Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. UL Baseball Eagles slip by Ragin' Cajuns

At the very least, UL's baseball team should have received style points for its pitching effort Sunday.

Ragin' Cajun junior Buddy Glass pitched well enough to win against Southern Mississippi's Golden Eagles. But, so did USM's David Clark, and it was Clark's Eagles that escaped with a 1-0 victory in the final game of the teams' three-game series at USM's Pete Taylor Park in Hattiesburg, Miss.

The Eagles broke a scoreless tie in the bottom of the ninth, when eight-hole hitter Drew Carson blooped a two-out single into center field. That hit scored Bailey Hartel from second base for the game's only run, enough to give the Golden Eagles (10-2) a two-to-one victory in the weekend series.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Eagles slip by Ragin' Cajuns

Great game by Buddy I normally never question Robe but I could not understand why the outfield ws so deep on that last batter. he was hitting .091 going into the game The wind was blowing in yet our outfield was playing deep. Another couple of steps and Gisclair makes the catch

Oh well Two very good teams matched up in hattiesburgh the exact same number of runs were scored by each team and I think 2 hits separated the two teams We both left the weekend at 11-2. Cant get much closer than thatListening to the So Miss announcers as we started the trek home, they said we were the best team by far they had faced this year

The bats grew a little silent Sunday but I have great confidence in this team!!!!!!!

3. UL Baseball Re: Eagles slip by Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    Great game by Buddy I normally never question Robe but I could not understand why the outfield ws so deep on that last batter. he was hitting .091 going into the game The wind was blowing in yet our outfield was playing deep. Another couple of steps and Gisclair makes the catch

Oh well Two very good teams matched up in hattiesburgh the exact same number of runs were scored by each team and I think 2 hits separated the two teams We both left the weekend at 11-2. Cant get much closer than thatListening to the So Miss announcers as we started the trek home, they said we were the best team by far they had faced this year

The bats grew a little silent Sunday but I have great confidence in this team!!!!!!!
    To win the close ones, you have got to be able to bunt runners over and get good jumps/protect the runnner when you have to steal a base, and I know this is something these guys work on everyday, but we did`nt get it done yesterday and it hurt us,I think we will be good but like Tony says we need to decide if we will be great.

4. Default Re: Eagles slip by Ragin' Cajuns

The first Pseudo RPIs are out byBoyd Nation. Here is the top 10:

Ratings are updated daily around 8:30 Central Time.

Last updated: Mon Mar 5 08:30:04 2007

Division I Overall
    Rank Rating W L W L Team

1 0.712 10 2 10 2 Southern Mississippi
    2 0.674 13 2 13 2 Auburn
    3 0.664 11 2 11 2 University of Louisiana
    4 0.661 12 5 12 5 Cal State Fullerton
    5 0.659 7 1 7 1 Memphis
    6 0.654 10 1 10 1 South Carolina
    7 0.651 10 3 10 3 Stetson
    8 0.650 8 4 8 4 Long Beach State
    9 0.649 10 6 11 6 Rice
    10 0.647 3 2 3 2 Lafayette
    Also, he has the ISR's and we are in the top 10.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by jay bee
    The first Pseudo RPIs are out byBoyd Nation. Here is the top 10:

Also, he has the ISR's and we are in the top 10.
    Warren nolan has our RPI at 3, and SOS at 36, and USM RPI at #1 similar to Boyd's world. The polls ahven't been updated yet today, but should be by this afternoon. Also noted that Illinois went 2-1 on the weekend, and their RPI is up to 87 or whatever.

will have to go back and read GG's old posts to see where to find the best/most accurate RPI rankings and stuff.

6. UL Baseball Re: Eagles slip by Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Warren nolan has our RPI at 3, and SOS at 36, and USM RPI at #1 similar to Boyd's world. The polls ahven't been updated yet today, but should be by this afternoon. Also noted that Illinois went 2-1 on the weekend, and their RPI is up to 87 or whatever.

will have to go back and read GG's old posts to see where to find the best/most accurate RPI rankings and stuff.
    hey does anyone know if ol Smoke Laval is coaching anymore?

I think he's an assistant at Arizona or Arizona St.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos

I just looked on both of their web sites and Smokey is not listed as an assistant.

9. UL Baseball Re: Eagles slip by Ragin' Cajuns

You may be thinking of Turtle Thomas at Arizona State.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    You may be thinking of Turtle Thomas at Arizona State.

Brian,

I know we just lost 2 of 3 to a very good Southern Miss team, but Baseball America still does not have us in their top 25. Not only that, but Southern Miss is not in their top 25 either. What is the story with those guys over there. They have never given us any respect, and they have teams with 4 or more loses in their top 25.

You're correct, I was. Sorry about that "proud".

You're correct, I was. Sorry about that "proud".
    No problem. I don't know where he is either. When I saw the question, I became curious and wanted to know where he was also.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    Brian,

I know we just lost 2 of 3 to a very good Southern Miss team, but Baseball America still does not have us in their top 25. Not only that, but Southern Miss is not in their top 25 either. What is the story with those guys over there. They have never given us any respect, and they have teams with 4 or more loses in their top 25.

I know. Its pretty ridiculous!! The 2nd week or so of the season, Wichita State was 3 and 2 and was ranked 10th or so. Doesn't make sense!!

As far as this past weekend, we ended up losing to a team that most would say is about as good as we are (some would say a bit better). and we won one and was a hair away from winning a second one. Had those same games been at home, we would have won two. All in all, not a bad weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    I know. Its pretty ridiculous!! The 2nd week or so of the season, Wichita State was 3 and 2 and was ranked 10th or so. Doesn't make sense!!

As far as this past weekend, we ended up losing to a team that most would say is about as good as we are (some would say a bit better). and we won one and was a hair away from winning a second one. Had those same games been at home, we would have won two. All in all, not a bad weekend!
    I agree. While the Cajun in me is disappointed that we didn't win all 3 by a combined score of 30 to 3 I know better.

The only thing that concerned me was Moody. I know it is still early for him and he has to settle in, but that is two games in a row where he has been hit very hard. He only gave up one hit against Illinois, but I was there and they smoked him. I know he will be fine, and I am not complaining, but maybe he should pitch on Saturday or Sunday until he gets back to normal. The reason I say that is because we need to get the Friday night win under our belt so we have confidence for the rest of the weekend. If we lose the Friday game, it makes Saturday and Sunday must wins and the players may press a little instead of playing relaxed. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    I agree. While the Cajun in me is disappointed that we didn't win all 3 by a combined score of 30 to 3 I know better.

The only thing that concerned me was Moody. I know it is still early for him and he has to settle in, but that is two games in a row where he has been hit very hard. He only gave up one hit against Illinois, but I was there and they smoked him. I know he will be fine, and I am not complaining, but maybe he should pitch on Saturday or Sunday until he gets back to normal. The reason I say that is because we need to get the Friday night win under our belt so we have confidence for the rest of the weekend. If we lose the Friday game, it makes Saturday and Sunday must wins and the players may press a little instead of playing relaxed. Just a suggestion.
    i was at the friday night game at southern miss and he didnt really get shelled if we dont commit those errors moody pitches a gem. However when he was done he was done it looked like he couldnt go anymore. This was a godd team that we played this weekend who was a number 2 seed in a regional last year. We were a couple hits away from taking 2 of 3.

Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 . LastLast

Thread Information