Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: Ragin’ Cajuns Fall to Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns67
    _ what cost us the game was not hitting after the second inning _

I wasn't there, but from the sound of it on the radio, the umpiring was horrible.

But I agree with you 100% as to why we lost. We need to stay focused. Bad umpiring is no excuse for not hitting. That is a mental flaw. If we expect to go far in the post season, we will have to become mentally tougher at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    _ serious bruise, he will be OK! _
    Was it his throwing hand?

Quote Originally Posted by barry0
    _ Does anyone know the status of J Robicheaux's hand after he got hit? _
    i don't know for sure but i heard that it's still connected to his arm

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    _ i don't know for sure but i heard that it's still connected to his arm _
    He is a right-handed batter. It is probably his left or glove hand, which faces the pitcher when he bats.

what cost us the game was not hitting after the second inning
    Be that as it may, getting screwed out of a couple big calls can be a real drag on moral.

_ what cost us the game was not hitting after the second inning _
    what cost us the game was not having enough meat!

7. UL Baseball Re: Ragin’ Cajuns Fall to Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by keithj
    Be that as it may, getting screwed out of a couple big calls can be a real drag on moral.
    . or it can fire a team up.

Brian

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    what cost us the game was not having enough meat!
    uuuhhhhhmmmyou really need to explain your statement, old buddy!

Z.

UL Baseball Ul Takes Game 1 Vs Troy.

CAJUNS overcome a 3-0 deficit in the top of the 5th inning getting 7 runs on an amazing 2-out rally, and then get 6 more runs in the top of the 8th to beat Troy 13-3!!!

WAY TO GEEEAAAUUUX CAJUNS!!!!!

UL Baseball Re: Ul Takes Game 1 Vs Troy.

Very nice cause Troy worried me.

11. UL Baseball Two Big Innings Power Cajuns to 13-3 Victory

TROY, Ala.-Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns (27-8, 12-4 SBC) baseball team opened a three-game road Sun Belt Conference series with a 13-3 victory over defending conference champions Troy (19-15, 7-6 SBC) on Friday night at Riddle-Pace Field.

After being shutout for the first four innings, the Cajuns broke the game open in the fifth inning as they scored seven runs with two outs in the inning.

Offensively, the Cajuns collected 11 hits on the night compared to just six for the Trojans.

Four Ragin’ Cajuns collected multiple hits on the night and Scott Hawkins made his only hit of the evening count as he hit his 10th homer of the season.

Jonathan Lucroy extended his team-leading hitting streak to 12 games as he collected a pair of doubles to go along with three RBI.

The Cajuns kept the Trojans at bay with a pair of superb pitching performances from Buddy Glass and Danny Farquhar.

Glass (7-1) worked 6.1 innings scattering six hits and not allowing an extra base hit. He surrendered three unearned runs. He walked three batters but struck out five to earn his seventh win of the season.

The rest of the story

Chris Whitehead
    RaginCajuns.com

12. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns ride two big innings to victory

They may have scored in only two innings, but that was more than enough for UL's baseball team to open a pivotal Sun Belt Conference series in a big way Friday night.

The Ragin' Cajuns put up seven runs in the fifth inning and added six more insurance runs in the eighth, rallying from a 3-0 deficit to post a 13-3 victory over defending Sun Belt champion Troy in the opening game of a three-game weekend series at Riddle-Pace Field in Troy, Ala.

Starting pitcher Buddy Glass and reliever Danny Farquhar didn't allow an earned run while checking the heavy-hitting Trojans on six hits, while UL's offense lit up Trojan starter Joe Hallahan for seven runs after two were out in the fifth.

The top five spots in the batting order combined for eight hits, but Cajun head coach Tony Robichaux credited seven-eight-nine hitters Matt Hicks, Xavier Alexander and Devon Bourque for their roles in the big innings. Hicks scored twice and knocked in one run, Alexander had two hits and three RBI and Bourque scored twice and drew three walks.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

UL Baseball What gives? Never mind Cajuns winning

I don't know hat made me check the web on a noon saturday but the Cajuns are playing early and let me tell the Ragin Cajun faithful Moody is regaining his 2006 form.

8th
    UL 3
    TU 0

Default Re: What gives? Never mind Cajuns winning

Top 8th

UL 4
    Troy 0

Cajun faithful in Troy have been VERY LOUD all weekend!

UL Baseball Re: What gives? Never mind Cajuns winning

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    _ Cajun faithful in Troy have been VERY LOUD all weekend! _
    I haven't heard the whole game but the pro UL cheers at times surprised me. Unless Troy fans don't understand baseball

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 . LastLast

Thread Information