Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: Starter agains La. Tech/

Nope. Arm was a little sore, so they held him out for pitching.

Default Re: Pathetic umpiring?

Until everyone here complaining has the balls to step out there and have a 90 mph fastball coming straight at you, without a glove to catch it, and still make a call in a split second, then you can complain. Until then, shut your mouth. The umpire isn't going to change his call because you are yelling that he's blind or whatever name you can come up with. If anything, he'll keep calling the same thing.

I know that when I was umpiring baseball games, me and the catcher would laugh at the fans who were yelling about every single pitch. And this was when the fans are about 15 feet away. Lord only knows what the umpire is saying about the fans when he's about 50 feet away at the Tigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    Until everyone here complaining has the balls to step out there and have a 90 mph fastball coming straight at you, without a glove to catch it, and still make a call in a split second, then you can complain. Until then, shut your mouth. The umpire isn't going to change his call because you are yelling that he's blind or whatever name you can come up with. If anything, he'll keep calling the same thing.

I know that when I was umpiring baseball games, me and the catcher would laugh at the fans who were yelling about every single pitch. And this was when the fans are about 15 feet away. Lord only knows what the umpire is saying about the fans when he's about 50 feet away at the Tigue.
    Reb no offense, Where you there? I spoke to several people this weekend involved in calling games locally, and both questioned the consistency. I know fans gripe about good calls all the time, but there was no consistencey in the strikezone Sunday. Yes, some people are still going to gripe regardless.

Complaining about the balls and strikes are part of baseball. All I know when Im listening and I hear J-Bird saying where was that one at. Something aint right.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos
    Nope. Arm was a little sore, so they held him out for pitching.
    Thanks Amos, did he see any time against McNeese last week? Maybe thats what I remember?

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    Reb no offense, Where you there? I spoke to several people this weekend involved in calling games locally, and both questioned the consistency. I know fans gripe about good calls all the time, but there was no consistencey in the strikezone Sunday. Yes, some people are still going to gripe regardless.
    I haven't missed a game this year. Yea, there were some questionable calls, in fact three come to mind, the 2 close calls at first on friday night and the really bad strike call sunday afternoon. But you are talking about a human being making the call. He calls what he sees, not what 2400 Cajun fans see. 2400 people may think he is wrong, but the only one that counts is the one wearing blue. Complaining about it won't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    I haven't missed a game this year. Yea, there were some questionable calls, in fact three come to mind, the 2 close calls at first on friday night and the really bad strike call sunday afternoon. But you are talking about a human being making the call. He calls what he sees, not what 2400 Cajun fans see. 2400 people may think he is wrong, but the only one that counts is the one wearing blue. Complaining about it won't change a thing.
    Very true ,and Cajun batters need to do a better job of adjusting to the strike zone. It still was a great weekend regardless and he certainly wasn't the worst behind the plate I've seen at the Tigue.

Default Re: Starter against La. Tech/

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    Any word on who is going to get the start against La. Tech tomorrow?

Possibly Zorich? Harmon? Wellborn?

Any word on how Farquar is feeling after yesterdays outting? What about Solich? I thought he pitched very well yesterday.
    Buddy Glass is in one of my classes (yeah you heard right), and he told me today that Justin Robicheaux is gonna start.

If he and coach are saying that I'm guessing that's what's going down. I think this is going to be another good win under our (their) belts.

9. UL Baseball ROUX: Fontenot reaps rewards

Greg Fontenot remembers the days when baseball wasn't always a walk in the park.

Like many talented young kids, his father, Greg Sr., pushed his son hard to improve.

These days, Fontenot is sure glad his father saw the immense potential in him.

He's a three-year starting shortstop for the Acadiana Wreckin' Rams preparing to meet the defending state champion Barbe Bucs at 4 p.m. today as an early signee for the UL Ragin' Cajun baseball program.

"My Dad was tough on me,'' Fontenot said. "He taught me everything I know about the game. I have to give him a lot of credit. There were times when it was tough, but now I see why.''

With a college scholarship already signed (UL) much of the pressure that accompanies a talented senior prospect has eluded Fontenot.

The rest of the story

Kevin Foote
    kfoote@theadvertiser.com

10. UL Baseball Opponent View: Tech looks for a little revenge against UL

RUSTON - The Louisiana Tech baseball team will host Louisiana-Lafayette fresh off a series win this weekend in conference play.

Tech (19-12) enters today’s game after taking two of three from Fresno State at home this weekend.

The Cajuns (20-5) defeated Tech, 5-1, earlier in the season in Lafayette in a game where Tech’s offense could not get clicking. The Bulldogs out-hit the Cajuns 8-6, but untimely hitting by Tech and three errors on defense helped give ULL the victory.

The rest of the story

News-Star news services
    sports@thenewsstar.com

11. UL Baseball Bulldogs Host Ranked Cajuns

RUSTON, La. – The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs will host No. 28 UL-Lafayette fresh off a series win this weekend in conference play. The Bulldogs (19-12) take on the Ragin’ Cajuns (20-5) that just cracked the Collegiate Baseball Top 30 poll this week.

Tech enters Tuesday’s game after taking two of three from Fresno State at home this weekend. The Bulldogs bats were hot against Fresno State, and Tech coach Wade Simoneaux look to remain so to beat a good Cajun club at J.C. Love Field.

The Cajuns defeated Tech earlier in the season in Lafayette 5-1 in a game Tech’s offense could not get clicking. The Bulldogs out-hit the Cajuns 8-6, but untimely hitting by Tech and three errors on defense helped give ULL the victory.

UL is led by Jefferie Tatford and Jonathan Lucroy. Tatford leads the team with a .378 batting average and 25 runs. Lucroy brings the power for Lafayette with 26 RBIs and six home runs. The Cajuns will be starting Justin Robichaux on the mound. It will be Robichaux’s first start of the season as he is 2-0 this year in four relief appearances and 7.1 innings pitched.

The rest of the story

12. UL Baseball UL, Troy rankings hold

Three weeks into Sun Belt Conference baseball play, and UL's Ragin' Cajuns are just about where they were predicted to be. So is defending conference champion Troy.

The rest of the standings, especially at the very top and near the bottom, are a mess. Especially if you're perennial powers Florida Atlantic and South Alabama, who are each one game out of the cellar at 2-7.

But not if you're UL Monroe, picked to finish tied for last in its first Sun Belt season and now in first place at 8-1.

"Nobody thought South Alabama and Florida Atlantic would be where they are," said Cajun coach Tony Robichaux, whose 20-5 squad will travel to Ruston tonight for a 6 p.m. non-conference game against La. Tech. "But both of them have some issues they've had to overcome.

"South Alabama lost a couple of coaches and a lot of players last year, and Florida Atlantic lost its number one starter and then lost its closer for a while."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

This is so COOL Re: Starter against La. Tech/

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Buddy Glass is in one of my classes (yeah you heard right), and he told me today that Justin Robicheaux is gonna start.

If he and coach are saying that I'm guessing that's what's going down. I think this is going to be another good win under our (their) belts.
    That was also confirmed on Coach Robe's show last night. Justin will control the dawgs just like Cesar Milan the Dog Whisperer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Thanks Amos, did he see any time against McNeese last week? Maybe thats what I remember?

Z.
    yeah justin pitched at mcneese and pretty much shut them down

15. Default Re: Starter against La. Tech/

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife

Justin will be limited in action, only pitching at most 3 or 4 innings. After that it will be pitcher by committee. I would assume that we will see a bunch of arms tonihgt.

I hope Justin can get a full 4 innings in.

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread Information