Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

Default Re: Eagles slip by Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    i was at the friday night game at southern miss and he didnt really get shelled if we dont commit those errors moody pitches a gem. However when he was done he was done it looked like he couldnt go anymore. This was a godd team that we played this weekend who was a number 2 seed in a regional last year. We were a couple hits away from taking 2 of 3.
    Thanks. I couldn't be there and only heard it on the radio. I forgot about the errors that we made. Not to mention that we left the bases loaded twice (from what I can remember). It's ashame that the entire lineup picked this weekend to go into a slump, but that is baseball.

Hopefully, we can put it back together for this coming weekend against Sout Al. I can't stand those guys. We need to sweep.

2. Default @ Houston Tickets

I'm definitely there for the Cajuns game at Houston on the 13th. I was gonna buy tickets online through the UH Athletic Dept. but I wasn't sure which section to choose. I'm assuming the many Cajuns fan that will be there will be sitting over the Cajun dugout, but I know the Home dugout changes from field to field.

Any knowledge on which section to choose? Does it really matter since you can sit anywhere? I don't know since I've never been to a game at Houston ballpark.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    I agree. While the Cajun in me is disappointed that we didn't win all 3 by a combined score of 30 to 3 I know better.

The only thing that concerned me was Moody. I know it is still early for him and he has to settle in, but that is two games in a row where he has been hit very hard. He only gave up one hit against Illinois, but I was there and they smoked him. I know he will be fine, and I am not complaining, but maybe he should pitch on Saturday or Sunday until he gets back to normal. The reason I say that is because we need to get the Friday night win under our belt so we have confidence for the rest of the weekend. If we lose the Friday game, it makes Saturday and Sunday must wins and the players may press a little instead of playing relaxed. Just a suggestion.

Glass will pitch Friday, Zorich Sat. and Moody Sun.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: @ Houston Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    I'm definitely there for the Cajuns game at Houston on the 13th. I was gonna buy tickets online through the UH Athletic Dept. but I wasn't sure which section to choose. I'm assuming the many Cajuns fan that will be there will be sitting over the Cajun dugout, but I know the Home dugout changes from field to field.

Any knowledge on which section to choose? Does it really matter since you can sit anywhere? I don't know since I've never been to a game at Houston ballpark.

Thanks.
    CAll Angela (Johnson I think) at the Alumni Association. Not sure if you got the e-mail from her, but there is supposed to be a social and such before the game, and there was info on tickets. get me your e-mail address, as well as any others wanting to make it, and I'll forward you the info.

5. UL Baseball Re: Eagles slip by Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    Brian,

I know we just lost 2 of 3 to a very good Southern Miss team, but Baseball America still does not have us in their top 25. Not only that, but Southern Miss is not in their top 25 either. What is the story with those guys over there. They have never given us any respect, and they have teams with 4 or more loses in their top 25.
    Baseball America feels that the Cajuns and Golden Eagles do not have enough projected Top 5 round talent to merit a Top 25 ranking.

Seriously . (OK, I was only half joking)

First, Baseball America would not have the Cajuns in the Top 25 even if the Cajuns had won on Sunday. I think it would have taken a sweep. The same for USM. The other polls? I think the Cajuns may have made one or two Top 25's with a series win this weekend.

Second, I would not have the Cajuns in the Top 25 either. They are close, maybe Top 30 . definitely Top 35. But they needed to win that series this weekend to merit Top 25 status in my opinion. As for USM, they are close. Had they won this series in Lafayette (instead of in Hattiesburg), you may have seen them ranked in the Top 25 this week (for the pollsters that pay close enough attention). USM did come in at #26 in NCBWA and #27 in Collegiate Baseball. USM came in at #40 in the USA Today Coaches Poll while UL came in at #36. I think USM and UL are evenly matched and if the series had been in Lafayette, the Cajuns would have taken 2/3.

Keep in mind that the BA rankings are assembled by three individuals looking at the prior week's results on a Monday morning. There is not much diversity in this Top 25. And you know how they are heavily influenced by MLB scouting projections. Scouting is one of their staples. However, I just do not think this translates well to understanding and projecting success in the college game.

Don't get upset by the polls. They really mean nothing as far as NCAA Selections are concerned. The Cajuns need to be concerned with winning these high profile out of conference games and performing well in conference. Impress Pat Murphy when the Cajuns go to Tempe. He replaces Mike Gaski on the Selection Committee this season.

Brian

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Baseball America feels that the Cajuns and Golden Eagles do not have enough projected Top 5 round talent to merit a Top 25 ranking.

First, Baseball America would not have the Cajuns in the Top 25 even if the Cajuns had won on Sunday. I think it would have taken a sweep. The same for USM. The other polls? I think the Cajuns may have made one or two Top 25's with a series win this weekend.

