Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns regroup for rival Northwestern State

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    Cajuns fall to NSU 2-1 tonight. NSU pitcher gives up only 3 hits on the night.

Cue those who will question our hitting as a team.

Well, yes, let's talk hitting. Seems the same hitting problems that have often surfaced over the last couple of years are here again. I believe we've scored 1 run in the last 20 innings.

2. UL Baseball Northwestern St. keeps UL Men bats cold

UL's baseball team saw its offensive woes continue Tuesday, and Northwestern State's Heath Hennigan took full advantage.

The Demons' sophomore righthander made his first decision of the year an impressive one, as he handcuffed the Ragin' Cajuns on three hits in a 2-1 NSU victory at Brown-Stroud Field.

The Cajuns (11-3) were coming off a 1-0 loss at Southern Mississippi on Sunday, and have now lost three of four after a 10-game season-opening win streak.

Hennigan (1-0) did not allow a Cajun leadoff hitter to reach base in any inning, and UL only strung together two hits once. that came in the third inning when Tim Santiago laced a two-out double down the right-field line and Xavier Alexander followed with a bouncing single through the left side.

That tied the game 1-1, but UL had only two other runners reach base in the final six innings. Scott Hawkins reached on a one-out error in the fifth and was caught stealing, and Kolin Hatfield singled with two outs in the eighth and was left stranded.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: @ Houston Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by HTownCajunII
    Not sure what to tell you. Maybe the alumni association is trying to trade you to the other side.
    . for a player to be named later!

4. Default Re: @ Houston Tickets

Here's the original email sent by the alumni association. I'm planning to go, so does anyone know the right answer?

Batter Up! It’s Ragin’ Cajun Baseball!

Houston Ragin’ Cajun alumni are invited to come out and rally the Cajuns as they travel to the University of Houston on Tuesday, March 13, at 7 p.m. to play the Cougars. Wear your Ragin’ Cajun colors and join fellow alumni at Drexler’s Barbecue, 2300 Pierce Street in Houston, at 5:30 p.m. Get your “Geaux Cajuns” signs before heading to Cougar Field. Tickets for the game will only be sold through the Cougars’ box office, but get your ticket along the 3rd baseline to cheer on the team!

The Recap

What: Ragin’ Cajuns baseball vs. UH Cougars and Pre-game social

Where: Pre-game social, Drexler’s Barbeque
    2300 Pierce Street in Houston
    Baseball game, Cougars Field

When: Tuesday, March 13, 2007
    Pre-game social, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
    Baseball game, 7 p.m.

www.LOUISIANAalumni.org

5. UL Baseball Comments from a scout .

I am paraphrasing from the SEBaseball.com Daily Dose . A scout told Mark Etheridge that the Cajuns are really good. The scout had another scout tell him that they are the best team he has seen. That they are SEC good and have one of the deepest pitching staffs.

For more see .
    http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=649794

Brian

Default Re: Comments from a scout .

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    I am paraphrasing from the SEBaseball.com Daily Dose . A scout told Mark Etheridge that the Cajuns are really good. The scout had another scout tell him that they are the best team he has seen. That they are SEC good and have one of the deepest pitching staffs.

For more see .

Brian
    Wish I could read it, not a member.

Yes perhaps you could access the article and post it for us.

8. UL Baseball Re: Comments from a scout .

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Yes perhaps you could access the article and post it for us.
    It is subscriber content.

Brian

For more see .

Brian

Thanks for the info. Brian. Keep it coming.

I think this is one of the problems with college baseball not being more popular. I am not a member of SEbaseball or of Baseball America, and I don't have the money or the time to spend on the services. It makes it hard for fans of the game to keep up.

Who is the SunBelt ace that is injured. I hope it is not Moody?

11. UL Baseball Re: Comments from a scout .

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    Who is the SunBelt ace that is injured. I hope it is not Moody?
    Mickey Storey of FAU.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    Thanks for the info. Brian. Keep it coming.

I think this is one of the problems with college baseball not being more popular. I am not a member of SEbaseball or of Baseball America, and I don't have the money or the time to spend on the services. It makes it hard for fans of the game to keep up.
    I feel your pain. It's not as easy to stay on top of college baseball as it should be. But Sebaseball.com is really cheap, something like $6 a month. And it's very much worth it.

13. UL Baseball Re: Comments from a scout .

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel
    I feel your pain. It's not as easy to stay on top of college baseball as it should be. But Sebaseball.com is really cheap, something like $6 a month. And it's very much worth it.
    Indeed. There is also a lot of free content and it is a good repository for useful links.

I will say that if SEBaseball.com did not have a subscriber model and charge for some of its services, it would not (could not) exist. And that would not be a good thing for College Baseball.

Brian

UL Baseball Baseball Scheduling (split)

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinetiger
    Kal claimed that LSU is afraid to play UL. I pointed out that LSU had crushed UL by 20 points the last time they played. In fact, LSU has beaten UL badly every time they have played in the last couple of years. SO my point was and is, why would LSU be afraid to play a school it crushes so easily? There is no logic in Kals claim, other than Kal made it up to make LSU look bad. HE LIED. simply put, he lied about LSU playing or not playing UL.
    so why are we the only baseball team in louisiana not on lsu's baseball schedule? Are we not as good as stetson or lipscomb? We are only 50 minutes away, igeuss thats too far for the baby bengals to travel on a tuesday?

For more see .

Brian
    I do indeed believe that we have a good team. But as a fan that is not very knowledgeable, I do have a question about how good we are. On paper, I see that we indeed only have three losses to our 11 wins. But, when one of those losses is to a team like Northwestern State, how good can we really be? Maybe NSU is better than I give them credit for, but my perception is that they are a team that we shouldn't lose to.

So was it just one of those rare hickups that all really good teams experience? Your 2 cents would be appreciated.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!

Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread Information