said that strength of schedule was 71. _
    thank you for the correction

Default Re: Sun Devils get playoff preview, Both baseball teams possible top seeds

Hopefully the Coach and reporter get a feel for the RPI effect of dropping two or three this weekend.

4. UL Baseball Re: Sun Devils get playoff preview, Both baseball teams possible top seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    Hopefully the Coach and reporter get a feel for the RPI effect of dropping two or three this weekend.
    Let's get it started tonight . What does Buddy think about this lineup?

It will be interesting to see if Coach Murphy gives freshman Mike Leake (the one right-handed starter) the Friday night start again.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ Let's get it started tonight . What does Buddy think about this lineup?

It will be interesting to see if Coach Murphy gives freshman Mike Leake (the one right-handed starter) the Friday night start again.

Brian _
    I know they have video of recent ASU games they are studying. I'll ask. That Satow kid looked really good against USC or maybe it was Stanford?

6. Default Re: Sun Devils get playoff preview, Both baseball teams possible top seeds

_ I know they have video of recent ASU games they are studying. I'll ask. That Satow kid looked really good against USC or maybe it was Stanford? _
    I had the good fortune of seeing ASU play a couple of early season games in Houston this year. I know hitters can be ahead of pitching early in the year, but ASU was one of the best offensive clubs I have seen.

The foresight in scheduling this series now affords the Cajuns a great opportunity to "settle things on the field" and get noticed by the national media. Kudos to Robe for bypassing a home series this weekend against an also-rand and making this trip. However it works out, these games will greatly benefit us in Regional play.

Is ASU returning the series in Lafayette in coming years?

Geaux Cajuns

The team has the utmost respect for ASU.

8. UL Baseball Re: Sun Devils get playoff preview, Both baseball teams possible top seeds

I know they have video of recent ASU games they are studying. I'll ask. That Satow kid looked really good against USC or maybe it was Stanford?
    You are thinking of the 10-0 shutout of USC that was on TV. Yes, Satow was sharp. Excellent command. I believe the only Stanford contest that was broadcast was game #3 of the series held on a Saturday. Brian Flores pitched in that game and pitched well. Nolan Gallagher of Stanford really struggled with his control. He can throw it 93+, but does not always know where it is going.

Brian

9. UL Baseball Re: Sun Devils get playoff preview, Both baseball teams possible top seeds

Quote Originally Posted by HTownCajunII
    I had the good fortune of seeing ASU play a couple of early season games in Houston this year. I know hitters can be ahead of pitching early in the year, but ASU was one of the best offensive clubs I have seen.

The foresight in scheduling this series now affords the Cajuns a great opportunity to "settle things on the field" and get noticed by the national media. Kudos to Robe for bypassing a home series this weekend against an also-rand and making this trip. However it works out, these games will greatly benefit us in Regional play.

Is ASU returning the series in Lafayette in coming years?

Geaux Cajuns
    It is my opinion that Arizona State has the best offense in college baseball this season.

I heard Jay mention that there was not a return agreement.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ It is my opinion that Arizona State has the best offense in college baseball this season.

I heard Jay mention that there was not a return agreement.

Brian _
    If there is not a return agreement, I think that stinks. However, we still need to play series like this every year, whether we get a return visit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    _ If there is not a return agreement, I think that stinks. However, we still need to play series like this every year, whether we get a return visit or not. _
    This series wasn't set until the summer. We originally had a home series vs. a real dog scheduled. Coach Murphy was pretty good in cancelling a series and giving us a pretty good guarantee to make the trip.

Next year during our bye week we are playing at Nebraska. And, because we were able to do it early enough, Nebraska will open the 09 season at the Tigue with a four game series.

From what I remember, the next few schedules will be very impressive both home and away.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    _ This series wasn't set until the summer. We originally had a home series vs. a real dog scheduled. Coach Murphy was pretty good in cancelling a series and giving us a pretty good guarantee to make the trip.

Next year during our bye week we are playing at Nebraska. And, because we were able to do it early enough, Nebraska will open the 09 season at the Tigue with a four game series. _
    That is awesome.

I think the program is at a pivotal point where we can really get to the "next level." It starts, in my opinion, with winning series like the one this weekend and continuing to challenge ourselves with games against Houston, Southern Miss, etc. We also need to start making post season every 3 out of 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    _ That is awesome.

I think the program is at a pivotal point where we can really get to the "next level." It starts, in my opinion, with winning series like the one this weekend and continuing to challenge ourselves with games against Houston, Southern Miss, etc. We also need to start making post season every 3 out of 4 years. _
    How about post season every year??!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    _ From what I remember, the next few schedules will be very impressive both home and away. _
    I'm hoping for U. of Cozumel

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst . 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 . LastLast

Thread Information