Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns of UL picked second in Sun Belt baseball

Last year's Sun Belt Conference baseball race came down to one game separating regular-season champion Troy and runner-up UL. This year's preseason league poll is no different.

Of the league's 11 coaches, six voted Troy first and UL second. The other five voted the Cajuns first and the Trojans second. It resulted in a one-point difference in the poll announced Tuesday by the league office.

The teams also split the top individual honors, with Cajun junior lefthander Hunter Moody tabbed as preseason Pitcher of the Year and Troy reliever-first baseman Josh Dew named as Player of the Year.

The Cajuns, who open their season on Tuesday, Feb. 13, at 6:30 p.m. against Nicholls State at Moore Field, had four representatives on the preseason team. In addition to Moody, sophomore right- hander Danny Farquhar joined Dew as relief pitcher, Jonathan Lucroy was tabbed as catcher and Devery Van De Keere was picked at third base.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

UL Baseball Re: Ragin' Cajuns of UL picked second in Sun Belt baseball

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    I thought Florida Atlantic was suppose to be good in baseball.

3. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns of UL picked second in Sun Belt baseball

Quote Originally Posted by LARaginCajun
    I think 4th in a league that is one of the top 10 baseball conferences around aint to shabby.

They are behind:

A top 25 team from last year in TROY
    A consistant NCAA tournament representitive in USA
    A team 6 years removed from the CWS and consistant NCAA participant

Not bad at all, they are ahead of FIU, Middle and UNO who consistantly put quality teams on the field.

4th in this league is where they should be rated, but I would not be suprised if they finish anywhere from 1st - 6th. This is going to be a strong league from top to bottom.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns of UL picked second in Sun Belt baseball

They are, we're just that much better.

Is this the year that it will be "about the kids again"??? I forget.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    They are, we're just that much better.

Is this the year that it will be "about the kids again"??? I forget.

Z.
    It will never, ever be "about the kids" again! NEVER!! There. I said it. The real question is, was it ever about the kids???

Florida Atlantic will threaten us as far as the best weekend rotation in the league is concerned. They have had some injuries to a couple of everyday players who are lost for the year.

I personally think they'll finish third.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Florida Atlantic will threaten us as far as the best weekend rotation in the league is concerned. They have had some injuries to a couple of everyday players who are lost for the year.

I personally think they'll finish third.
    you flying out of West Palm, Ft Lauderdale, or Miami?

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    you flying out of West Palm, Ft Lauderdale, or Miami?

Z.
    Fort Lauderdale. Team is flying out this morning. I'm staying to do the women's game and flying to Nashville on Friday.

9. Ragin' Cajuns UL'll stop the rain from stopping practice

Don't like the weather? Tired of soggy yards, flooded streets, fluctuating temperatures?

Be glad you're not coaching baseball or softball in south Louisiana right now, especially on the collegiate level where an inflexible deadline stares you right in the catcher's mask.

UL's baseball squad is 15 days away from its Feb. 13 season opener against Nicholls State. The Cajun softball team has only 11 days before it hosts the season-opening Louisiana Classics tournament.

They're not ready to play, and the weather's not helping.

"It's been tough," said UL softball coach Stefni Lotief. "We've moved practice times, gotten up early to go dump water off the tarp, practiced in the mist. We've done the best we can."

"I'd be frustrated if it was only us," said Cajun baseball coach Tony Robichaux. "But everybody in this area's going through it. A lot of teams we're going to play are going through it."

An unusually wet January has created field and practice problems, and cold snaps on dry days have created uncomfortable conditions at best and injury risks at worst.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

UL Baseball Re: 2007 Baseball Schedule

Feb 13 still seems early for me but it is getting close I can not wait.

UL Baseball Baseball season tickets

Anybody get their season tickets? We are only 2 weeks away, and I have not received mine. Hope they come soon. I can't wait for this season, especially after such a disapointing football and basketball season.

Default Re: Baseball season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi forum
    Season tickets are due to be shipped from the printer in Kansas on Jan.31st. The ticket office will mail out the season tickets Feb. 2nd. Tickets are not printed at the ticket office and tickets will not be given out at Fan Day. The SID has just received approval for the graphic on the Media Guide, which has not went out to printers. No media guides will be not be sent out with season tickets. Please do not call the ticket office, they are not responsible for any of the above mentioned.

13. UL Baseball Tony Robichaux interview begins anew

The best hour of UL Baseball discussion on the radio resumes this Saturday. You are invited to tune in to The Mr. Bitter Show for the first installment of the Tony Robichaux interview on ESPN 14.20

The first pitch of the 2007 Tony Robichaux Interview begins this Saturday (Feb 3) at 9:00 a.m.

The following Saturday it will return to its original 8:00 a.m. time slot and will be at 8:00 a.m. for the rest of the season.

14. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajun Baseball on TV

UL's baseball team will make 9 local television appearances during the 2007 season, and could add more if the Ragin' Cajuns reach the finals of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament.

KLAF-TV in Lafayette, channel 13 on Lafayette's Cox Cable, will air eight Ragin' Cajun baseball games.

KLAF's baseball package begins at 2:05 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24, against Illinois.

UL will also appear once on the Sun Belt's four-game regular-season baseball package, with the May 19 game at New Orleans aired over Cox Sports Television (channel 37 on the Lafayette cable).

The source of the story

UL Baseball Re: Tony Robichaux interview begins anew

Looking forward to BOP having Tony on prior to games starting.

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information