Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007 Ragin' Cajun Baseball

1. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

your starter was very good today but i tell you that reliever you put in was one of the best we have seen. your pitching is very impressive. i think the biggest thing other than your pitching is your coach knows how to call a game. our coach if you couldnt tell from his waddle turned the play calling over to his assisant.

TOMORROW IS HUGE!!

2. UL Baseball Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southernmiss
    your starter was very good today but i tell you that reliever you put in was one of the best we have seen. your pitching is very impressive. i think the biggest thing other than your pitching is your coach knows how to call a game. our coach if you couldnt tell from his waddle turned the play calling over to his assisant.

TOMORROW IS HUGE!!
    Danny Farquhar has some nasty stuff. Very good movement on his pitches and difficult to pick up. He was mowing down hitters last season as a true freshman.

Once Moody's arm gets completely back, the rotation looks solid. Starter #1b (with Moody being #1a) Buddy Glass gets the call tomorrow against Clark. Laughter, Pilgreen, and Farquhar should have a few innings in them tomorrow.

BTW, w/respect to Corky Palmer, replacement knee(s)?

Brian

3. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Danny Farquhar has some nasty stuff. Very good movement on his pitches and difficult to pick up. He was mowing down hitters last season as a true freshman.

Once Moody's arm gets completely back, the rotation looks solid. Starter #1b (with Moody being #1a) Buddy Glass gets the call tomorrow against Clark. Laughter, Pilgreen, and Farquhar should have a few innings in them tomorrow.

BTW, w/respect to Corky Palmer, replacement knee(s)?

Brian

yea at least one replaced the other one had surgery and he had ankle surgery
    a testament to a long life of catching

4. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

i was looking over your schedule and i didnt see lsu do yaw ever play?

5. UL Baseball Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Hee hee. I will let some others respond to this one .

Brian (LSU is too busy getting swept by Lipscomb in Baton Rouge this weekend)

P.S. Lipscomb actually has a decent team this season and will challenge for the Atlantic Sun. But this is definitely not good PR for LSU.

6. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

we have them next week and i was thinking about going not really to see us play lsu but to see us play in alex box.

7. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

i forgot to tell the ull fans that came to hattiesburg if yaw havent eaten there yet go to mugshots tomorrow for lunch the best hambuger in town. get the mcdonald buger you will not regret it. it is right down from the stadium.

8. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

and i do realize i mispelled burger.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Yet they play every other team in the state??? HHhhmmmm, go figure?

LOL! There is not enough time to explain at this moment.

Z.

UL Baseball Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

LSU feels that we are not the kind of teams and fans they want to play in softball, and baseball. I think the baseball series renews next year at their place only.

11. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

thats how state and ole miss treat us in football and basketball. the only thing we can do is beat them in baseball. that is why this series is so important to us. we not only want to show state and olemiss that they are the weak part of our schedule but that we have played tuffer comptition. that their sec schedule is respectable but ours is pretty hard.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Cajun baseball doesn't have to prove anything. Just play our ball and let the rest play itself out. I graduated from both and am an avid baseball fan and attended games of both teams since mid 80's. I think the so called 'fans' of LSU in Lafayette, and some of our fans although not many, cause the problem. Let the Cajuns ride high on their accomplishments and leave the talk to the folks who never attended either school. GO CAJUNS !

13. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

have yaw seen the rpi and isr reports.

rpi ull 1 southern miss 2
    isr southern miss 1 ull 3

huge jump in rpi for both teams.

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2007/rpi

Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

TOMORROW IS HUGE!!
    Thanks. The catcher actualy calls the UL game. Farquhar is going to the Cape league next summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see JRobe maybe pitch some tomorrow.

15. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

have yaw seen the rpi and isr reports.

rpi UL 1 southern miss 2
    isr southern miss 1 ull 3

huge jump in rpi for both teams.

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2007/rpi
    This is not the RPI, but the Base RPI. And it is too early to be statistically significant.

Note that there is yet to be an RPI released that includes the required bonuses/penalties that are an important part of the formula.

A quick summary of the three main RPI systems available in a few weeks .

1) SEBaseball.com -> Base RPI correctly uses tie games in its calculations. It also includes reasonably accurate estimates for the bonuses/penalties portion of the formula used by the NCAA.

2) Boyd Nation -> Same as SEBaseball.com above, except that tie games are not included in the calculation for Base RPI. SEBaseball.com and Boyd Nation have worked together on reverse engineering the bonuses/penalties formula.

3) Warren Nolan RPI -> Only publishes the Base RPI and also does not include ties in the Base RPI calculation. This RPI differs significantly from that which the NCAA uses.

Brian

Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information