UL 4
    USM 7
    Top 7th, 2 Outs

Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

UL 4
    USM 7

bottom 7th

UL Baseball Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Why is the Internet audio so far behind the live stats? I just booted up, and am probably 5 minutes behind the live stats!

Game 1:

UL 4
    USM 7
    FINAL

Listenng to the game tonight WAS very laggy to say the least. Seemed like I heard more from Brent than Steve.
    Tough game tonight as I thought it would be on the road.
    One bad inning. It's OK, good reality check.
    Losing only teaches how to win better!!
    I still stay we take the next 2.

8. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VIPA
    Listenng to the game tonight WAS very laggy to say the least. Seemed like I heard more from Brent than Steve.
    Tough game tonight as I thought it would be on the road.
    One bad inning. It's OK, good reality check.
    Losing only teaches how to win better!!
    I still stay we take the next 2.
    I am not even a baseball fan in general, but can't help but be excited about the Cajuns this year. It is great to see a lot of tradition continue there and great fan support. Putting 2500+ fans in the stands each game for college baseball is big time. Kind of reminds me of Cajuns basketball program in 70s and 80s, back before espn made college basketball a big time TV sport.

9. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Being at the game, I saw alot of positives tonight. Sure, Hunter didnt have his best game, however some of the hits he gave up was just due to good hitting by Southern Miss. Also, there is no need to be concerned with Moody since he has not pitched that much and he will come around and will be fine. The Cajuns hit the ball well tonight and didnt have that much to show for it, they were hitting shots just right to people however. Also, Pilgreen was VERY impressive coming out of the pen and shutting the door on USM.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918
    Being at the game, I saw alot of positives tonight. Sure, Hunter didnt have his best game, however some of the hits he gave up was just due to good hitting by Southern Miss. Also, there is no need to be concerned with Moody since he has not pitched that much and he will come around and will be fine. The Cajuns hit the ball well tonight and didnt have that much to show for it, they were hitting shots just right to people however. Also, Pilgreen was VERY impressive coming out of the pen and shutting the door on USM.
    Do you think Hunter is still hurting a bit? Pilgreen came out and was lights out!

Tomorrow is suppose to be an awesome day. Hope more folks come up from La.

Z.

11. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

your pitcher did not do a bad job. i think the biggest thing was the umpire tonight was to inconsistent this caused both pitchers to have to throw some pitches you normally wouldnt see. our guys just swung at the right time. i also think errors plagued both teams it was a pretty sloppy game on both sides.

12. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

As far as Moody still hurting, I really have no idea. Also southernmiss, you are right, the umpire was VERY inconsistent and I am not saying he affected the outcome of the game but he did affect the pitch calling and etc. with his terrible calling. No offense southernmiss, but ya'lls official scorer is an IDIOT, ha

13. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns baseball win streak ends at 10

The season-opening win streak is over for UL's baseball team, mostly because Southern Mississippi's Golden Eagles did to the Cajuns what the UL squad had done to most of its first 10 foes.

The host Eagles took advantage of solid pitching and some UL miscues, and got the needed big inning in a 7-4 win over the Cajuns on Friday at Pete Taylor Park in Hattiesburg, Miss.

The Cajuns (10-1) committed three errors, two of them in USM's four-run fifth inning that snapped a 3-3 tie and gave the Eagles (9-1) an early advantage in the three-game weekend series. The teams play at 1 p.m. today and Sunday.

"The big key when you're playing a good team is stay away from the big inning," said Cajun coach Tony Robichaux. "We hit a batter and misplayed a bunt when they were trying to play for one run, and we set them up for a big inning."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

14. Default Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Do you think Hunter is still hurting a bit? Pilgreen came out and was lights out!

Tomorrow is suppose to be an awesome day. Hope more folks come up from La.

Z.
    I would not be too concerned about Moody just yet. It took Buddy Glass a couple of games to settle into a groove, and that was against teams not as potent as USM. My thoughts are that the 2006 version of Hunter Moody will be raring to go next Friday night v S Al.

15. UL Baseball Re: UL@USM Game Info & Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918
    As far as Moody still hurting, I really have no idea. Also southernmiss, you are right, the umpire was VERY inconsistent and I am not saying he affected the outcome of the game but he did affect the pitch calling and etc. with his terrible calling. No offense southernmiss, but ya'lls official scorer is an IDIOT, ha
    It did seem that the umpire's low strike was inconsistent.

The scorekeeper . wow. James Ewing should have had at least three errors last night. I believe he was only charged with two. I was beginning to wonder what was considered an error.

Ultimately, the Cajuns were sloppy with the defense at the wrong time and USM took advantage of it.

My thinking was that if the Cajuns could get one of the first two games, they would be in good position to take the series as they will have an advantage on Sunday with Glass going against Clark. But now there is no more margin for error.

Note that in the past two series between these clubs, the home team has swept. The Cajuns swept the Golden Eagles in 2000 and the reverse happened in 2001.

Brian

Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information