Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: Tony Robichaux interview begins anew

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Personally I love the Saturday discussions between Mr Bitter and coach Robichaux. I think Mr. Bitter does us fans a great service. The simple consistency and longevity of the interview is impressive.

If you can't wait for Saturday CajunFan8301 is reporting (on delphi) "Coach will visit KPEL am ON FRIDAY morning at 8 AM. Check it out."
    Turbine-I agree. I enjoy listening to Tony an hour a week during baseball season. I also find Saturday mornings a convenient time to do it. I think Bitter does a pretty good job of asking Tony questions because he gives Tony a great opportunity to explain a lot of things about baseball, the program and why he does things the way he does.

2. UL Baseball Re: Tony Robichaux interview begins anew

I'm hoping someone can clue me into how to listen to Robe over the net on Saturday mornings these days. In previous years I was able to use the link at RaginCajuns.com to get to the broadcast. These days, since the University apparently doesn't see fit to maintain a respectable athletic website, I went straight to the espn1420 site. From that site, I went in circles on a weareradio.com webiste but could not access the broadcast. Through another method I wound up with a feed from a hip-hop station.

I appreciate any direction you guys may be able to provide to a Baseball seasaon ticket holder in Houston, as the internet feed is my only link to most baseball games. I also agree with above in that the Sat mornings interviews with Robe are the most informative on college baseball I have been able to find.

Quote Originally Posted by HTownCajunII
    I'm hoping someone can clue me into how to listen to Robe over the net on Saturday mornings these days. In previous years I was able to use the link at RaginCajuns.com to get to the broadcast. These days, since the University apparently doesn't see fit to maintain a respectable athletic website, I went straight to the espn1420 site. From that site, I went in circles on a weareradio.com webiste but could not access the broadcast. Through another method I wound up with a feed from a hip-hop station.

I appreciate any direction you guys may be able to provide to a Baseball seasaon ticket holder in Houston, as the internet feed is my only link to most baseball games. I also agree with above in that the Sat mornings interviews with Robe are the most informative on college baseball I have been able to find.
    ESPN 1420 does not have internet feed YET. According to Stevie P. they are working on it but the holdup appears to be ESPN network on the the ESPN1420 internet feed. Stevie did say that they would probably do an internet feel of local programing only faily soon. I think that is what most of the out of town folks here in this board are interested in anyway. If that is the case then many more people will be able to keep up with the cajuns and call in. You will then be able to listen to Paul from Bridge call in, it's a hoot. You might need a translator for Big Dave when he is on with Foote. Of course when Big Dave and Bandit do High school Basketball or Football you will have to agree that it is very entertaining indeed.

You will also get to hear the wide variety of callers like Double Zero, Four Dogs, Dr. Bolin (a very big Yankee fan and very informed) Rooster, Art etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII
    ESPN 1420 does not have internet feed YET. According to Stevie P. they are working on it but the holdup appears to be ESPN network on the the ESPN1420 internet feed. Stevie did say that they would probably do an internet feel of local programing only faily soon. I think that is what most of the out of town folks here in this board are interested in anyway. If that is the case then many more people will be able to keep up with the cajuns and call in. You will then be able to listen to Paul from Bridge call in, it's a hoot. You might need a translator for Big Dave when he is on with Foote. Of course when Big Dave and Bandit do High school Basketball or Football you will have to agree that it is very entertaining indeed.

You will also get to hear the wide variety of callers like Double Zero, Four Dogs, Dr. Bolin (a very big Yankee fan and very informed) Rooster, Art etc.
    Seemed like last year they broadcasted on the internet off and on-more on the weekends [like Robe on Bitter]-via a link through KRVS. Wonder if they will do that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinetiger
    Why must you bring LSU into this?

Considering that the LSU program achieved more in the 00s, it worst decade in the last three, than the peppers have in its history, I would think you could keep your mouths shut about it, but guess not.

Why would they not choose LSU over UL?

LSU has more tradition, more wins, acutal champioships, more fans, better facilities, a better campus, bigger budget, a much better conference and generally is a better university.
    Yep, it's just like comparing Lafayette to Eunice.Eric, did dad give you a raise this month?

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinetiger
    Why must you bring LSU into this?
    WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT JUNIOR. Why must you bring LSU into this? You simply read way too much into Refineryville. My thread has zero to do with your precious school that is best known for the a KKK Emperial Wizard, several convicts, the most corrupt political machine in US history, and James Carville who is not known as a fighting whatever, but a Ragin'Cajun, and he isn't even a Cajun.

I do have to admit that Mr. Bitter does the best job by far of any of the 1420 radio personalities of asking the tough questions. Once he stops pimping the sponsors, he actually does a very good job of interviewing. Eventhough he is an LSU homer, I actually find out more about UL listening to him than to "the great apologist".

Default Re: Something to consider come .

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    selection time for the NCAA Tournament .

As most of you know, the Cajuns play a big three game series on the road against Arizona State this season. Sun Devil coach Pat Murphy replaces UNC-Greensboro coach Mike Gaski on the NCAA Selection Committee this season. Not only do the Cajuns have a chance to earn some bonus RPI points with some road wins against a top RPI squad . they have a chance to impress a member of the selection committee.

Brian
    I think you are exactly right. We need to win 2 of 3 against the Sun Devils and we need to win 2 of 3 against Southern Miss as well. Our non conference schedule is the best it has been in a few seasons.

We also need to win the games against the in-state schools because those are the ones that hurt us if we lose. Had we won 1 or 2 of those last year, we are in the post season, no questions asked.

Default Re: Baseball season tickets

I GOT MY SEASON TICKEST ON SATURDAY

I can't wait for the season to begin.

GEAUX CAJUNS.

Default Re: Something to consider come .

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Yes.
    If that's the same pat Murphy. he would be an ally.

I just have to imagine it's someone different

11. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Something to consider come .

This Pat Murphy was head baseball coach at Notre Dame. Paul Manieri took his place and now he is at LSU.

K

12. UL Baseball Re: Something to consider come .

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    If that's the same pat Murphy. he would be an ally.

I just have to imagine it's someone different
    Heh heh, no. Not the same Pat Murphy.

I was referring to my belief that Mike Gaski was an ally. I am surprised nobody has pressed me on this . :-)

Brian

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Baseball Fan Day Feb. 10

Anyone know who will be on the pro team? Also, how early should I get there to get the free book? I'm bringing my 4 year old and I want to make sure we get one. He signed up for tee-ball Saturday and he's pumped up. After we registered he asked when practice was.

Default Re: Baseball season tickets

So will the media guides be available in time for the first game?

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Baseball Fan Day Feb. 10

Did I hear someone say FREE HOTDOGS?

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information