Second, I would not have the Cajuns in the Top 25 either. They are close, maybe Top 30 . definitely Top 35. But they needed to win that series this weekend to merit Top 25 status in my opinion. As for USM, they are close. Had they won this series in Lafayette (instead of in Hattiesburg), you may have seen them ranked in the Top 25 this week (for the pollsters that pay close enough attention). USM did come in at #26 in NCBWA and #27 in Collegiate Baseball. USM came in at #40 in the USA Today Coaches Poll while UL came in at #36. I think USM and UL are evenly matched and if the series had been in Lafayette, the Cajuns would have taken 2/3.

Keep in mind that the BA rankings are assembled by three individuals looking at the prior week's results on a Monday morning. There is not much diversity in this Top 25. And you know how they are heavily influenced by MLB scouting projections. Scouting is one of their staples. However, I just do not think this translates well to understanding and projecting success in the college game.

Don't get upset by the polls. They really mean nothing as far as NCAA Selections are concerned. The Cajuns need to be concerned with winning these high profile out of conference games and performing well in conference. Impress Pat Murphy when the Cajuns go to Tempe. He replaces Mike Gaski on the Selection Committee this season.

Brian
    That's what i was thinking this morning. You can't go to a team, who isn't in the Top 25, lose two out of three, and get put into the Top 25. Like GG said, who cares about rankings. All i care about is continuing to win games, especially those mid-weekers, winning conference, and keeping that RPI sky high.

7. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns regroup for rival Northwestern State

UL's baseball team may have lost two of three games at Southern Mississippi during the weekend, but there's not much disappointment in Tony Robichaux's voice.

That's because the Ragin' Cajuns did a lot of things in the series that Robichaux knows are going to be important when UL gets into conference play - this weekend.

The Cajuns open Sun Belt Conference action at home Friday in a three-game home series against South Alabama at Moore Field. Before that, though, UL goes on the road tonight to face state rival Northwestern State at 6:30 p.m. at NSU's Brown-Stroud Field.

UL (11-2) suffered its first losses of the season Friday and Sunday in Hattiesburg, Miss., falling 7-4 on Friday and 1-0 on Sunday surrounding a 4-0 Saturday win.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

8. Default Re: @ Houston Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee

Thanks.
    Visitors are in the first base dugout at UH.

Don't expend too much effort in buying tickets in advance as there will surely be a few thousand empty seats leaving you to pick a seat of your choice once inside. UH is largely a commuter school and doesn't get the support you might imagine being in a city of this size.

The Cougars do not have near as strong a team as they have had in the recent past, but are still a formitable program. Their most productive offensive player happens to be a kid from Jesuit(NO) and Delgado CC.

See ya at the ballpark

Default Re: @ Houston Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by HTownCajunII
    Visitors are in the first base dugout at UH.

Don't expend too much effort in buying tickets in advance as there will surely be a few thousand empty seats leaving you to pick a seat of your choice once inside. UH is largely a commuter school and doesn't get the support you might imagine being in a city of this size.

The Cougars do not have near as strong a team as they have had in the recent past, but are still a formitable program. Their most productive offensive player happens to be a kid from Jesuit(NO) and Delgado CC.

See ya at the ballpark
    Whoa whoa whoa.first base dugout? The e-mail i got from the alumni association said to buy our tickets down the third base line. What does it matter anyway, I'm gonna go sit where i see the most red. I mean, wait, how will we find each other? this happened at the football game. Speaking of the football game at UofH, they sold beer there. does the baseball stadium sell beer?

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns regroup for rival Northwestern State

I know everyone in Louisiana is good but I am still have trouble thinking of Northwestern as a rival. They sweept us the last few times we played so I guess its a natural tendancy to become rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin

Brian
    Thanks Brian. Always appreciate the insight.

I know winning takes care of everything and if we win we get ranked. Therefore, the rankings are important. I think the most important aspect about the rankings is that it gets our name out there to the rest of the country. It shows young prospective recruits that we are respected and they will want to come.

12. Default Re: @ Houston Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    does the baseball stadium sell beer?
    I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Glass will pitch Friday, Zorich Sat. and Moody Sun.
    What is the reasoning behind the change? Is b/c of what I said in my earlier post? Just want a few more details. Thanks.

14. Default Re: @ Houston Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Whoa whoa whoa.first base dugout? The e-mail i got from the alumni association said to buy our tickets down the third base line. What does it matter anyway, I'm gonna go sit where i see the most red. I mean, wait, how will we find each other? this happened at the football game. Speaking of the football game at UofH, they sold beer there. does the baseball stadium sell beer?
    Not sure what to tell you. Maybe the alumni association is trying to trade you to the other side.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns regroup for rival Northwestern State

Cajuns fall to NSU 2-1 tonight. NSU pitcher gives up only 3 hits on the night.

Cue those who will question our hitting as a team.

Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread Information